Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

I implore you all to go to the sites nearest you or on your commute and see if there is any sign of work.

Antennas

SPR_CABLES_A.jpg

Cabinets

NL03ME016_CABINETS1.JPG

Backhaul

8703191578_4ef994686c_z_d.jpg

Packages/Boxes on the ground

8738895849_bed26c0def_c_d.jpg

I bet you guys will be surprised with what you find.

FWIW,

There were crews digging south what looked like fiber on the north bound side of i55 this morning between vogel and church.

The two sites by my office in the Westport Area are bone dry. I'll try to check out the Richmond Heights and Maplewood sites tonight.

There is a new blip on sensorly between Columbia and Valmeyer in Illinois and Also near Poplar St Bridge. Could be the sites that we already know about...maybe not.

Edit: Also one on Hwy H in St. Charles County.

Went back to the site closest to my house in Collinsville, IL. There was a truck there...didn't have time to stop and talk but the truck said Contractor/Surveyor.

I wonder if STL County is slowing down the contractors in some spots in the STL market? It seems like there's a flurry of activity in the Metro East (good news for lilg740, my parents, sister and brother-in-law, others), but not as much happening in mid-county STL of late.

My sincere hope is that this rollout is complete in time for my account to be discount eligible for a new phone (September/October) so I can join in the LTE fun. :D

My hope is that they do 6 or 7 sites in Metro East and then do 6 or 7 more in STL and go back and forth.

I hope they finish other markets and blitz the area with crews. :)

• Like 1

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-closes-deal-buy-spectrum-and-customers-us-cellular-midwest?utm_source=ac&utm_medium=twitter

"As part of the deal, Sprint gets its hands on 20MHz of PCS airwaves in " various Midwest markets including Chicago, South Bend, Ind., and Champaign, Ill.," and 10MHz in St. Louis."

Any idea what the plans are for this?

"10MHz in St. Louis."

Probably nothing for the immediate future, they would have to finish the migration of USC customers and get USC network offline.

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-closes-deal-buy-spectrum-and-customers-us-cellular-midwest?utm_source=ac&utm_medium=twitter

"As part of the deal, Sprint gets its hands on 20MHz of PCS airwaves in " various Midwest markets including Chicago, South Bend, Ind., and Champaign, Ill.," and 10MHz in St. Louis."

Once the USC customers are gone, and they shut off the network (sometime in the next 3-6 months I believe) that spectrum will be available to add more CDMA and EVDO channels in the market using the existing equipment. That will help to alliviate some of the capacity issues.

• Like 1

This morning, I swung by the closest site to my house to take a look around. It's in Troy IL at South Hickory St. Saw some very interesting things:

These look like new Ericsson cabinets, from all the descriptions on these forums.

O0dGbXp.jpg

Stickers on the cabinets have the Site ID. The Site ID is Sprint-specific, right? No other carrier would use that specification?

2MVOv2j.jpg

These look like they might be new NV panels. Anyone with more experience spotting these want to chime in?

ebB5JPh.jpg

wKfVVLe.jpg

jHLw9Vi.jpg

Also saw some disturbed ground around where the backhaul comes into the site.

• Like 2

This morning, I swung by the closest site to my house to take a look around. It's in Troy IL at South Hickory St. Saw some very interesting things:

These look like new Ericsson cabinets, from all the descriptions on these forums.

Stickers on the cabinets have the Site ID. The Site ID is Sprint-specific, right? No other carrier would use that specification?

These look like they might be new NV panels. Anyone with more experience spotting these want to chime in?

Also saw some disturbed ground around where the backhaul comes into the site.

Holy cow, that is awesome! I assume it was not broadcasting?

Congratulations on finding an upgraded Sprint site! You've identified everything perfectly!

Make sure to add this to the "Report In-Progress Here" thread over in the sponsors section.

I put a link to that post in the in progress thread.

Holy cow, that is awesome! I assume it was not broadcasting?

Never picked up LTE anywhere close to there. I may have seen eHRPD on the LTE Discovery app while going through town but I'm not sure. I'll have to check on the way home. Would that mean anything?

Anyway, I'll keep my eyes open and my phone on.

Never picked up LTE anywhere close to there. I may have seen eHRPD on the LTE Discovery app while going through town but I'm not sure. I'll have to check on the way home. Would that mean anything?

Anyway, I'll keep my eyes open and my phone on.

You should see eHRPD everywhere in the market, so that doesn't mean a whole lot at this point.

anyone get the scids for the purple on poplar st bridge?

its kind of funny how the purple ends at Pops.

Still on EVDO Rev. 0:5 here....

you should go into the settings and make sure that you have lte/cdma mode enabled, and not cdma only.