Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Amen! This is plain silly. I had lightning WiMax speeds with my old Galaxy 2 and upgraded to the Galaxy 4 and connect at 3G with speeds less than an old 14.4 dial up modem.

I am so pissed off with Sprint! They should have enabled these phones to pull in both WiMax and LTE until the switchover was complete. All they have done is make a lot of customers angry by selling them phones that are useless. 

Not one time during the new phone purchase did they tell me that I would lose my current 4G speed. All they cared about was selling me a new phone and a new 2 year contract.

Not all store employees are the best, but a little research would have shown that the phone had no WiMax support. I knew that full well when I upgraded to the EVO LTE before there had been any LTE launches whatsoever. Even then it was a bit of a shock, but I was lucky to be in the KC market. 

Integrating WiMax and LTE both into one phone would cause some issues, not only with battery life, but also Sprints plans to possibly sunset the WiMax network in 2015. 

You should have returned it within your time period and waited until the LTE roll out was further along to meet your needs.

True. But once again, when I called to complain, they didn't mention this as an option. Had I known I would have done so. 

True. But once again, when I called to complain, they didn't mention this as an option. Had I known I would have done so.

Maybe read the contract or kiosk screen you are signing before you sign it. If I remember right it states you can return it. In most states you can cancel business contracts within 3 business days as well.

You won't have too much longer to wait. And it will be so much better than WiMax, once complete.

I still have the Evo 4G but this Note 2 kicks it butt I can't bring myself to switch back while I wait. It's like a lot of things to be truly happy with something u need 3 things and can pick any 2.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Maybe read the contract or kiosk screen you are signing before you sign it. If I remember right it states you can return it. In most states you can cancel business contracts within 3 business days as well.

I love being schooled. Have you seriously ever read one of those contract from cover to cover? Myself, I don't have the 2 hours it would take much less comprehend what it actually says.

A good customer service rep should have explained the situation to me. But they didn't care about the customer as much as they did the sale. Typical of today's companies and their total lack of respect for their customers. Bottom line is money for them.

You won't have too much longer to wait. And it will be so much better than WiMax, once complete.

I am going to take your word on that. I am just pissy because I was under the impression LTE was lit up throughout the metro area. They can turn it on for 170 and the Rock Road any day now. 

I love being schooled. Have you seriously ever read one of those contract from cover to cover? Myself, I don't have the 2 hours it would take much less comprehend what it actually says.

A good customer service rep should have explained the situation to me. But they didn't care about the customer as much as they did the sale. Typical of today's companies and their total lack of respect for their customers. Bottom line is money for them.

I am going to take your word on that. I am just pissy because I was under the impression LTE was lit up throughout the metro area. They can turn it on for 170 and the Rock Road any day now. 

It's unfortunate you didn't find this site sooner. We coulda let you know! Ah well...

As for the customer reps, a lot of them probably don't even know what they're selling you, just told to sell sell sell. So yes, it is unfortunate, but I do think Sprint cares more than some companies.

You're welcome.  I don't read one either but it isn't really that long from what I remember.  I scanned it last time and say the return window stuff.  I guess it stood out since it was numbers. 

Anyways..I guess I figured someone would have promptly brought the phone back stating there was an issue since there was not 4G.  Once the rep explained there was no 4G here (not launched and on maps yet) then it would be a returned phone since they couldn't fix it.  Kinda like how a buddy of mine bought a TMobile prepay deal and even went by the maps there showing they had coverage in this area.  Later to find out he had no coverage miles from where they say it ended.  The phone was promptly brought back.  I don't understand the issue of not returning something that doesn't work as expected.

So I was browsing around other threads for a change and came across this post...

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4083-clearwire-lte/page-2&do=findComment&comment=159879

I'm still reading up on it more but does anyone know how this will impact us in the STL area?

It means Clear will have 2500 LTE ready some time this summer. Unless you have a TriBand device, it won't affect you.

It means Clear will have 2500 LTE ready some time this summer. Unless you have a TriBand device, it won't affect you.

No TriBand phones yet, I think there may be a TriBand hotspot not sure. But you knew that.

No TriBand phones yet, I think there may be a TriBand hotspot not sure. But you knew that.

Yeah..... TriBand hot spots go on sale Friday. 

What is the benefit of LTE over the 2500mhz band? I know its not building penetration or range. Is it increased speeds? 

Wider pipes available... theoretical speeds up to 100Mbps. Definitely not for in-building use. But it will help to alleviate stress on the 1900 and 800 networks. 

I drove by the site in Maplewood today (Manchester & Big Bend) to check on the progress. Did a fair amount of trespassing, because, well, that's how you gotta roll.

The site is a rooftop that is shared with AT&T. Here's the front of the building:

Iqu0liG.jpg

And here's the back:

gNzAQa4.jpg

(Could you even imagine living/working on that top floor? Jesus.)

Here's an angled view of the side:

uvmtKFt.jpg

And here's a view of the rooftop with a construction marker in the line of sight:

A7DIlr0.jpg

Finally, here's a few pictures of the Non-AT&T cabinets. AT&T was clear to label theirs with the deathstar logo and "TRESPASSERS WILL BE PROSECUTED" stickers:

h6IkJtp.jpg

bLEp5Ae.jpg

So, does this look like NV work? Or is that barren pole in the above shot likely where they'll place an RRU? Do those cabinets look remotely NV-like? There were another tier of cabinet that I would have needed to call Batman to shoot photos of -- up a ladder, on a platform, above cars/climbing/fence level. Above my pay grade. :)

I drove by the site in Maplewood today (Manchester & Big Bend) to check on the progress. Did a fair amount of trespassing, because, well, that's how you gotta roll.

The site is a rooftop that is shared with AT&T. Here's the front of the building:

And here's the back:

(Could you even imagine living/working on that top floor? Jesus.)

Here's an angled view of the side:

And here's a view of the rooftop with a construction marker in the line of sight:

Finally, here's a few pictures of the Non-AT&T cabinets. AT&T was clear to label theirs with the deathstar logo and "TRESPASSERS WILL BE PROSECUTED" stickers:

So, does this look like NV work? Or is that barren pole in the above shot likely where they'll place an RRU? Do those cabinets look remotely NV-like? There were another tier of cabinet that I would have needed to call Batman to shoot photos of -- up a ladder, on a platform, above cars/climbing/fence level. Above my pay grade. :)

I don't see anything NV.

I don't see anything NV.

IIRC, this permit is relatively new. There's an autobody next door that shares a parking lot. I may put on my cool guy act and stroll in and ask if they've seen any contractors working on the roof.

What is the benefit of LTE over the 2500mhz band? I know its not building penetration or range. Is it increased speeds? 

Mostly its the wide bandwidth available. That gives them the option for very fast connections if they choose to do so. They could hit 168 Mbps I hear. They also can make tiny little micro cell sites that fit on even a stop light pole and maybe only cover block or two either direction. A full size 2500 mhz antenna is 1/3 the size of one for 800 mhz. Perfect to fill in a whole in the network or to put up where data usage is high. Like maybe outside or inside the ballpark or football stadium.

• Like 1

IIRC, this permit is relatively new. There's an autobody next door that shares a parking lot. I may put on my cool guy act and stroll in and ask if they've seen any contractors working on the roof.

I was going to warn you not to wear a hoodie but that would be in poor taste so never mind.

Mostly its the wide bandwidth available. That gives them the option for very fast connections if they choose to do so. They could hit 168 Mbps I hear. They also can make tiny little micro cell sites that fit on even a stop light pole and maybe only cover block or two either direction. A full size 2500 mhz antenna is 1/3 the size of one for 800 mhz. Perfect to fill in a whole in the network or to put up where data usage is high. Like maybe outside or inside the ballpark or football stadium.

Or Scottrade.....

Or Scottrade.....

Really, anywhere with a dense population of users.

LTE Ballpark jealousy in the summer/fall with everyone on their phones, LTE Rink jealousy in the fall/winter/spring with everyone on their phones...

I remember having a helluva time getting a signal at Mardi Gras in Soulard. But I guess that's to be expected with 100k+ drunk people sending photos of the events that unfold everywhere. LOL