Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

At some point is this whole map suppose to be purple?  http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint#q=st louis

Take a look at KC, Chicago, and DFW. That is about what you can expect. After that the will start rolling out LTE over the 800mhz band(which will require new phones/devices which will be more far reaching and will allow for greater building penetration. 

I figured it would be more or less the same as 2G coverage because while LTE requires a bit stronger signal should be about offset by the signal improvements from the new equipment. I think I read somewhere the RRUs  and antenna panels could improve signal coverage about 20%. You loose a lot of signal in long cable runs at 1900 mhz, even with good cable.

Took a drive thru the country out highway 94...made a right on 47 and headed towards warrenton and had no service at the first part, then LTE came on for a block then off at CC and then at the Warrenton Country Club is came back on strong again...then off and back when i hit 70 heading back towards wentzville. Don't know if those have been posted before. Also drove around chesterfield checking out the towers and absolutely no sign of LTE at any of the towers.

I figured it would be more or less the same as 2G coverage because while LTE requires a bit stronger signal should be about offset by the signal improvements from the new equipment. I think I read somewhere the RRUs  and antenna panels could improve signal coverage about 20%. You loose a lot of signal in long cable runs at 1900 mhz, even with good cable.

I don't really know. I am not a genius when it comes to technical stuff. All I know is some of these LTE sites are capable of reaching 10 miles plus. I even pulled 9mbps down, 11 miles from the riverview site. 

At some point is this whole map suppose to be purple?  http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint#q=st louis

Yes, it will. LTE coverage will very nearly mirror current EVDO coverage. Once 800 LTE is online, it should expand on current EVDO coverage, increasing in-building coverage and range by a good margin. 

Don't hold your breath. They've got too many irons in the fire right now.

Not sure why you're pessimistic, the NV project is alrady paid for, it will be completed, most likely early now with SoftBank in the mix.

There is no "2G" coverage. With the end of iDen, Sprint no longer has any 2G networks. The areas that are marked "2G" on Sensorly, are actually 1xRTT, which is a 3G technology. Most likely, the areas that are marked "2G" are actually roaming.

The new antennas and RRUs do boost signal power slightly, but it's really only enough to allow for LTE to barely mirror the current EVDO footprint (what most people think of when you say 3G).

Not sure why you're pessimistic, the NV project is alrady paid for, it will be completed, most likely early now with SoftBank in the mix.

Exactly. SoftBank is giving Sprint a pretty decent cash infusion to get competitive with VZW/AT&T.

And, as we all know, Money Talks.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw STL lit up as complete by the end of 2014 2013.

Exactly. SoftBank is giving Sprint a pretty decent cash infusion to get competitive with VZW/AT&T.

And, as we all know, Money Talks.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw STL lit up as complete by the end of 2014.

I really hope we don't have to wait 1.5 years

I really hope we don't have to wait 1.5 years

D'oh! Guess who hasn't had his coffee this morning? Nice catch. 2013. I'd be all over VZW or AT&T if it took that long to light up STL.  :lol:

(Stupid teething baby)

• Like 1

Amazingly I've gotten the first signal indications of LTE in Rogersville today. I'll take a look at the two towers that cover the town and report back.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

Amazingly I've gotten the first signal indications of LTE in Rogersville today. I'll take a look at the two towers that cover the town and report back.

Please get to your LTE Engineering and I can tell you exactly which site it was.

Lilg740 care take a guess when Cottleville 2 will go live? 4G I mean.Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yeesh, so needy! :P

Lilg740 care take a guess when Cottleville 2 will go live? 4G I mean.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I honestly don't know. The Bethalto, IL and Rosewood Heights, IL sites have been installed for almost a month now and nothing. Alton, IL 2 weeks. Not even 3G accept. I don't know what to think anymore. Its like Illinois(south of Chicago) is the red headed step child. There have been a lot of installed sites waiting for acceptance. I have no idea. 

If anyone is going to pass through Downtown St. Louis, via 64 or 70 can you please try to connect to the new site down there. If sensorly is right you should be able to connect on 70 between Mickinely and MLK bridges.

Ok. I know you're keeping track of all of them, I only notice ones near me. I loose lte a few blocks from work. It's aggravating. I miss WiMax.

• Like 1

Please get to your LTE Engineering and I can tell you exactly which site it was.

No can do since I've been told that is ONLY available in Sense ROMs. I'm running CM 10.1

I did visually verify workers on the tower just west of Rogers ville near MO 125. I looked at the tower to the east of town and was surprised to see nothing new. That tower has been skipped it appears.

No can do since I've been told that is ONLY available in Sense ROMs. I'm running CM 10.1

I did visually verify workers on the tower just west of Rogers ville near MO 125. I looked at the tower to the east of town and was surprised to see nothing new. That tower has been skipped it appears.

I think Signalcheck will display SCID's. I know there are some other apps out there that should display the SCID.

I can get SID, NID and BID from Signal Check. No SCID though

It's the Fordland site. I was out there on Friday doing some mapping and seeing how far the signal went.

2013-07-12%2020.24.56.png

I think Signalcheck will display SCID's. I know there are some other apps out there that should display the SCID.

I can get SID, NID and BID from Signal Check. No SCID though

On rooted phones, even SignalCheck can't get SCIDs.

It's the Fordland site. I was out there on Friday doing some mapping and seeing how far the signal went.

On rooted phones, even SignalCheck can't get SCIDs.

Thanks for that SCID!

Ok. I know you're keeping track of all of them, I only notice ones near me. I loose lte a few blocks from work. It's aggravating. I miss WiMax.

Amen! This is plain silly. I had lightning WiMax speeds with my old Galaxy 2 and upgraded to the Galaxy 4 and connect at 3G with speeds less than an old 14.4 dial up modem.

I am so pissed off with Sprint! They should have enabled these phones to pull in both WiMax and LTE until the switchover was complete. All they have done is make a lot of customers angry by selling them phones that are useless. 

Not one time during the new phone purchase did they tell me that I would lose my current 4G speed. All they cared about was selling me a new phone and a new 2 year contract.

Amen! This is plain silly. I had lightning WiMax speeds with my old Galaxy 2 and upgraded to the Galaxy 4 and connect at 3G with speeds less than an old 14.4 dial up modem.

I am so pissed off with Sprint! They should have enabled these phones to pull in both WiMax and LTE until the switchover was complete. All they have done is make a lot of customers angry by selling them phones that are useless. 

Not one time during the new phone purchase did they tell me that I would lose my current 4G speed. All they cared about was selling me a new phone and a new 2 year contract.

You should have returned it within your time period and waited until the LTE roll out was further along to meet your needs.

• Like 2