Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

I forget. What does it imply if a site only gets 3 RRUs per sector instead of 4? The one near work just has 3.

Just a lower capacity site. The additional RRU is for more PCS CDMA carriers.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Was hopping it didn't mean no 800 Mhz. Are the 4 RRU sites going live with LTE outside of G block?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Was hopping it didn't mean no 800 Mhz. Are the 4 RRU sites going live with LTE outside of G block?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

No. As I said, the fourth RRU is solely for additional PCS CDMA carriers. It has nothing to do with LTE or 800.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Rats...

At some point down the line, if deemed necessary, and Sprint is able to clear some of the other PCS slots, they may add additional LTE carriers, but that won't be happening until NV 1.0 and NV 2.0 are largely compete.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Please edit you post removing site ID's and using street intersections instead. Site ID's are for the sponsor sections only.

I'll just remove my offending post and leave it to the pros.

Fubie

I'll just remove my offending post and leave it to the pros.

Fubie

Don't sweat it...I've posted site ID's here before and just edited them out of my post later when people reminded me to use the nearest intersections instead. :)

Maps are updated with Last weeks updates and the 2 in progress reports.

92/769 3G Complete-12%

60/769 4G(and 3G/4G) Complete-7.8%

84/769 In Progress-11%

MO Market NV Complete- 19.8%

Map and sheet are current as of 7/6/2013

A little background. I just traded in my Galaxy 2 for the Galaxy 4. I tether my phone and with the Galaxy 2 and I enjoyed GREAT 4G speeds. 

Sadly I did not do my homework, I didn't realize there was a difference in 4G and LTE. I just thought my new Galaxy 4 would pick the best 4G and run with it. Now I am stuck with a phone that is pretty much useless to me because it is slower than slow... Think 14.4 dial up slow!

I do understand they are rolling out LTE in the STL market. so I have a specific question that probably doesn't have an answer.

I work in the St. Charles Rock Road and I-170 area. Is there work going on in this area that would give me hope that LTE will be here soon?

If not, I am stuck with a great phone that is useless.

Edited by Killswitch

soon is relative. in most cases, all sprint towers will be upgraded with lte.

for lte coverage now, check the sensorly map;

http://www.sensorly.com/fullscreen/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint

Thanks. I've done that check earlier. I was looking for info to see if anyone has seen actual work being done in that area.

Thanks. I've done that check earlier. I was looking for info to see if anyone has seen actual work being done in that area.

There are a couple of towers that have had permits applied for or have seen some work going on near that area.

It's really hard to say exactly when any specific area will see upgrades. All we know is that Sprint will be upgrading every single tower in the market, and crews will continue to work until all towers are complete. It may take some time, but the network is getting completely overhauled.

• Like 1

There are a couple of towers that have had permits applied for or have seen some work going on near that area.

It's really hard to say exactly when any specific area will see upgrades. All we know is that Sprint will be upgrading every single tower in the market, and crews will continue to work until all towers are complete. It may take some time, but the network is getting completely overhauled.

Thanks. I fully understand there are no hard dates.

I blame myself for this by not doing my homework. I have no choice I guess but to switch over to Verizon now.

heh, well the st louis is right at the beginning stages of lte roll out, if you can't wait the few months out, then do what you gotta do.

you could also switch back to your s2.

if you actually traded it in, you can check craigs list there are usually tons of wimax phones, then you can go back to wimax until lte is available where you need it.