Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

McDonnell's Market Place

Mapped interstate

vurumyma.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

How's that G2 treatin ya?  My dad just switched back to our sprint account and got the G2 today (his work phone was through AT&T but they are cancelling that plan).  I played with the G2 for about 20 mins and was pretty impressed.  My One doesn't seem so special anymore, lol

How's that G2 treatin ya?  My dad just switched back to our sprint account and got the G2 today (his work phone was through AT&T but they are cancelling that plan).  I played with the G2 for about 20 mins and was pretty impressed.  My One doesn't seem so special anymore, lol

I honestly have no complaints with the phone. The battery life is amazing. If your dad isn't going to be a heavy user of the phone he should get a full day of usage without charging.

• Like 1

I feel like LTE speed has been steadily degrading. I guess it's not entirely surprising as more LTE phones are activated.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

in some areas I agree others are speeding up. I hit 23 meg out near research park.

I feel like LTE speed has been steadily degrading. I guess it's not entirely surprising as more LTE phones are activated.

Where exactly were you when this was taken? It may be worth opening a trouble ticket if it's in an area that should have good coverage.

I will also need to see your engineering screen, or a signal check pro screen shot.

• Like 1

How many sites are remaining in the STL Market? I would think that 1900 would get wrapped up by Spring, making room for the 800 rollout, right?

• Like 1

How many sites are remaining in the STL Market? I would think that 1900 would get wrapped up by Spring, making room for the 800 rollout, right?

1900 LTE and 800 LTE updates will likely run side by side for several months. There's still more than 100 sites that are completely Legacy (as far as we know) in the Missouri market. It will likely take the better part of 6 months to get those 100 sites completed, as they are likely the hardest sites to get to. Either permitting is difficult, or the engineering is difficult, or some combination thereof. 

Man that LTE site on Campus near Zumbehl/70 is so bad I give up even using Tapatalk there.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Are you saying that you're having difficulty with the LTE on it? I always pulled fairly good speeds from it on my One, although I am convinced something is weird with its downtilt or panel mounting as its coverage does not reach very far. You can see the side profile of the panels and they are aimed pretty low.

I switched to my new Nexus 5 on Tuesday of this week, though, and it will not connect to LTE on that site. And just like when this site was running legacy, EVDO is completely unusable on the two sectors facing the highway.

Are you saying that you're having difficulty with the LTE on it? I always pulled fairly good speeds from it on my One, although I am convinced something is weird with its downtilt or panel mounting as its coverage does not reach very far. You can see the side profile of the panels and they are aimed pretty low.

I switched to my new Nexus 5 on Tuesday of this week, though, and it will not connect to LTE on that site. And just like when this site was running legacy, EVDO is completely unusable on the two sectors facing the highway.

I get .1 Mbps  some times even .01 Mbps on LTE when near there. Been that way for a couple weeks or more. I am still on my Note 2 and its by far the slowest I have seen when on LTE. When its the worst Tapatalk has problems connecting while I sit there munching on goodies from one of the fast food joints.

I get .1 Mbps  some times even .01 Mbps on LTE when near there. Been that way for a couple weeks or more. I am still on my Note 2 and its by far the slowest I have seen when on LTE. When its the worst Tapatalk has problems connecting while I sit there munching on goodies from one of the fast food joints.

Which site is this? It's possible that it's already experiencing capacity issues.

Which site is this? It's possible that it's already experiencing capacity issues.

W Clay & Campus St. Charles, MO Edited by Dkoellerwx
site ID