Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Wow. I don't think I've seen anyone complain about that phone....

Just today at work  Jo Ann was saying her S4 sucks now that it got a "LTE" update. Not sure if its related. 

Her's just crawls now. It was slow before but nothing like this and the signal is fairly strong too. Its the Motherhead site too.

Looks like they did some eCSFB pushes yesterday with our announcement. I'm able to connect to 3 of the sites that had been launched recently. I wish they would either turn Westport Plaza off until it is officially launched with eCSFB. I get kicked to 3G every morning going past Page. 

Just give it to me....

Wow. I don't think I've seen anyone complain about that phone....

Just today at work  Jo Ann was saying her S4 sucks now that it got a "LTE" update. Not sure if its related. 

Her's just crawls now. It was slow before but nothing like this and the signal is fairly strong too. Its the Motherhead site too.

I am starting to think most of my problems are with the phone and not the network. I've hated this phone from the day I got it.

I am starting to think most of my problems are with the phone and not the network. I've hated this phone from the day I got it.

Nexus 5 is always a option if you sell that thing out right

ATS was at the tower at I-170 and Airport Rd. No trailer just a pickup truck and a guy walking away from the fence. There was website says they deal with installation and repairs and other stuff.

http://accessats.com

http://accessats.com/services/site-installation-integration/

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

ATS was at the tower at I-170 and Airport Rd. No trailer just a pickup truck and a guy walking away from the fence. There was website says they deal with installation and repairs and other stuff. http://accessats.com http://accessats.com/services/site-installation-integration/ Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

The Titlemax Sign?

The Titlemax Sign?

Yup. I check that site everyday on the way home. This is the first time I've seen anything at this site.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

So what is tri-band?

800MHz LTE (SMR-LTE)

1900MHz LTE (PCS-LTE)

25/2600MHz LTE (TD-LTE)

This is pretty basic stuff, Sprint has been touting their Tri-Band network for a while now. Also call Sprint Spark.

PCS-LTE, well you already know what that is, You've been using it (or not using it) for quite some time. It's still being built out, there are gaps in coverage, though once every site is completed it should roughly mirror current EVDO coverage. Speeds max out at 37.5Mbps.

SMR-LTE will have propagation characteristics closer to the LTE that Verizon uses. It will spread farther, and penetrate buildings more. This will be used as a fall back for PCS-LTE. Speeds max out at 37.5Mbps.

TD-LTE. This is the good stuff. TD-LTE is the re-branding of the old WiMax spectrum, and is currently being deployed in St. Louis. We already have more than 40 sites confirmed live with TD-LTE. It's coverage will actually be a little bit better than WiMax simply because of the characteristics of LTE vs WiMax, but it will be using the same tower sites, so coverage will be roughly similar. Speeds should average on the order of 30-50Mbps, and with appropriate backhaul, should approach 70Mbps. As Sprint adds more TD-LTE carriers, and applies LTE-Advanced to these sites, the aggregated spectrum should allow for speeds of 100-150Mbps (if backhaul allows.)

• Like 2

800MHz LTE (SMR-LTE)

1900MHz LTE (PCS-LTE)

25/2600MHz LTE (TD-LTE)

This is pretty basic stuff, Sprint has been touting their Tri-Band network for a while now. Also call Sprint Spark.

PCS-LTE, well you already know what that is, You've been using it (or not using it) for quite some time. It's still being built out, there are gaps in coverage, though once every site is completed it should roughly mirror current EVDO coverage. Speeds max out at 37.5Mbps.

SMR-LTE will have propagation characteristics closer to the LTE that Verizon uses. It will spread farther, and penetrate buildings more. This will be used as a fall back for PCS-LTE. Speeds max out at 37.5Mbps.

TD-LTE. This is the good stuff. TD-LTE is the re-branding of the old WiMax spectrum, and is currently being deployed in St. Louis. We already have more than 40 sites confirmed live with TD-LTE. It's coverage will actually be a little bit better than WiMax simply because of the characteristics of LTE vs WiMax, but it will be using the same tower sites, so coverage will be roughly similar. Speeds should average on the order of 30-50Mbps, and with appropriate backhaul, should approach 70Mbps. As Sprint adds more TD-LTE carriers, and applies LTE-Advanced to these sites, the aggregated spectrum should allow for speeds of 100-150Mbps (if backhaul allows.)

Thanks!

Has anybody called in to report any bad towers yet? I'm just curious.

I plan to today.

The site in Wood River, IL that was accepted 2 weeks ago is now off. Can't even get it with LTE Only. Then there is the Pontoon Beach, IL site with no eCSFB still.