Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

What he said is correct, in that stock does not indicate any difference between and EVDO data connection and a 1x data connection, labeling them both 3G, and does show a different icon for 4G. 

What the bars mean is a different story.

• Like 1

Whoopsies.  I read your post to quickly and thought you were just asking about the connection icon, not the signal strength.

Drove by the site at I-55/70 and US40 this morning.  Confirmed that it is now NOT in donut mode after being accepted over the weekend.

Also drove by the I-55/I-70/I-270 site (2347 Tramore).  NV antennas and RRUs are up.  No visible cabinets, but there is a shelter on the site so they're probably in there.  There was no work at the site when I drove by just last week.

Looks like they left some "equipment" behind:

Can you see if this site is live? I picked up its HEX on my way home tonight at 270 and 255. It could also have been Girl Scout and Meridian.

Edit: That actually makes more sense.

OK, I think we have progress now. Here are some pics from 94/Mozarkite. Guy was on the tower and I'm 99% sure this is the new NV equipment going up. I'm also not getting any signal from there at the moment, im pulling it from another site farther away.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk 4

uploadfromtaptalk1378770184010.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378770207268.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378770224954.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378770243350.jpg

OK, I think we have progress now. Here are some pics from 94/Mozarkite. Guy was on the tower and I'm 99% sure this is the new NV equipment going up. I'm also not getting any signal from there at the moment, im pulling it from another site farther away.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk 4

It's difficult to say for sure, but it does look like Sprint NV going up there on the top of the tower.

I marking 4 of the Springfield sites as issue sites. I went back today to map around the 60/Sunshine site, nothing. Nothing in Nixa, nothing in Republic. Obviously someone has found a way to get around the donut issue, because they are mapping, but the sites do not work for me.

I marking 4 of the Springfield sites as issue sites. I went back today to map around the 60/Sunshine site, nothing. Nothing in Nixa, nothing in Republic. Obviously someone has found a way to get around the donut issue, because they are mapping, but the sites do not work for me.

No bueno.....

Hi guys

Been out of town the last couple of days so this may not be new...

I work downtown Alton off of the Berm inside of a large callcenter.  Never had 4g inside of the building (not to mention to strong of a 3g signal)... Anyway tonight at work I am getting 4g... Here are some of the #'s that I am getting (sorry not able to post screenshot while here at work.

LTE Enginerring

PmmMode Idle

Mcc-Mnc 310-120

Serving Cell 92 Band 25

UL Chn 26665 DL Chn 8665

RSRP -110 RSRQ -9 Snr 7.2

TX Pwr 512 Dbm

Not sure where this signal is coming from.  I am real close to the Clark Bridge.  Had faint signals before while on the road (270 and 367) but never a signal like this. 

Hi guys

Been out of town the last couple of days so this may not be new...

I work downtown Alton off of the Berm inside of a large callcenter.  Never had 4g inside of the building (not to mention to strong of a 3g signal)... Anyway tonight at work I am getting 4g... Here are some of the #'s that I am getting (sorry not able to post screenshot while here at work.

LTE Enginerring

PmmMode Idle

Mcc-Mnc 310-120

Serving Cell 92 Band 25

UL Chn 26665 DL Chn 8665

RSRP -110 RSRQ -9 Snr 7.2

TX Pwr 512 Dbm

Not sure where this signal is coming from.  I am real close to the Clark Bridge.  Had faint signals before while on the road (270 and 367) but never a signal like this. 

Its the site near Cheapies Tire on Broadway....you work for American Water?

Its the site near Cheapies Tire on Broadway....you work for American Water?

Yeah..  Cheapies has been up for a while.. Tonight was the first night that I got a signal inside of the call center.  

When I first posted I thought maybe the Simmons Law firm site was up and running.   But on the way home coming up 67 I couldn't get anything but 3g until almost Homer Adams.   

First one is Wright city, actually held the signal well this time, second is Warrenton/ Truesdale which wouldn't stay connected well even with great signal db-the signal got better after the screenshot

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

post-14659-13788143656334_thumb.jpg

post-14659-13788143928279_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Is there any way to find out what tower I'm connected to on an AOSP Galaxy S3?  Or a stock/TouchWiz GS3, for that matter?

on stock GS3 in the dialer app dial ##33284# and enter SPRINT for the code and then go to LTE Engineering

I dont remember what it is on AOSP

Is there any way to find out what tower I'm connected to on an AOSP Galaxy S3?  Or a stock/TouchWiz GS3, for that matter?

You can tell me where you were when you connected and what your signal strength was and we can take a educated guess.

It kinda sucks that the new iPhone won't be triband....

I'm bummed, but not surprised. Apple has to wait for the network to mature a little more, or else they'd end up repeating the AT&T 3G fiasco. Still, from a 2-year contractual obligation perspective, this sucks.

(That said, I'm jumping to the iPhone 6 if it supports tri-band. I'll justify any costs as a legitimate business expense as an app designer. :) )

So, I actually have a noob-ish question about how things are being Mapped to Sensorly... that's all 1.9Ghz being mapped, right? No devices can map 2.5/2.6Ghz or 800Mhz.... If so, not having Band 41 LTE isn't going to be a killer in the next calendar year. I would love to hasten the 800 rollout, though. :)

I agree. ;-) The second is a glass coaster a co-worker etched for me years ago.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

I'm bummed, but not surprised. Apple has to wait for the network to mature a little more, or else they'd end up repeating the AT&T 3G fiasco. Still, from a 2-year contractual obligation perspective, this sucks.

(That said, I'm jumping to the iPhone 6 if it supports tri-band. I'll justify any costs as a legitimate business expense as an app designer. :) )

So, I actually have a noob-ish question about how things are being Mapped to Sensorly... that's all 1.9Ghz being mapped, right? No devices can map 2.5/2.6Ghz or 800Mhz.... If so, not having Band 41 LTE isn't going to be a killer in the next calendar year. I would love to hasten the 800 rollout, though. :)

Me too. There are maps of the first markets to get 800LTE in the Premier Sponsor area. Yes everything on there today is 1900...We do not know how sensorly will act in terms of 800 or 2500/2600 yet when devices become available to map with.