Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Never understood that. You are going to have that phone for 2 years. Get the best to make it last. People skimp out on a few bucks with all the money they have to pay over the two years of the contract. Makes no sense. Get a throw away phone with a prepaid for a few months to save up or other methods to save up.

We would still need to pay for her plan. Now we could port the number out to straight talk or something and wait a month and port it back as a new line....but that would be kind of silly. Regardless, the Evo LTE is better than her Rumor. She doesn't care much about LTE anyway...she cares more about 800. If GNex was still available honestly i would recommend that to her....shes not going to map sensorly....I'd also like to have a phone that I could use for HEX as well ....and screw Apple....

Not everyone is rich, my mom is a lunch lady and is a victim of the recession....had a good job at Ford...plant closed....had a decent job at a manufacturing plant and got rif'd...now she works for nearly minimum wage....and only during the school year.

It was a big piece of crap. I used it in Houston, New Orleans, and other nicely built markets. Even the Epic smoked it and that's sad.

Are you talking LTE or network in general?

Houston still has quite a bit of work to be done, looking at the maps even today.

I know I've said this before, but in KC, I did not have problems with LTE once the majority of sites were upgraded, and I never lost network or roamed until I was completely out of the city where there was no coverage. 

If the EVO LTE is what they get, I think it will work fine once the network is done. Yeah, it might be problematic until then, but the regular public, it's not as big of a deal as it is for us.

• Like 1

We would still need to pay for her plan. Now we could port the number out to straight talk or something and wait a month and port it back as a new line....but that would be kind of silly. Regardless, the Evo LTE is better than her Rumor. She doesn't care much about LTE anyway...she cares more about 800. If GNex was still available honestly i would recommend that to her....shes not going to map sensorly....

Now you see my point at least. Maybe sign up for one of those 89% APR Indian reservation loans to finance the phone and plan ;)

No Victory available?

Are you talking LTE or network in general?

Houston still has quite a bit of work to be done, looking at the maps even today.

I know I've said this before, but in KC, I did not have problems with LTE once the majority of sites were upgraded, and I never lost network or roamed until I was completely out of the city where there was no coverage.

If the EVO LTE is what they get, I think it will work fine once the network is done. Yeah, it might be problematic until then, but the regular public, it's not as big of a deal as it is for us.

Obviously not talking LTE when I compared to the Epic. LTE is a whole other ball of wax that is really laughable. I do understand the urge to stand by a purchase of a device you have or had and not admit failure. But I have no problem admitting it, I was an idiot for buying that device on launch day and not waiting for the S3 or Note2. I feel bad for my one line getting the hand me down phone but she went from a flip phone to that phone.

I am out... The seed is planted some grow some die.

We would still need to pay for her plan. Now we could port the number out to straight talk or something and wait a month and port it back as a new line....but that would be kind of silly. Regardless, the Evo LTE is better than her Rumor. She doesn't care much about LTE anyway...she cares more about 800. If GNex was still available honestly i would recommend that to her....shes not going to map sensorly....I'd also like to have a phone that I could use for HEX as well ....and screw Apple....

Not everyone is rich, my mom is a lunch lady and is a victim of the recession....had a good job at Ford...plant closed....had a decent job at a manufacturing plant and got rif'd...now she works for nearly minimum wage....and only during the school year.

Oh wow.. Recommend the Gnex? Many members might recommend pulling your man card there.

I see the hidden truth now.. The obsession of the Hex continues for some odd reason.

Oh wow.. Recommend the Gnex? Many members might recommend pulling your man card there.

I see the hidden truth now.. The obsession of the Hex continues for some odd reason.

Honestly, besides the sensorly reporting....whats the problem with the GNex, I haven't had one problem with it....

Obviously not talking LTE when I compared to the Epic. LTE is a whole other ball of wax that is really laughable. I do understand the urge to stand by a purchase of a device you have or had and not admit failure. But I have no problem admitting it, I was an idiot for buying that device on launch day and not waiting for the S3 or Note2. I feel bad for my one line getting the hand me down phone but she went from a flip phone to that phone.

I am out... The seed is planted some grow some die.

I will admit that during the time I used it, looking at the engineering screen, or signal levels was not something that I was in to. Nor did I have any other devices readily available to compare to. But, it did not give me issues (as far as I could tell.)

Does it have a weaker radio? Yeah, I think we've proven that point. Is it a good phone for everyone? No.

For someone who isn't worried about LTE, in a city, I think it will be fine. 

Just picked up LTE at Olive/Chesterfield Pwky it disappears a block later in each direction and just kicked on tonight...data is non-existent on it but at least it shows that LTE is being done in Chesterfield....now i need the tower 2 blocks further to kick on cause all im showing is 3G.

Just picked up LTE at Olive/Chesterfield Pwky it disappears a block later in each direction and just kicked on tonight...data is non-existent on it but at least it shows that LTE is being done in Chesterfield....now i need the tower 2 blocks further to kick on cause all im showing is 3G.

Wouldn't surprise me if that was from the Des Peres site.  Next time, pull the cell ID and we can tell ya which one you were connected to.

its not des peres site, I live right on chesterfield pkwy and never had it happen before...drove to next stoplight turned into my neighborhood and went 1x then 3G on another tower...ill see if i can pull up cell id tomorrow how do you on iPhone 5?

its not des peres site, I live right on chesterfield pkwy and never had it happen before...drove to next stoplight turned into my neighborhood and went 1x then 3G on another tower...ill see if i can pull up cell id tomorrow how do you on iPhone 5?

Haha the plight of the lte signal. Just had deja vu.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Open the dialer and dial *3001#12345#*

Select LTE and/or Serving Cell Info

Physical Cell ID and Cell Identity are both values pertaining to the site ID. Post both.

I got these screen shots and did some mapping around hwy k and 40 all the way to the bridge.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, New site verified!

I also got LTE in chesterfield today at Olive & Chesterfield Pkwy. I had to toggle airplane mode to get it as I was turning to go east on Olive. Lost the signal just before Olive & Appalachian Trail. I can go back later today to see if I can get the cell ID.

This was behind the Schnucks at Olive & Chesterfield Pkwy. I'm starting to have my doubts that such a weak signal is coming from anywhere nearby.

Looks like the same new one as a few posts back....Weldon Springs

• Like 1

Sensorly is showing LTE at 70 and Earth City Expressway. Can anyone confirm it?

That's not far I will run over in a few and grab the LTE engineering screenshot if I get LTE.

Is it the site near Earthcity Expswy and Lake Front Dr?

Yes,its here:

Site_Location.jpg

NV Panels visible up top:

NVPanels.jpg

Drove around it and got the short sector IDs

142.png

cell310.png

cell480.png