Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Anyone notice the 35 page long thread on the new plans?

;)

I read the thread but sometimes it's nice to stay within your zone. Unless of course he is from South County.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone notice the new plan options? Unlimited My Way? Doesn't save me money or anything. The only benefit for me would be unlimited minutes.

throttled streaming video, less roaming data. like Robert said not much reason to stay on sprint. Higher price, less services

throttled streaming video, less roaming data. like Robert said not much reason to stay on sprint. Higher price, less services

Except, they're not forcing you onto these new plans. So if you're already on Sprint, no problem. And if you're not, the old plans are still available. The plans are aimed at one and two line accounts coming over for unlimited. They match the unlimited minutes offered on other carriers. 

Except, they're not forcing you onto these new plans. So if you're already on Sprint, no problem. And if you're not, the old plans are still available. The plans are aimed at one and two line accounts coming over for unlimited. They match the unlimited minutes offered on other carriers.

No they are not yet mandatory but I suspect one day they will be.

Given the recent rumblings about SoftBank and pricing, I suspect they will NOT be. 

I just hope it does come down to throttling/capping data at any point. I do not like these plans as there should be at least 2 more options between 1 and Unlimited. 1GB is not enough and Unlimited is well, unlimited. I could handle 5 or 10GB per line but 1 is not enough. Right now on 3G, I don't use very much data because I don't even try most of the time. Once LTE is widely available I see my data numbers at least tripling.

I just hope it does come down to throttling/capping data at any point. I do not like these plans as there should be at least 2 more options between 1 and Unlimited. 1GB is not enough and Unlimited is well, unlimited. I could handle 5 or 10GB per line but 1 is not enough. Right now on 3G, I don't use very much data because I don't even try most of the time. Once LTE is widely available I see my data numbers at least tripling.

I mean come on that's the reason most are with sprint for the unlimited data. Do you think these plans will eventually become mandatory?

I mean come on that's the reason most are with sprint for the unlimited data. Do you think these plans will eventually become mandatory?

Well if you have two phones on your plan and you upgrade them at different times, then at any given time you are under contract. If you are under contract, can they change your plan on you? Wouldn't they have to wait until you are off contract to change your plan?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I don't know. All I know is that when I went to my sprint today and went to look at plans it does not show me the current plans. 

From what I know Sprint is going to shut down USC sites in the "coming months".

Kinda sorta but not really. USC will have to turn them off as they will not have a license to operate them anymore. They didn't buy the network only the spectrum.

Really? Been going on since last week. Last Wednesday I think.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4184-new-sprint-plansunlimited-my-way-my-all-in/

Well the thread is locked and I have a question about it. And I really dont want to sift through 30 pages right now. I was told by a chat rep that even if we added a line we could still keep our Everything Data Plan. Those plans are not showing up to me when i use Sprint.com. Did the rep not know what he was talking about or are the old plans just not available online?

Well the thread is locked and I have a question about it. And I really dont want to sift through 30 pages right now. I was told by a chat rep that even if we added a line we could still keep our Everything Data Plan. Those plans are not showing up to me when i use Sprint.com. Did the rep not know what he was talking about or are the old plans just not available online?

You should be able to call and do it. I think it's just online.

It is still very possible to do. The old plans are not gone, multiple Sprint employees have confirmed this, including my friend that works for Sprint. Some of the, shall we say, not as educated employees, may think they are gone, but they are not.

For some reason, they're not easily discoverable online, you have to call or go into the store. I'm actually adding two lines to my account here in the next week or so, and will be using the old Everything Data plans. 

• Like 1

It is still very possible to do. The old plans are not gone, multiple Sprint employees have confirmed this, including my friend that works for Sprint. Some of the, shall we say, not as educated employees, may think they are gone, but they are not.

For some reason, they're not easily discoverable online, you have to call or go into the store. I'm actually adding two lines to my account here in the next week or so, and will be using the old Everything Data plans. 

Good. That makes me feel better. We will be adding my step dad's USC line but since he is not getting a new account, he will not be elligible for the waived activation and additional credits. That kind of blows but it is what it is.

Good. That makes me feel better. We will be adding my step dad's USC line but since he is not getting a new account, he will not be elligible for the waived activation and additional credits. That kind of blows but it is what it is.

Just make sure he doesn't get a GNex, EVO LTE or.. An i... Nah.. Not going to say it ;)

Just make sure he doesn't get a GNex, EVO LTE or.. An i... Nah.. Not going to say it ;)

I recommended the Optimus G for him and the Evo LTE for my mom. Its that or one of the ZTE phones.....

I recommended the Optimus G for him and the Evo LTE for my mom. Its that or one of the ZTE phones.....

Doh! Optimus G for both, good phone there just like the S3, Note2, etc. Out of all the phones I have owned the EVO LTE had the worse time getting any type of signal. I stayed on the phone with Sprint so many times and went to the store tons of times to have it "repaired". Trust me. Don't do it.

Doh! Optimus G for both, good phone there just like the S3, Note2, etc. Out of all the phones I have owned the EVO LTE had the worse time getting any type of signal. I stayed on the phone with Sprint so many times and went to the store tons of times to have it "repaired". Trust me. Don't do it.

The thing is, those are only free for new lines. My mom has an oooold Rumor and i told her about 800 and that she would need a new phone for that. But can't afford to spend money on a phone and Evo LTE is free for upgrades at The Shack right now. 

If that's what they want, the EVO LTE isn't that bad. It's a good device, works smoothly. Connects well enough... in St. Louis. Not everyone has as bad of a network as Baton Rouge.

When I add my brother to my account next week, he is either getting the EVO LTE because it's free, or he's going to pay for the ONE. Neither of us are really fans of Touchwiz, and I've never been one to root.

If that's what they want, the EVO LTE isn't that bad. It's a good device, works smoothly. Connects well enough... in St. Louis. Not everyone has as bad of a network as Baton Rouge.

It was a big piece of crap. I used it in Houston, New Orleans, and other nicely built markets. Even the Epic smoked it and that's sad.

The thing is, those are only free for new lines. My mom has an oooold Rumor and i told her about 800 and that she would need a new phone for that. But can't afford to spend money on a phone and Evo LTE is free for upgrades at The Shack right now.

Never understood that. You are going to have that phone for 2 years. Get the best to make it last. People skimp out on a few bucks with all the money they have to pay over the two years of the contract. Makes no sense. Get a throw away phone with a prepaid for a few months to save up or other methods to save up.