Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Nothing to report down 255 to 270 to 44 to six flags...except for the site we already know about. Service was still horrid at SF. No data at times, roaming at times. That needs to be addressed asap.

I was there last year, same thing happened for me. Yet there is a tower right to the north of it, think way overloaded

I was there last year, same thing happened for me. Yet there is a tower right to the north of it, think way overloaded

I was thinking that 800 would probably help with cell reception and eventually 800 LTE would help with data. Seems like they need to deploy some kind of DAS system for peak times.

Yes, but only of the base. I didn't have my camera with us.

Posted Image

The site at hwy 55 and hwy F has cabinets and panels done. No pics...

The site at hwy 55 and hwy E now has the panels up. Here are some pics I snapped at this site.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Can you update the Google Doc?

• Like 1

Yes, but only of the base. I didn't have my camera with us.

The site at hwy 55 and hwy F has cabinets and panels done. No pics...

The site at hwy 55 and hwy E now has the panels up. Here are some pics I snapped at this site.

Can you update the Google Doc?

Awesome! Done!

Saw this in Pontoon Beach, IL. Long Lake Fire Department. Was with the family after church so I didn't stop and talk. I will try to go back there tonight.

When I went back, the guys working there said they were adding support to the tower. I asked if the work was for Sprint and he said that he didn't know. 

I got word via text of another Perryville site being complete. I am going to try to check it out this week.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get Count Hesse to bite on adding a site in Chester so I'm going to have to choose between Big Red and the Death Star.

In completely unrelated news VZW is buying the Farmington, MO market (CMA516) off USCC. I guess Sprint didn't want that one off USCC.

I got word via text of another Perryville site being complete. I am going to try to check it out this week.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get Count Hesse to bite on adding a site in Chester so I'm going to have to choose between Big Red and the Death Star.

In completely unrelated news VZW is buying the Farmington, MO market (CMA516) off USCC. I guess Sprint didn't want that one off USCC.

Both sites in Perryville are 3G accepted. The site North of Perryville off PCR 838 has the fastest 3G data I have ever witnessed.

this was a huge hole in vzw coverage

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G LTE on Tapatalk Beta 4

I don't know if it was a freak occurrence or an indication of something going on, but my 4g chime went off at 270 & olive, but by the time I got the screen turned on it was back or still on 3g.

I don't know if it was a freak occurrence or an indication of something going on, but my 4g chime went off at 270 & olive, but by the time I got the screen turned on it was back or still on 3g.

:o

I work at 270/olive.  There was nothing goin on last night when I left work at 11pm.  I'll be back at work by 1pm today so I'll definitely be checking into that.

The Des Peres site is pretty far south but I guess its possible to get a 4G signal up at Olive from it (assuming its broadcasting...we haven't seen it do that yet).  The nearest tower is right there on top of our Drury Hotel I believe...and there hasn't been work done there yet.

A mini back hoe was just pulling off a trailer at the 141/bowles site. I'm not positive it's related to the tower yet, I'll have to see where they dig today but I'm hoping it's back haul related.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I work at Olive and Lindberg and live near Manchester and Baxter.

I take Manchester to 270, and 270 to Olive.

So I pass the Des Peres location and the Olive locations mentioned.  I'll turn Sensorly on and see if I get any hits on way home from work.

I did drive by the Baxter/Clayton site this weekend and I didn't see any panels on the pole.  I'll drive by someday this week and check to see if anything has changed on the ground but last time I checked it was all AT&T equipment and nothing sprint.

I work at Olive and Lindberg and live near Manchester and Baxter.

I take Manchester to 270, and 270 to Olive.

So I pass the Des Peres location and the Olive locations mentioned. I'll turn Sensorly on and see if I get any hits on way home from work.

I drove 270 past Des Peres site up to olive with lte discovery app running. No hits

I drove 270 past Des Peres site up to olive with lte discovery app running. No hits

Wish that app worked for my phone....

What is the discovery app?  Should I be using that versus Sensorly?

It should be used in conjunction with Sensorly. What it does is cycles Airplane Mode every 30 seconds. That way it can be constantly searching for an LTE signal as our phones only do this every 30 minutes.  It is not for everyday use though as it will not allow calls/texts/data to be used.

Wish that app worked for my phone....

What is the discovery app? Should I be using that versus Sensorly?

Use both.. Actually running Sensorly all the time prevents you from finding LTE since the radio is tied up sending points instead of being idle to scan for LTE. Run the LTE discovery app in "cycle while not connected to LTE mode", map trip started on sensorly, and the lte engineering screen up looking for new serving cells and ones in test mode as the test ones only pop up for a second or two.

Use both.. Actually running Sensorly all the time prevents you from finding LTE since the radio is tied up sending points instead of being idle to scan for LTE. Run the LTE discovery app in "cycle while not connected to LTE mode", map trip started on sensorly, and the lte engineering screen up looking for new serving cells and ones in test mode as the test ones only pop up for a second or two.

Do you know if they are still working on a workaround for the API 17 thing?