Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

I'm with ya on St Chuck county needing LTE

At this point with the lack of any known progress in St. Chares Co. there must be some kind of issue holding up the permits or something.

At this point with the lack of any known progress in St. Chares Co. there must be some kind of issue holding up the permits or something.

That's what i'm thinking. Cause they are making some kind of progress in Warren Co.

That's what i'm thinking. Cause they are making some kind of progress in Warren Co.

And Madison County, and St. Louis City, and St. Louis County, and Saint Clair Co. and Jersey County, and Monroe County, and Clinton County, and Jefferson County...pretty much every county in the metro but St Chuck....

And Madison County, and St. Louis City, and St. Louis County, and Saint Clair Co. and Jersey County, and Monroe County, and Clinton County, and Jefferson County...pretty much every county in the metro but St Chuck....

What about Franklin and Lincoln(the other STL metro outskirts)?

Checked out the site near 141/Bowles again today. Those workers from the past 2 days are done. Here's what I found.

A box outside the fence with scraps from drilling:

uploadfromtaptalk1371142832976.jpg

Seemingly random metal scraps left there that have been cut:

uploadfromtaptalk1371142849697.jpg

There are several of these new giant bolts around the tower (you can even see the time/date written behind it)

uploadfromtaptalk1371142867630.jpg

As expected by my brief conversation with the guy a couple days ago, the cabinets weren't touched and nothing up in the tower was touched, just stuff right at the base.

I have no idea what they are planning to do with this thing now.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

He's just a grunt doing tower modifications required for the extra weight from the RRUs and antennas.

• Like 1

Everyone wants it asap but it can only go so fast.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Only cause ATT and Verizon are done upgrading STL

Don't think those guys are done as I have seen both companies doing work on sites recently to fill in gaps.

I was on the phone when I passed by the site.  I am going to swing back by there when I get off work tonight and I will get some pics then.

Well, AT&T was kind enough to park all their vans directly in front of the new equipment.  BLAH..  I will try again in the morning.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/cities-urge-nixon-to-veto-bill-requiring-quicker-local-decisions/article_4aa95a0c-fe5d-5797-bc81-fa0375cfe179.html

This article mentions St. Charles County opposing this new bill requiring more timely reviews by cities of cell tower applications. It may speak to their present stance on cell towers and timeliness of reviewing associated applications and/or permits.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/cities-urge-nixon-to-veto-bill-requiring-quicker-local-decisions/article_4aa95a0c-fe5d-5797-bc81-fa0375cfe179.html

This article mentions St. Charles County opposing this new bill requiring more timely reviews by cities of cell tower applications. It may speak to their present stance on cell towers and timeliness of reviewing associated applications and/or permits.

Interesting....I would love for Sprint to put a tower in my yard....

You can't even look up building permits for St Charles County online. You have to call or email them with an address and request the info. They then go pull the records and get back with you.

Very 18th century there. Maybe their typewriter ribbons  or in wells are on back order or something holding everything up

• Like 1

You can't even look up building permits for St Charles County online. You have to call or email them with an address and request the info. They then go pull the records and get back with you.

Very 18th century there. Maybe their typewriter ribbons  or in wells are on back order or something holding everything up

They forgot their ink ribbons in the item box....Jill Valentine is mad too....

Well, I've been quite a bit of a lurker, but I figure I'll chime in about St. Charles. The site nearest to my house, Muegge and Wapelhorst Park, has some brand new shiny orange fiber markers out front that were definitely not there a few weeks ago. Usually while I'm driving I attempt to focus on the road, so I can't tell you exactly when they were put up despite driving past this site at least twice a day. Today was the first day I've noticed them, however. I would look for work on the ground, but unfortunately the site seems to be in someone's yard. Also, this is a pole type site (although no flag) so I wouldn't be able to see anything as far as panels go.

I drove out to Microcenter in Brentwood the other day (partially for a new UPS for work, and partially because I wanted to test out LTE :)) and pulled a consistent average of 14mbps down and 6mbps up despite it being rush hour.

Although this tower by my house provides steady .8mbps down and up, which is much better than most sprint sites (has anyone ever been to six flags and tried to hop on the internet?), I am ready for LTE :tu:

Well, I've been quite a bit of a lurker, but I figure I'll chime in about St. Charles. The site nearest to my house, Muegge and Wapelhorst Park, has some brand new shiny orange fiber markers out front that were definitely not there a few weeks ago. Usually while I'm driving I attempt to focus on the road, so I can't tell you exactly when they were put up despite driving past this site at least twice a day. Today was the first day I've noticed them, however. I would look for work on the ground, but unfortunately the site seems to be in someone's yard. Also, this is a pole type site (although no flag) so I wouldn't be able to see anything as far as panels go.

I drove out to Microcenter in Brentwood the other day (partially for a new UPS for work, and partially because I wanted to test out LTE :)) and pulled a consistent average of 14mbps down and 6mbps up despite it being rush hour.

Although this tower by my house provides steady .8mbps down and up, which is much better than most sprint sites (has anyone ever been to six flags and tried to hop on the internet?), I am ready for LTE :tu:

I'll take a look at that site on my way home and run up and snag some pics of the fenced in area.

On another note, I'm glad lilg740 figured on the eHRPD thing on the GNex. Had 4G passing the airport and the Brentwood/40 areas this morning. Before i couldn't pick it up at either place.

Edited by steveo314

Wow....It must be early...I need to wake up... I though that said 8mbp....didn't see the period.