Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

If you want the cell Id's or physical cell info let me know or I can send the screen shots if someone wants to post them.

Please send them to me or upload them here. Thank you.

I was beginning to wonder if either Sensorly hasn't updated that area or the tower isn't really broadcasting LTE.

I went to Lindbergh and Manchester last night and tries to connect but no luck. Must not be broadcasting but I saw the tower.

It is the site on top of Jos. H. White Building in Brentwood south of 170 & 64/40. Only 1 site though.

That'll be a hard one to get pictures... :)

If all the blips on the Sensorly Map are correct, that's one strong LTE signal if it's hitting the highway from Brentwood Blvd & Rose Ave. I know the other tower in Richmond Heights is currently just a pole with a bunch of cables/wires running into it.

Here are some photos I shot of that site last week.

It is the site on top of Jos. H. White Building in Brentwood south of 170 & 64/40. Only 1 site though.

Can you explain to us newbies how it is only one site when I pulled two different physical cell Id's and two different cell identities? Edited by drochebs

8892116553_4a9836f3ca_d.jpg8892116501_f661115a13_d.jpg

The Physical Cell(3 digit) changes completely(clockwise) as you drive around the tower. They are always 169 apart. 0-169 is the northern sector, 170-339 is the Southeast sector, and 340-509 is the Southwest sector. You gave me 155 and 493. 155+169=324 and 324+169=493. So the Physical Cell ID’s of that site are 155(N)-324(SE)-493(SW).

The Cell Identity is a hexadecimal number. The iPhone converts the hex number to decimal.  In this case, 90214657 converted to Hexadecimal is 05609101. 90214659 converted to hex is 05609103. The only thing that changes with these hex numbers on a site is the last 2 digits. 01 identifies the northern sector, 02 identifies the southeast sector, and 03 identifies the southwest sector. So the 3 Cell Identities of that site are 05609101(N), 05609102(SE), and 05609103(SW).

The directionalities are not always 100% correct because some sites may only have 2 sectors and some have more sectors. But in general the directionalities are usually correct.

Now, I identified which tower you are connected to because if you sort all of the sites in the MO Market alphabetically they are in HEX order so we are able to identify with 99.9% certainty that this is the site. So the Site ID and the HEX style SCID correlate with each other but the 3 digit style cells do not. Sadly, I have a Galaxy Nexus which only shows the 3 digit style SCID.

Can you explain to us newbies how it is only one site when I pulled two different physical cell Id's and two different cell identities?

My question or you is did you stay on 40 the whole time or did you actually go south of there? I see you got the Northern and Southwestern sectors. 

My question or you is did you stay on 40 the whole time or did you actually go south of there? I see you got the Northern and Southwestern sectors.

I was on 40 the whole time heading east.

It must be another carrier's or maybe Maryville U's satelitte system???

No idea....but there are a lot of rooftop sites. There is even one here in Alton.

No idea....but there are a lot of rooftop sites. There is even one here in Alton.

Yea i saw one somewhere else too that looks like the uhaul one. The site at 79 and 70 in St Peters, Mo is the blue St Peters water tower right?

I would just assume that the directionalities are different because it is a rooftop site.

It can happen with any site, just depends on the RF design.  Or even if the installers swapped up the RRUs as the case with one of my sites near my house.   It goes 117, 455, then 286 as you round the site.  The 1X PNs now do the same since it is a 3G active site too.  Drops calls like a big dog due to this screw up.

Kind of discouraging, but I went to the site by my house after work, no panels up and they took the hoist rope down. Grrr

Could that be because of the storms?

Could that be because of the storms?

I suppose but the worker on Tuesday Morning told me that it would be done by End of the week....which means today basically cuz of the storms/rain.

Tonight after work I went on a Sprint Tower scavenger hunt.  Here are some findings.. Sorta

ST03RW501- Is almost 100% complete.  When I arrived I was greeted by two men who were working inside the cabinets.  One guy said he was installing a T1 to the site (this same guy also said he installed a T1 at the Sikeston MO locations last week) and they expect it to be broadcasting LTE next week.  He worked for a company AAF, that is all I could read on the truck.

ST03RW500 - I was unable to get to this site because of a closed and locked gate.  However it has the fast 3G speeds I have ever witnessed.  post-3983-0-97574200-1369965036_thumb.png

ST33XC019 - Is broadcasting LTE and I must say, I think I was the only one using LTE on that site. I also mapped 587 points on Sensorly for it.post-3983-0-80810700-1369965154_thumb.png

ST03RW503 -  Nothing has changed since my last visit and the same 5 or 6 batteries are still sitting outside.