Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Crews were working at the site closest to my house this morning. Talked to them said they were waiting on a lift so they could get the panels up. They had hoist ropes up. Confirmed they were with Sprint.

Edit: Adding pic

8879887308_7ad21e6688_k_d.jpg

• Like 1

Not sure that I like calling things In Progress with just a permit. To me it's not in progress until there are Boots on the Ground.  Before then, everything is just talk.  (Your opinion may vary.)

I suppose it does let everyone see where progress might soon be made on the map.

Here is the dilemma with this. Permits for St. Louis County are only good for 6 months. Work must be started within a time frame. So I think it is good to show them in progress.

Picked up LTE while crossing the Chain of Rocks bridge this morning. Fired up Sensorly & drove as close to the site at Riverview and 270 as I could. I was going to check that site out today, anyway. Didn't want to hang around that area much, nor did I want to drive up the scary-looking lane that lead to the site. Snapped a quick pic which I'll post later, then drove around just a little bit more to map it out. My points are already on Sensorly, if you zoom way in.

Pics of Riverview & 270:

bdswcVS.jpg

OwsBuGA.jpg

• Like 1

Forgot the secret code to get in. :blush:

I'll re-memorize and grab them as I can.  Unless someone else grabs them first.

I use an app called Quickshortcutmaker and put a shortcut to it on my home screen, tap the shortcut, then all you need is to type in SPRINT when it prompts you. Then once you do that all you should need to do is tap the shortcut and it won't prompt you again unless you turn off the phone. Really handy. If you need help let me know.

I can probably drive across that way tonight when I go to church to check it out. 

New sensorly blips 170 & 64

Things are really lighting up today.  I wasn't paying attention as I drove through Troy IL this morning.  Maybe they've fired up all that new hardware that's been sitting at my home site for a while.  I can only hope...

Hello everyone,

This is my first post I've been tuned into this thread for a while now..anywho, anybody noticed the strong LTE signal driving down 270 near the chain of rocks bridge?

Yes, decoy just posted about that site...its at 270 and riverview rightnear the bridge.

Does anyone have any idea where the St Charles County towers are?? so i can start watching them.

and also i work at kingshighway, manchester, and 44, is there a tower there? ive seen the purple in that area of the map but i can never get 4G.

arnold and the airports 4Gs are fast from my experience.

Does anyone have any idea where the St Charles County towers are?? so i can start watching them.

and also i work at kingshighway, manchester, and 44, is there a tower there? ive seen the purple in that area of the map but i can never get 4G.

arnold and the airports 4Gs are fast from my experience.

The purple in that area is from the site south of tower grove park. At the area you mentioned, it would be considered a fringe area for that tower. Drive south of that area and you will connect.

Also if you want to know where the towers are you can become a Sponsor (info in my sig) and see the maps/sheet and know where all the towers are. If you want you can send me the nearest intersection to your location in St. Chuck and I can let you know where a few towers are. But I can only give you nearest intersection to the tower as site ID's and addresses are restricted to Sponsors only.

The purple in that area is from the site south of tower grove park. At the area you mentioned, it would be considered a fringe area for that tower. Drive south of that area and you will connect.

Also if you want to know where the towers are you can become a Sponsor (info in my sig) and see the maps/sheet and know where all the towers are. If you want you can send me the nearest intersection to your location in St. Chuck and I can let you know where a few towers are. But I can only give you nearest intersection to the tower as site ID's and addresses are restricted to Sponsors only.

Oh ok. Yea i saw that tower grove park is lit up.

It seems that STL will go live before the anticipated date....there are many sites live from what I see

This stuff is really interesting Im hooked

At this point it is hard to tell. If they continue on this pace, maybe. They still hae 300+ sites in the entire Metro to do. 

It seems that STL will go live before the anticipated date....there are many sites live from what I see

This stuff is really interesting Im hooked

What date would that be? Sprint has made no official or unofficial plans for a launch date in STL.

What date would that be? Sprint has made no official or unofficial plans for a launch date in STL.

I figured he meant the original scheduled completion in Q1 2014

I figured he meant the original scheduled completion in Q1 2014

That was an estimation as well, the Missouri market was not in any of the plans we received when the schedule was put together. In all likelihood, Q1 or Q2 2014 completion is still a good bet. 

New sensorly blips 170 & 64

I've been out if town, but that's near my house. I'll check it out and try to get pics tomorrow.

HiHNW8y.jpgLook in between the cabinets on this picture.

P1010609.jpg

So is what I found legacy equipment?  Because I see it on other sites that have NV cabinets installed already.