Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

I average 15+ throughout San Diego. Not sure what you talking about. Yes very low speeds around 1-5Mbps speeds on a weak signal.

what I'm saying is sprint isn't promising those speeds so for people to say sub double digits is crap is nonsense. I've got several speed tests 25+ but I don't expect that as an average.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

What shocked you?

Too low?

I'm just happy to see it working well in some areas, despite not working too well in other areas. I expected those speeds only on Salt Lake still but the fact that I picked it up this well in Riverton inside a Taco Bell was very pleasant. 

After my previous phone I'm happy to get anything above 1-2 mbps. 

I've been averaging 10 down and 12 up for a couple of days now, with a -75 to -110 RSRP.  When I'm upstairs, I get -75 and downloads around 15-25 mbps.  Downstairs, in my office I average -100 and speeds around 7-10 mbps  Then agian, I live downtown in an area where there are as many live 4g sites as there are sprint subscribers. I'm almost certain that I'm the only one using the tower by my house. 

Too low?

yeah dont expect nore than that on average with band 25. Once band 41 goes live  ;) and devices can connect to it speeds will go up but sprint is not promising double digit speeds.

Once all sites are up and running, speeds generally settle around 10-15Mbps, more in better conditions. Of course, very crowded areas will always suffer. 

Sprint advertises 6-8Mbps because that is what can be expected on in the marginal areas. Most people will find themselves in marginal coverage areas more often than not, so Sprint can't advertise the 10-15 even though you will see those speeds, or better, a good portion of the time.

Posted ImageAnyone tell me is this the correct setting that my G2 needs to be on for the phone to be picking up lte? The last couple days I haven't really picked up any 4g, when I have the signal is so poor -115 to -119 that its unusable. Whenever it finds 4g it almost instantly goes back to 3g and 3g usually has a pretty good signal. Last week I picked up lte over by kearns high school....strong signal, good speeds etc. Since then the lte has been almost non-existent, and I'm not sure if its my phone, a phone setting OR if there still doing work that would prevent the phone from picking up a usable signal. I read posts on here of people picking up lte and I'm scratching my head why I'm not. I do ALOT of driving/traveling with my job from 2100 south(west side of slc) all the way down to Lindon in Utah County. With all the towers that I pass from wvc down to utah county you would think I'd picking up something other than 3g 90% of the time. I've heard that the g2 has radio issues that prevents it from picking up good signal and a update is possible at some point to fix the issue. Anyone having or heard of these issues....or is it just me? Also for the last couple days I've been having terrible phone issues(phone calls disconnecting, popping, crackling, kinda muffled/hard to understand). Yesterday I went in and changed the setting to "cdma only" NOT lte/cdma and the sound quality is perfect as though the person is standing right next to me and I haven't been disconnected from any calls since....does this make any sense to anyone?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

One of the work arounds I saw was disabling EVDO.B in ##data# to get the call quality better. Not sure if it will fix LTE but I know even on my Note 3 disabling that helped with my 3g speed. Went from .02 or .03 to 1MB a few times. But I'm sure someone else understands this better.

• Like 1

Anyone tell me is this the correct setting that my G2 needs to be on for the phone to be picking up lte? The last couple days I haven't really picked up any 4g, when I have the signal is so poor -115 to -119 that its unusable. Whenever it finds 4g it almost instantly goes back to 3g and 3g usually has a pretty good signal. Last week I picked up lte over by kearns high school....strong signal, good speeds etc. Since then the lte has been almost non-existent, and I'm not sure if its my phone, a phone setting OR if there still doing work that would prevent the phone from picking up a usable signal. I read posts on here of people picking up lte and I'm scratching my head why I'm not. I do ALOT of driving/traveling with my job from 2100 south(west side of slc) all the way down to Lindon in Utah County. With all the towers that I pass from wvc down to utah county you would think I'd picking up something other than 3g 90% of the time. I've heard that the g2 has radio issues that prevents it from picking up good signal and a update is possible at some point to fix the issue. Anyone having or heard of these issues....or is it just me? Also for the last couple days I've been having terrible phone issues(phone calls disconnecting, popping, crackling, kinda muffled/hard to understand). Yesterday I went in and changed the setting to "cdma only" NOT lte/cdma and the sound quality is perfect as though the person is standing right next to me and I haven't been disconnected from any calls since....does this make any sense to anyone?

It could be from CSFB.  Some other users of the triband phones struggle with the LTE connection as well in this market because of it.  From what I understand they have been activating it pretty quickly after sites get accepted.  You are probably picking up a tower that has CSFB enabled thats pretty far from you and trying to hold the signal.  Give it just a little more time and I'm pretty certain you will see improved coverage with your G2.  Im jealous you even have NV towers in your area.  Also I don't know enough about the G2 to answer your question on the call quality.  Sorry.

• Like 1

Posted ImageAnyone tell me is this the correct setting that my G2 needs to be on for the phone to be picking up lte? The last couple days I haven't really picked up any 4g, when I have the signal is so poor -115 to -119 that its unusable. Whenever it finds 4g it almost instantly goes back to 3g and 3g usually has a pretty good signal. Last week I picked up lte over by kearns high school....strong signal, good speeds etc. Since then the lte has been almost non-existent, and I'm not sure if its my phone, a phone setting OR if there still doing work that would prevent the phone from picking up a usable signal. I read posts on here of people picking up lte and I'm scratching my head why I'm not. I do ALOT of driving/traveling with my job from 2100 south(west side of slc) all the way down to Lindon in Utah County. With all the towers that I pass from wvc down to utah county you would think I'd picking up something other than 3g 90% of the time. I've heard that the g2 has radio issues that prevents it from picking up good signal and a update is possible at some point to fix the issue. Anyone having or heard of these issues....or is it just me? Also for the last couple days I've been having terrible phone issues(phone calls disconnecting, popping, crackling, kinda muffled/hard to understand). Yesterday I went in and changed the setting to "cdma only" NOT lte/cdma and the sound quality is perfect as though the person is standing right next to me and I haven't been disconnected from any calls since....does this make any sense to anyone?

it look in the nexus 5 thread on xda

• Like 1

It could be from CSFB. Some other users of the triband phones struggle with the LTE connection as well in this market because of it. From what I understand they have been activating it pretty quickly after sites get accepted. You are probably picking up a tower that has CSFB enabled thats pretty far from you and trying to hold the signal. Give it just a little more time and I'm pretty certain you will see improved coverage with your G2. Im jealous you even have NV towers in your area. Also I don't know enough about the G2 to answer your question on the call quality. Sorry.

Thanks really appreciate your input!

One of the work arounds I saw was disabling EVDO.B in ##data# to get the call quality better. Not sure if it will fix LTE but I know even on my Note 3 disabling that helped with my 3g speed. Went from .02 or .03 to 1MB a few times. But I'm sure someone else understands this better.

ill give it a shot, thx!

This is exactly what my G2 is at and it seems to pick up lte pretty good when I'm not moving ie. Driving. If I just stay at my work in west valley I get great signal and speeds, but if I drive for lunch or something it cannot hold the connection. I just assumed it's because I'm hitting different towers as I'm moving. There are some threads that talk about global and the other options but I haven't really changed mine since I haven't had issues.

Rockin my LG G2

• Like 1

I'm still waiting patiently for LTE to be turned on in Orem.. I see that people are getting service all throughout north Utah County.. Hopefully Orem is next? Why would Spanish fork, Pleasant Grove, Logan, Tremonton, St George, Heber and a bunch of other cities get LTE before Orem and Provo? Eugh. Anyway, anyone know anything about Orem?

• Like 2

I'm still waiting patiently for LTE to be turned on in Orem.. I see that people are getting service all throughout north Utah County.. Hopefully Orem is next? Why would Spanish fork, Pleasant Grove, Logan, Tremonton, St George, Heber and a bunch of other cities get LTE before Orem and Provo? Eugh. Anyway, anyone know anything about Orem?

Agreed! Provo and Orem need it already. I don't want to wait anymore!

First off St. George doesn't have any LTE.  They don't even have any 3g sites accepted.  Second, Logan only has one tower that has LTE and its actually in Hyrum.  If you lived up there you'd be pissed.  Its like having American fork lite up (which has one tower active) and not orem.  You've only had to live with that for a few days, imagine those peeps up there that have that tower teasing them thinking they will get LTE soon and then nothing!!  They have been like that for months. No towers in Logan have been accepted though.  Third, you are getting LTE pretty soon.  Unlike areas such as Logan and the Ogden/Layton area.  Its moving its way down to you and you should have LTE soon.  Any more brain busters? Haha

Also I see its your first post so welcome!!  Enjoy S4GRU and the wealth of knowledge that abides here :) 

First off St. George doesn't have any LTE.  They don't even have any 3g sites accepted.  Second, Logan only has one tower that has LTE and its actually in Hyrum.  If you lived up there you'd be pissed.  Its like having American fork lite up (which has one tower active) and not orem.  You've only had to live with that for a few days, imagine those peeps up there that have that tower teasing them thinking they will get LTE soon and then nothing!!  They have been like that for months. No towers in Logan have been accepted though.  Third, you are getting LTE pretty soon.  Unlike areas such as Logan and the Ogden/Layton area.  Its moving its way down to you and you should have LTE soon.  Any more brain busters? Haha

Also I see its your first post so welcome!!  Enjoy S4GRU and the wealth of knowledge that abides here :)

1st or not ....

screw him...they are getting it and we arent up here.... :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:

ok got that rant of my chest.....

welcome.....youll get to know my humor..... :twitch:  :twitch:

i think :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

1st or not ....

screw him...they are getting it and we arent up here.... :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:

ok got that rant of my chest.....

welcome.....youll get to know my humor..... :twitch:  :twitch:

i think :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

I'm surprised you didn't use one of these emoticons... :rant:  :soapbox:   I'm a little disappointed floorguy.  I expected more out of you.....

This is exactly what my G2 is at and it seems to pick up lte pretty good when I'm not moving ie. Driving. If I just stay at my work in west valley I get great signal and speeds, but if I drive for lunch or something it cannot hold the connection. I just assumed it's because I'm hitting different towers as I'm moving. There are some threads that talk about global and the other options but I haven't really changed mine since I haven't had issues.

Rockin my LG G2

Thanks.....I'm gonna be a lil patient and let the kinks get worked out, I'm sure everything is cool. How you liking your g2??

No one here has an exact date. Samsung has stepped up its game in the past 2 weeks alone. You will be seeing LTE updates soon but idea when. Many factors go into place .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do, but I opted not to be specific, for various reasons, one of which there are no guarantees, but I will say this, Orem/Provo should see LTE in many places this week.  Most of the sites that are planned on going live in this cluster lighting in Utah county will do so before Christmas.

After that we get ready for Saint George :-)

• Like 1