Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

I have lte at work which actually is more useful. I have WiFi at home so not an issue really not that it won't be nice though.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Saratoga is kindof a funny shaped city.  Do you pull off of the tower at the walmart or over at mill pond?

There is also a tower at the Lehi Sports park, but I dont believe that one is Sprint.   T-mobile maybe.

Edited by dmplus

Usually on cricket to be honest that tower by Walmart is jacked if you ask me. It was in definite need of upgrading. We will see if it helps. If I'm not on cricket Im on 1x800 from one of the Spanish Fork towers lol

Saratoga is kindof a funny shaped city. Do you pull off of the tower at the walmart or over at mill pond?

There is also a tower at the Lehi Sports park, but I dont believe that one is Sprint. T-mobile maybe.

is that the rodeo grounds?

Usually on cricket to be honest that tower by Walmart is jacked if you ask me. It was in definite need of upgrading. We will see if it helps. If I'm not on cricket Im on 1x800 from one of the Spanish Fork towers lol

Does sprint allow cricket 3G roaming (not just voice)? 

I have tested several cricket towers across the wasatch and most of them are totally unburdened. It's easy to get 1-2megabits out of them.  I have not tested the ones by Saratoga, but I do have a peer who lives in Saratoga who claims that cricket had as good or better signal in his neighborhood as any other carrier.

I would think you'd pull the site across the lake at the dump before you'd get Spanish fork but signal over water can do some funny things.

Does sprint allow cricket 3G roaming (not just voice)?

I have tested several cricket towers across the wasatch and most of them are totally unburdened. It's easy to get 1-2megabits out of them. I have not tested the ones by Saratoga, but I do have a peer who lives in Saratoga who claims that cricket had as good or better signal in his neighborhood as any other carrier.

I would think you'd pull the site across the lake at the dump before you'd get Spanish fork but signal over water can do some funny things.

I'm running a custom prl. I get so so speeds but def not 2megabits. I think sprint will need to eventually add some towers as the area has grown quite a bit and is continuing to grow rapidly. The south end of saratoga is a joke your lucky to have a connection on sprint.

Oh yeah that one yeah not sprint or clear. There is a sprint one in the ranches but I don't get hits from that one either I'm on the north end closer to camp Williams

Has any new towers been added for NV in Utah or have they just been overhauls? I live in an area of Pleasant Grove that is against the mountain and voice coverage gets sketchy, let alone data.

Has any new towers been added for NV in Utah or have they just been overhauls? I live in an area of Pleasant Grove that is against the mountain and voice coverage gets sketchy, let alone data.

There is a newer-ish tower at the top of 200 S just before you go in the canyon designed to hit most of the area against the mountain.  I'm not sure who's it is.  I'll do a check.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=40.361142,-111.703036&num=1&t=h&vpsrc=6&ie=UTF8&ll=40.362471,-111.703835&spn=0.006352,0.012574&z=17&iwloc=A

There is a newer-ish tower at the top of 200 S just before you go in the canyon designed to hit most of the area against the mountain. I'm not sure who's it is. I'll do a check.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=40.361142,-111.703036&num=1&t=h&vpsrc=6&ie=UTF8&ll=40.362471,-111.703835&spn=0.006352,0.012574&z=17&iwloc=A

That's a Tmobile tower. I was up there yesterday. I only live a couple of blocks from there.

That's a Tmobile tower. I was up there yesterday. I only live a couple of blocks from there.

I believe you are right, and, interestingly enough, it only seems to be broadcasting 4G, no EDGE (2G).

There has only been one new site, that was in st george and one relocation which was downtown that im aware of. From the answers I've got when asking that question is there wont be many sites added until NV 1.0 is complete then they will look at areas that need additional towers to support customer demands and needs? There is a clear tower near 700 east 200 south that will add additional lte support on band 41 once it goes live/or devices are allowed on which I believe that site is live? Though you would need a hotspot to test it as most are not having luck on tri band phones yet.

There has only been one new site, that was in st george and one relocation which was downtown that im aware of. From the answers I've got when asking that question is there wont be many sites added until NV 1.0 is complete then they will look at areas that need additional towers to support customer demands and needs? There is a clear tower near 700 east 200 south that will add additional lte support on band 41 once it goes live/or devices are allowed on which I believe that site is live? Though you would need a hotspot to test it as most are not having luck on tri band phones yet.

The one in St.George I believe was done to provide sufficient coverage to the new airport that was opened up out that direction. Nothing official backing that, only an observation. 

The one in St.George I believe was done to provide sufficient coverage to the new airport that was opened up out that direction. Nothing official backing that, only an observation.

That would make sense.

I've been excited to see LTE firing up.  Performance has been all over the board.  So far the best speed I've seen is 26.28 Mbps down and 8.11 Mbps up in South Jordan around 3200 W, and 11400 S.  Speed drops dramatically 2 blocks east, but still decent (5.5/4.5).  Am I glad I stayed with Sprint?  As long as they don't pull unlimited data away from my plan, I'll answer that with a "yes", although I suspect that they are going to pull the rug out from under those of us not on their new plans at some point.  Perhaps I'm a bit Jaded from having to give up my SERO plan years ago. :)

Fmpro, the best I have pulled in this market is 16 down in Spanish Fork and then this morning in Draper. I did pull 25 down in Lancaster, CA and I recall hitting similar speeds in the Bay Area last month.

I live in West Jordan, right by Jordan Landing and I very rarely see 4g. Surprising considering it is a pretty populated area. When I get it, its very unusable. I'm pretty dissapointed with sprints 4g rollout. I have been driving all over the valley and 4g seems to be spotty. anyone know when the whole valley will be covered? Or at least when 4g will be turned on in West Jordan? On AT&T there wasn't anywhere in the valley that I didn't get 4g.

I live just east of Jordan landing and I don't get 4G there but my 3g speeds aren't too bad, anyway it doesn't sound like West has upgraded yet but it's seems real close. I also jumped on at&t for a bit when sprint was really bad, speeds are nice but it sucked keeping track of my share plan so basically at&t speeds are unusable when your at your limit (I had to turn off my data when I left my house) lol