Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

So my good news is I went and upgraded to the LG Nexus 5 and though Sprint has some time before LTE is fully rolled out, I finally have a phone that's decent and picks up the signal pretty well. It's crazy what a better phone can do.

Triband! Good choice. How do you like it?

Triband! Good choice. How do you like it?

It's seriously pretty sweet. I have a Nexus 10 so I'm pretty used to the layout and stuff. It's really weird getting a consistent signal when driving around and to have it respond. Feels like I got out of an abusive relationship with the Samsung GS2. 

I have to thank this forum for guiding me in the right direction. 

It's seriously pretty sweet. I have a Nexus 10 so I'm pretty used to the layout and stuff. It's really weird getting a consistent signal when driving around and to have it respond. Feels like I got out of an abusive relationship with the Samsung GS2.

oh yeah that's gotta be a huge improvement from the gs2!!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

oh nice! well im glad to hear. GN5 is a great phone from what i hear. i wanna rec the nexus 5 thread, if you can activate B41 you might see some LTE! big if though lol

• Like 1

FYI - We went to get my wife's phone upgraded and while there I mentioned to the guy that my signal wasn't working even though it has been fine for the past few days. He mentioned that Sprint is going to be pretty bad in the next 10 or so days because they're doing the final push to get 4G LTE up and running. I guess a lot of people have called to complain about their service. 

After about Dec 10 the the network should be working and we'll see download speeds up to about 10-15 mbps. Makes sense as a few big clients in Utah have threatened to leave Sprint if 4G isn't finished by the end of the year.

Here's hoping for patience within the next week and a half an an awesome signal by the end of the year. 

I was in downtown Provo today and got an LTE signal at the new temple complex. I was driving so I couldn't get engineering shots, but got it mapped on Sensorly.

• Like 1

FYI - We went to get my wife's phone upgraded and while there I mentioned to the guy that my signal wasn't working even though it has been fine for the past few days. He mentioned that Sprint is going to be pretty bad in the next 10 or so days because they're doing the final push to get 4G LTE up and running. I guess a lot of people have called to complain about their service. 

After about Dec 10 the the network should be working and we'll see download speeds up to about 10-15 mbps. Makes sense as a few big clients in Utah have threatened to leave Sprint if 4G isn't finished by the end of the year.

Here's hoping for patience within the next week and a half an an awesome signal by the end of the year. 

myself, my brother and some of my friends had noticed crappier then usual service with our sprint devices. maybe this a good thing. as i would be even happy with NV 3G even if they delayed LTE. but thats just me.

• Like 1

myself, my brother and some of my friends had noticed crappier then usual service with our sprint devices. maybe this a good thing. as i would be even happy with NV 3G even if they delayed LTE. but thats just me.

I agree completely. If they can complete the network rollout by early to mid Dec I'm fine with crappy service until then. 

I agree completely. If they can complete the network rollout by early to mid Dec I'm fine with crappy service until then.

We've lived this long with crappy service, what is a couple more weeks?

• Like 1

hey on a side note...

anyone have a good place to get a (or 3) sg3 screens fixed????

my daughters was the 3rd one to get dinged...i have yelled at my 2 kids and wife about cracking these screens..... :wall:  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:

I've fixed a couple of screens with just internet instruction.  You can buy the LCD and digitizer combo on amazon.  It makes things easy.  Or you can just buy the digitizer, which is what usually breaks.  Replacing the digitizer is a bit more involved, but way cheaper, like 30 bucks.  There are a ton of how to vids out there too.  How good are you at working with small screws and such?

Oh, and the combo digitizer lcd usually runs about 60-70 bucks.  Still way cheaper than paying someone to do it... I'd go that route if I were to do it again.  I have done just the digitizer 3 different times, and my first two were subpar performances.  The third go around turned out like new. 

You'll need a heat gun, some thin 3m tape--which I have a shit load of if you want some--and a torx screwdriver bit the appropriate size. Additionally, you'll need a gentle, steady hand. The first one took me about 2 hours.  The next two probably only took about 30 minutes.  If you want to be a true tech nerd, fix your own shit. lol. 

• Like 1

Oh, and the combo digitizer lcd usually runs about 60-70 bucks.  Still way cheaper than paying someone to do it... I'd go that route if I were to do it again.  I have done just the digitizer 3 different times, and my first two were subpar performances.  The third go around turned out like new. 

You'll need a heat gun, some thin 3m tape--which I have a shit load of if you want some--and a torx screwdriver bit the appropriate size. Additionally, you'll need a gentle, steady hand. The first one took me about 2 hours.  The next two probably only took about 30 minutes.  If you want to be a true tech nerd, fix your own shit. lol. 

geeze i have watched some of the videos... :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

it looks to be a pita....1 of them it took like 8 min of video to get it off....and that was running the vid in FF....probably 45 min of realtime

Thanks for this...The last two days here in Ogden I have gone from no service to roaming to full bars across both lines of service. My wife was at Walmart and it dropped the call and had a x, because I had shut off roaming, for about an hour yesterday

I was in downtown Provo today and got an LTE signal at the new temple complex. I was driving so I couldn't get engineering shots, but got it mapped on Sensorly.

Probably just the Spanish Fork towers. I pick those up all the time when I'm BYU. If I'm on the hill that looks over south of campus, I can get a solid connection and some pretty decent speeds.

So close, and yet so far....

They must be testing in South Jordan, I had 4G through lunch, and now it is off again. Posted some speed tests on the Map. Good numbers for 2 bars. It is coming... Now i'm really ready.

Back on. 16.79 down, 9.78 up.

Edited by Jojodapyro
  • Like 1

I just got the MSL code for my phone to enable all the bands on my Nexus 5. Are there priorities with the bands that work better than others?

look in the nexus 5 thread

I live in west jordan around 7200 south 6000 west and have picked up 4g twice in the last 10 mins. It only lasts about a minute then dissapears, and the speeds suck. First time ive seen 4g out here, looks like there getting close. Posted Image

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk