Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

I moved here from Atlanta and had great speeds. Depending on the time of day it would very a little bit but it was solid. There was no throttling going on, I consistently had good speeds on 4g. Why in the world would they throttle piss poor 3g speeds/service???? I don't buy it, if they're going to throttle they would've done it on my 4g I had in Atlanta. I consistently had 18-20 megs down and 8-10 up. I say give sprint time to roll out 4g then in 6 month's time then shoot. All this throttling talk is jumping the gun a little bit imho ;-p

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

• Like 1

no, i definitely think they are throttling too. i've called them out on it using a very solid argument and they didn't/wouldn't give me a straight solid answer.

I don't believe anything the reps tell me in person or on the phone. I don't think they even have a clue on what's reality or what the truth is for that matter so expecting something straight and solid is funny. If your wanting a unbiased, truthful straight answer look up bosox, dkwoellerz or evlanders. I know I just murdered there screen names so sorry guys, bottom line is...they know what there talking about.!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It is too much of a coincidence that I have had three phones the past two years that speed are all of a sudden bearable taking my phone out of the box. Apple and sprint even admitted that there was a bug in iOS 5 that would not allow the iPhone to connect to sprints towers and said that it was rectified. I am not going to get into a iPhone android debate on this forum if anyone wants to bash about fanboys or samsuck. It should be taken somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if this has any merit but just upgraded my phone line and am getting a lot better download and upload speeds. My average the past couple of days have been .50 to 1 MB per second download. While the past two phone upgrades average was .15 to .30 download. It makes me wonder if sprint is throttling the speed even they say they don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don't throttle. Any change in speed is either a network enhancement, or better reception on your phone.

[ The exception is video streams. Sprint has indicated that users on the My Way plans could have video streams limited to 1Mbps if the network is busy ]

• Like 2

has anyone been able to confirm LTE 2600Mhz out here in utah yet? sadly i am not triband with my iphone.

Assuming it can connect to LTE 2600Mhz, I'm getting my Nexus 5 on Monday. I'm hoping I can connect.

People in the device thread have been able to tweak settings to "enable" 2600 mhz LTE, but no one has yet confirmed that it will actually connect.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

It looks like there is some LTE going on up in Ogden. Sensorly is showing some purple at 900 w and Riverdale Dr.

that blip has been there for a while as well as the one on the south side of hill.

that blip has been there for a while as well as the one on the south side of hill.

Oh man  :( . I wan hoping that it was starting here. I work on Riverdale Rd. and even sprint 3g is better than the WIFI here.  

Assuming it can connect to LTE 2600Mhz, I'm getting my Nexus 5 on Monday. I'm hoping I can connect.

People in the device thread have been able to tweak settings to "enable" 2600 mhz LTE, but no one has yet confirmed that it will actually connect.

You'll need one of the tri-band hotspots. For the time being, Nexus 5 and LG G2 cannot connect to Band 41 and Band 26. Other users have enabled the bands with their MSL with not luck in known Band 41 areas.

Will triband phones such as the LG G2 pick up the current 3G Sprint network the best and any signal Sprint puts out the best? The reason I ask is because I'm going to try that phone when my contract is done and if its still not picking up the Sprint signal decently, I'm going to try another carrier. 

My closest tower is the Herriman tower on Brundisi Way and there are no towers in the Daybreak area. If the LG G2 can pick up signals in this area consistently and stronger than what I'm used to, I'll assume the LTE rollout will make it even better. 

Thoughts?

It will help you but most people use WiFi at home? Tri band will help with coverage when its finished being rolled out. Especially the 1x800.

everying thing that sprint is doing will help...time frame unknown...

as far as phones....when i had the photon, it had an awesome radio for picking up signal....far better then any of the others...

so if thats what you are worried about...get the moto x.....shoot you can even customize it now

Will triband phones such as the LG G2 pick up the current 3G Sprint network the best and any signal Sprint puts out the best? The reason I ask is because I'm going to try that phone when my contract is done and if its still not picking up the Sprint signal decently, I'm going to try another carrier. 

My closest tower is the Herriman tower on Brundisi Way and there are no towers in the Daybreak area. If the LG G2 can pick up signals in this area consistently and stronger than what I'm used to, I'll assume the LTE rollout will make it even better. 

Thoughts?

What about the tower behind the megaplex 20? or is that one not any closer?  You may want to consider getting the nexus 5 (very similar to the G2) that does work with Sprint and ATT and Tmo.  That way if you wanted to switch to ATT or Tmo for a few months until Sprint gets more of their rollout complete, and then switch back you wouldn't have to change phones.

What about the tower behind the megaplex 20? or is that one not any closer?  You may want to consider getting the nexus 5 (very similar to the G2) that does work with Sprint and ATT and Tmo.  That way if you wanted to switch to ATT or Tmo for a few months until Sprint gets more of their rollout complete, and then switch back you wouldn't have to change phones.

I'm on 6000 W. so the closest tower is in Herriman. I'll probably go with the Nexus 5 but I'm not sure if I want to pay to buy it unlocked. 

I'm on 6000 W. so the closest tower is in Herriman. I'll probably go with the Nexus 5 but I'm not sure if I want to pay to buy it unlocked.

that's the closest 1900 and 800 I'd bet there is a 2600 closer

So you're over by Herriman High?  In the "stones" subdivision?  If that's the case that's a weak area for Sprint (and somewhat verizon), but you should find good signal from the GSM providers (ATT/Tmo).  All 3 should have LTE in the area too.

that's the closest 1900 and 800 I'd bet there is a 2600 closer

I think 2600 is on that tower behind the theater.  I don't think there's any closer clearwire.

So, by anyones experience is the HTC one a terrible phone for reception? In the old town Sandy area, State and around  8600 south I get one bar of one X. at my house in Sandy around 9800 south and 700 east I get one bar of 3g. Even when I do have full signal my phone is slower than dirt. I am rooted running CyanogenMod 10.2. I have never disliked a phone as much as I do this one. Sprint is lucky that I currently have a 2 year contract, or I would just dump them now. All this waiting for even DECENT service is getting old in a hurry.

So, by anyones experience is the HTC one a terrible phone for reception? In the old town Sandy area, State and around 8600 south I get one bar of one X. at my house in Sandy around 9800 south and 700 east I get one bar of 3g. Even when I do have full signal my phone is slower than dirt. I am rooted running CyanogenMod 10.2. I have never disliked a phone as much as I do this one. Sprint is lucky that I currently have a 2 year contract, or I would just dump them now. All this waiting for even DECENT service is getting old in a hurry.

I am frequently in that area and I get 3G everywhere and I have the Galaxy S4. It may be only 2 maybe 3 bars but it works.

I don't trust bars signal check tells you signal strength in much more accurate terms. There is a tower not far from you so you should get better service than that.

I don't trust bars signal check tells you signal strength in much more accurate terms. There is a tower not far from you so you should get better service than that.

In my kitchen right now typing this. Otter Box case off  I have between -81 and -93 dBm