Coverage Map Update 10/11

RAvirani

I'm not sure if anyone noticed this, but as of the 10/11 coverage map update, roaming on the LTE/NR coverage map now mirrors AT&T's UMTS/HSPA/LTE coverage.  That being said, it notably no longer includes Verizon roaming coverage at all.  The EVDO coverage map doesn't display Verizon roaming either.  Verizon CDMA coverage is only displayed on the voice coverage map along with AT&T UMTS/HSPA coverage.  

Looks like were going to see a lot more AT&T roaming and a lot less Verizon roaming soon.

• Like 4

I'm not sure if anyone noticed this, but as of the 10/11 coverage map update, roaming on the LTE/NR coverage map now mirrors AT&T's UMTS/HSPA/LTE coverage.  That being said, it notably no longer includes Verizon roaming coverage at all.  The EVDO coverage map doesn't display Verizon roaming either.  Verizon CDMA coverage is only displayed on the voice coverage map along with AT&T UMTS/HSPA coverage.  
Looks like were going to see a lot more AT&T roaming and a lot less Verizon roaming soon.
Verizon cdma shut down is happening as we speak

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

Verizon cdma shut down is happening as we speak

All of the Verizon upgrades happening in my market are LTE-only. The new equipment they are installing isn't CDMA-capable. 

All of the Verizon upgrades happening in my market are LTE-only. The new equipment they are installing isn't CDMA-capable. 
As far as I know in my market Verizon CDMA is still active. Sprint better get its butt in gear and install some more cell sites macro cells won't cover the coverage gaps that Sprint has in my market. I'm in the central New Jersey market.

I’ve started roaming a week ago on at&t lte that I didn’t use to. Voice goes to hspa on att. Speed slow but useable.
Well Sprint really is in trouble now that Verizon is shutting down CDMA.

Verizon isn't shutting down CDMA until 12/31/20 now. 
Well the fact that it's being slowly shut down Sprint better come up with a contingency plan and order to supplement the Lost coverage from the slow-but-steady shut down.

Just now, danlodish345 said:

Well the fact that it's being slowly shut down Sprint better come up with a contingency plan and order to supplement the Lost coverage from the slow-but-steady shut down.

They have a plan. It's called AT&T roaming. 

17 hours ago, Brad The Beast said:

Verizon isn't shutting down CDMA until 12/31/20 now. 

Seems two fold.  IIRC they were going to shut down business/m2m 12/31/21 and consumers 12/31/19.  Seems like they both now have the same date. 

VZW though seems like they are still killing the roaming because they want devices off the 3G network. According to my VZW buddy, EVDO is already dead.  I'd expect them to run just 1 carrier in SMR were they can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, red_dog007 said:

According to my VZW buddy, EVDO is already dead.  I'd expect them to run just 1 carrier in SMR were they can.

Almost every Verizon site upgrade that has happened in Seattle in the last year is an LTE-only setup. All new builds are LTE-only. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...