AT&T and C-Sprire PCS

dkyeager

No, they gave it all to ATT like morons. 

Sprint should fight for it. Doesn't this wipe out the coverage cspire does for Sprint? TMobile should fight for the 700 mhz. Att can have the AWS

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Sprint should fight for it. Doesn't this wipe out the coverage cspire does for Sprint? TMobile should fight for the 700 mhz. Att can have the AWS

They should fight for it but I think it's a done deal. I don't know what will happen with the roaming agreement. 

They should fight for it but I think it's a done deal. I don't know what will happen with the roaming agreement. 

Cspire isn't really roaming. When I was in Mississippi I got native signal and I had boost at the time. In Jackson Mississippi there is 10x10 Cblock plus G block so I wonder what happens with that?

2 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Cspire isn't really roaming. When I was in Mississippi I got native signal and I had boost at the time

Oh yeah it does count as native doesn't it? Yeah I don't know what will happen then. The only way it doesn't happen is if the FCC says no which I highly doubt they will. 

Does anyone know if these spectrum licences are in areas they currently do not offer service in or are they excess capacity sitting in the garage?

More capacity. They likely only have 5x5 B12 and will get 10x10. I say TMobile should fight cause their are areas they don't have B12 at all so it's not far. Most of the licenses are the B and C block but so what. Tho this article also says the A Block which is even more unfair as that would give them 15x15 holding

Thanks, I'm wondering from a C-spire perspective has this spectrum been in service or if it is in areas they do not currently service where the licenses are located.
Good question. I know Mississippi is one and they operate there. Florida is on this article so that I don't know

I am just surprised C-Spire and US Cellular have not been bought up yet by one of the "major four" carriers. 
Att is trying with cspire and uscc isn't willing to sell. Sprint did get them in some areas where uscc couldn't do LTE.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Brad The Beast said:

No, they gave it all to ATT like morons. 

It isn't much PCS really and where it is it is just in AL, AK, and FL.  I didn't look up those specific counties in those states, but I'd assume C Spire is pulling out of FL and AL.  Don't think they offered anything in AK. 

The 700MHz they are dumping is in the Memphis area within MS which is a bit interesting. 

AWS is interesting cause it includes MS, but most of it is just 10MHz.  

When Sprint acquired PCS/700 in Memphis area a few years ago, it included C-Spire gaining access to Sprint's spectrum portfolio in a handful of counties.  Not sure which counties these are but it would be interesting to go back and look that up.  

Edited by red_dog007

It isn't much PCS really.  It is in AL, AK, and FL.  Nothing in MS.  I didn't look up those specific counties in those states, but I'd assume C Spire is pulling out of FL and AL.   The 700MHz they are dumping is in the Memphis area within MS which is a bit interesting. 

Most of it is AWS, including MS.  Most of it is just 10MHz.  

That article says due 700 mhz it could give them enough for 15x15 which isn't fair to other carriers 

14 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

That article says due 700 mhz it could give them enough for 15x15 which isn't fair to other carriers 

It is interesting that it is looking specifically at 700.  AT&T is acquiring twice as much PCS+AWS.

Wonder who it isn't fair for.  AT&T will have 73MHz average in the effected counties of low band, up from 68MHz. Looks like VZW has 49MHz and TMobile 40MHz.  So give it to Sprint!? lol

It is interesting that it is looking specifically at 700.  AT&T is acquiring twice as much PCS+AWS.
Wonder who it isn't fair for.  AT&T will have 73MHz average in the effected counties of low band, up from 68MHz. Looks like VZW has 49MHz and TMobile 40MHz.  So give it to Sprint!? lol
TMobile doesn't have B12 in some of the areas where they want it. Mississippi one of them

16 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

TMobile doesn't have B12 in some of the areas where they want it. Mississippi one of them

If T-Mobile wanted it bad enough, their name would be on the application.  With them owned 40MHz of 600, and there still being extra 600 to be had in the areas, getting 700 may not be as urgent for them as it once was.

Edited by red_dog007