Hello from Chicago

wtsguy

Hi everyone, I'm currently a disgruntled US Cellular customer from Chicago because there are no plans for a 4G rollout here. As a pretty big phone and tech nerd, US Cellular just can't keep up anymore and it's time to go. The tiny data caps of Verizon and AT&T are instant dealbreakers, so what draws me to Sprint is the promise of unlimited data. This site has more information than anywhere else, and I find it interesting keeping up with the rollout of a new technology on a daily basis. Thanks for everything you guys do here!

The minute I can get my hands on a Sprint 4G phone in Chicago, I'll be paying my ETF and leaving US Cellular.

I am actually more partial to the Nexus, but I haven't made my mind up yet. I hate SenseUI with a passion, but if there are custom rom options for the Evo, I might go that route as well!

I haven't heard anything about whether the new EVO will be easily rootable but I'm sure there will be tons of custom ROMs available once it gets rooted. I've been thinking about the Nexus as well but I am leaning more towards the EVO. I actually like Sense and I really like the Sense calendar. I haven't found another option that I like as much.

On a completely separate note, I tried web browsing over LTE on a Droid Razr last night. Man, that thing was fast! Google searching was almost instant and the web browsing was blazing. If Sprint's LTE is anything like that I am going to love it!

FYI the Evo 4g LTE will have a 28nm Snapdragon S4 dual core processor (which can outperform the Quad Core Tegra 3 in quite a few situations) which will be much faster and get much better battery life (and most likely better signal with the newer radio) than the Nexus (40nm dual core, LTE modem on a separate chip). The new S4 will help 4G smartphones get nearer to the battery life of 3G only smartphones.

• Like 1