Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

oops..

Big oops, it's really fun trying to bring up a site and the MMBS cant talk to the RRUs. Even more fun when you switch to the backup fiber line to the RRU and that one is trashed as well. Most of the tower crews are out of state low-end crews, but I have run in to several crews that thoroughly know their shit and get it done right the first/only time.

If you check out the NV Sites map, hopefully it will make more sense.

We are waiting for the clusters around Denver to be complete so they can fire them up. Once they bring the 3G side of things online, they can rapidly bring up LTE. If you look at Colorado Springs, it should progress similarly (though a lot more sites and a lot more work). 

There was one day when pretty much all the sites in the Springs were accepted and 3G was brought online. This allowed CSFB to be put in place, meaning that Tri-Band devices would be able to use LTE. Then, over the next several days, LTE was activated site by site until every one that had appropriate backhaul had LTE live. That covered most of the city.

Now, obviously Denver has a lot more sites, which is part of the reason it's taken longer.

And yes, they are currently working on TD-LTE, or Band 41 LTE in Denver, which is on Clear network sites. That upgrade has progressed pretty well, and if CSFB was in place, Tri-Band devices would be able to use it. It will have roughly the same footprint as WiMax for the time being.

But you don't need to worry about not getting LTE. Sprint is working to upgrade the whole network. When the clusters are fired up and 3G is activated, that means that LTE equipment is also in place. As long as appropriate backhaul has been brought in (Fiber, microwave, etc.) by the local ISP, LTE will be fired up within a couple of days.

Thank you. It was starting to get confusing. I think we need a general summary every 50 pages or so .

Big oops, it's really fun trying to bring up a site and the MMBS cant talk to the RRUs. Even more fun when you switch to the backup fiber line to the RRU and that one is trashed as well. Most of the tower crews are out of state low-end crews, but I have run in to several crews that thoroughly know their shit and get it done right the first/only time.

I got a buddy that does this although he said he rarely gets Sprint contracts.  He works mostly in remote areas and likes to take photos of the view when he climbs.  Just seeing them on FB makes me dizzy.  I don't have a fear of heights, but I do apparently have a fear of very tall skinny poles.   

• Like 1

uploadfromtaptalk1392324976108.jpg my trip to golden today. I tried to make a call and it turned lte off. Is the csfb not up and running? I thought we new able to talk and surf the net with lte? Or is this escfb issue still?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1392324976108.jpg my trip to golden today. I tried to make a call and it turned lte off. Is the csfb not up and running? I thought we new able to talk and surf the net with lte? Or is this escfb issue still?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

As has been discussed ad nauseam, Tri-Band devices do not have SvLTE (cannot do simultaneous voice and data). 

CSFB (Circuit Switched Fallback, read the article again) allows your device to fall back to 1x from LTE when making or receiving calls/texts. 

• Like 1

As has been discussed ad nauseam, Tri-Band devices do not have SvLTE (cannot do simultaneous voice and data). Oh yes now I remember. Thank you. Will that be fixed?

CSFB (Circuit Switched Fallback, read the article again) allows your device to fall back to 1x from LTE when making or receiving calls/texts.

As has been discussed ad nauseam, Tri-Band devices do not have SvLTE (cannot do simultaneous voice and data). Oh yes now I remember. Thank you. Will that be fixed?

Reply outside the quotes ... :wall:

Will it be fixed? What? It's not a problem, nothing is broken. That is how they are made. That is the course the industry is taking. 

Do not expect simultaneous voice and data until VoLTE has matured. 

• Like 3

Narf, that was me. I mapped Hamden and Havana from 225 to Wadsworth. All those purple sensorly spots, are me. I also mapped 225 and Parker road to I 25. My question, is if any of  you are in the area with a single band 4Glte, could you see if you can use 4GLte/ Thanks!

I was down in that area today, drove along Hampden between Quebec and I25 and didn't get a hint of LTE with my Galaxy S3. I also haven't been able to pick up LTE along I25 between 58th and US36 like I could before. Makes me think that these sites were only up for a short period for testing and we caught them in the act.

• Like 1

Narf, that was me. I mapped Hamden and Havana from 225 to Wadsworth. All those purple sensorly spots, are me. I also mapped 225 and Parker road to I 25. My question, is if any of  you are in the area with a single band 4Glte, could you see if you can use 4GLte/ Thanks!

I was down in that area today, drove along Hampden between Quebec and I25 and didn't get a hint of LTE with my Galaxy S3. I also haven't been able to pick up LTE along I25 between 58th and US36 like I could before. Makes me think that these sites were only up for a short period for testing and we caught them in the act.

Were you both able to connect in this area before? Or just Santa? If just Santa, it's possible it was brief connections to Band 41...

• Like 1

I agree!

Were you both able to connect in this area before? Or just Santa? If just Santa, it's possible it was brief connections to Band 41...

I have never been able to connect automatically, as I have a tri band phone. I can force connect for about 10 seconds using my app LTE Discovery, by starting the network app. It shuts down all signals, restarts, and if LTE is there it tells you so with band width. I can see Lte and a different voice program (sorry can't remember which one) for about 10 seconds, then it reverts back to ehrpd. the signals are strong along Hamden from I25 to Kennedy Golf Course... What band do you think I am picking up? Thanks

I have never been able to connect automatically, as I have a tri band phone. I can force connect for about 10 seconds using my app LTE Discovery, by starting the network app. It shuts down all signals, restarts, and if LTE is there it tells you so with band width. I can see Lte and a different voice program (sorry can't remember which one) for about 10 seconds, then it reverts back to ehrpd. the signals are strong along Hamden from I25 to Kennedy Golf Course... What band do you think I am picking up? Thanks

Hard to really say, it sounds like it's probably Band 41, but without CSFB in place, it reverts back to 3G. 

If you could possibly get a shot of your Engineering (or as Samsung calls it, enginerring) screen while connected to LTE, we could tell you what band it is. 

• Like 1

Hard to really say, it sounds like it's probably Band 41, but without CSFB in place, it reverts back to 3G. 

If you could possibly get a shot of your Engineering (or as Samsung calls it, enginerring) screen while connected to LTE, we could tell you what band it is.

I'll do that this eve when I leave. Is there a program to get a screen shot of the reading that I can download, or is there a button on my Galaxy Mega that I hit to take a pic of it/ Sorry not a phone guy...

I'll do that this eve when I leave. Is there a program to get a screen shot of the reading that I can download, or is there a button on my Galaxy Mega that I hit to take a pic of it/ Sorry not a phone guy...

I believe if you swipe the side of your palm across the screen, it takes a screenshot. 

• Like 1