Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

I do use signal check and do know what tower I'm connected to at work. I'm just wondering why 800 is about the same or a little weaker than the 1900 signal that tower also broadcast. When I do a prl update it will then go to 800. signal is a little weaker than 1900. I'm on same tower. I also stay connected to that 800 signal all the way home which is ten miles away. Well it switches to a couple other sites but then goes back to it. Just thought the signal would be stronger cause I was so close. I guess not. I know it travels farther. Thanks

Let's see a Signal Check screenshot, and your location.

I suppose it's possible they have it powered down, but not likely. If you are getting a weaker 1x signal on 800 than you were on PCS, it's almost always because you're connecting to a site further away.  

Let's see a Signal Check screenshot, and your location.

I suppose it's possible they have it powered down, but not likely. If you are getting a weaker 1x signal on 800 than you were on PCS, it's almost always because you're connecting to a site further away.  

ok i will do it tomorrow. Im off now. 

just wanted to point out that im connecting to some new 800 towers at home. Connected to one in Larkspur just now. Not on map yet but i know thats common right now. Im off 104th and federal fyi. Also 800 is not going to be better than 1900 in signal strength if your like almost a mile away from the tower with the only obstruction is the brick walls that im surrounded by at work? I have always had great service inside the building before 800 and really think signal strength went down. i assume its in test phase. Just wanted to  put that out there guys. Thanks

JTHawks.. Sounds like me and you live in the same area. I am also off 104th and Federal. I did not see any 1x800 this morning, but Ill check when I get home tonight. 

JTHawks.. Sounds like me and you live in the same area. I am also off 104th and Federal. I did not see any 1x800 this morning, but Ill check when I get home tonight.

the weird part is I only get it when I'm home and in the basement.

Fyi, My lte discovery lite app is picking up 4g Lte from I25 and Hamden East to Dartmouth and Havana. I have to keep turning it off and on, as I have a Tri band. If any of you are in the area, and have a single band 4gLte phone, could you let us know if you are getting the signal and can use it? Thanks to all of you. Santa...

Fyi, My lte discovery lite app is picking up 4g Lte from I25 and Hamden East to Dartmouth and Havana. I have to keep turning it off and on, as I have a Tri band. If any of you are in the area, and have a single band 4gLte phone, could you let us know if you are getting the signal and can use it? Thanks to all of you. Santa...

Sensorly shows LTE on Hampden between I25 and I225.

Narf, that was me. I mapped Hamden and Havana from 225 to Wadsworth. All those purple sensorly spots, are me. I also mapped 225 and Parker road to I 25. My question, is if any of  you are in the area with a single band 4Glte, could you see if you can use 4GLte/ Thanks!

I think I am becoming so obsessed with the clusters coming online.. Every morning I wake up, kill my Wifi.. to see if it flops to LTE. Every morning I am disappointed to see 3G.  I drive to work, leaving my phone in the field test menu, to see if I locate any 1X800 or LTE.. None. I get to work, with 250k Speeds just hoping to see some LTE soon. I think I need a life.  :lol:  :tu:

CrimsonKnight, Ibid.... I think I need a life also!! I am getting obsessed with this. Santa

Those texts had nothing to do with the actual state of the network... just fyi. They went out nationwide.

If that's true, I foresee a big class action lawsuit. Telling cusomers that their network upgrade will be completed in 30 days and encouraging them to buy a lte phone that they will not be able to use is quite deceptive advertising. In the past, sales reps would use this line but at least then sprint had plausible deniability. Now we have it on record.

Craig, do you really think we are that close? I'm getting cranked to see a cluster light up in Denver also. Thanks Santa..

Well, we've got a date that's been floated, there is a lot of 800 being spotted around town. My guess for a weekend is simply due to the network being utilized less so if there is a major glitch, it will affect fewer people and give Sprint time to troubleshoot. I would almost guess that it would be one cluster at a time, perhaps each subsequent weekend until it's completely online. Of course, the date floated is a Thursday. Hmmm. Maybe that date is the first cluster activation?? We'll know soon enough. 

If that's true, I foresee a big class action lawsuit. Telling cusomers that their network upgrade will be completed in 30 days and encouraging them to buy a lte phone that they will not be able to use is quite deceptive advertising. In the past, sales reps would use this line but at least then sprint had plausible deniability. Now we have it on record.

That's not grounds for a class action lawsuit.  Your network upgrades will LARGELY be complete within the time period it said.  It did not say wall to wall LTE.  It did not even say LTE at all.  Also, you waived your right to a class action lawsuit when you signed your contract with Sprint.

Robert

• Like 2

I just read on Android Central Sprint Spark launches in Philadelphia and Baltimore. Waiting to see Denver,CO!

They will not launch Spark service in Denver until all the NV 3G upgrades are nearing completion and CSFB operational.  Currently Triband smartphones will not stay connected to Spark sites because there is very little CSFB deployed around Denver.  Only hotspots and Triband phones in LTE Only mode are able to connect to the ~100 Spark sites in the Colorado market.

Robert

That's not grounds for a class action lawsuit. Your network upgrades will LARGELY be complete within the time period it said. It did not say wall to wall LTE. It did not even say LTE at all. Also, you waived your right to a class action lawsuit when you signed your contract with Sprint.

Robert

In his defense, Sprint has been leading people on for years. It's like a bad relationship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They will not launch Spark service in Denver until all the NV 3G upgrades are nearing completion and CSFB operational.  Currently Triband smartphones will not stay connected to Spark sites because there is very little CSFB deployed around Denver.  Only hotspots and Triband phones in LTE Only mode are able to connect to the ~100 Spark sites in the Colorado market.

Robert

I'm sure it's been asked 1000 times, but is there a way to tell if a site has the CSFB back haul? Like an 800 site, etc.? Just looking for a possible pattern. Please keep answers leaning more toward a lay man answer... I work in medicine, not so much technology. Thanks!

In his defense, Sprint has been leading people on for years. It's like a bad relationship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, I have always been critical of that stupid text throughout our forums.  But it is stupid to say you're going to sue.  If someone doesn't like Sprint's business practices, they have every right to find someone they prefer to give their money to.  Unfortunately, wireless providers are not known for their integrity.

Robert

• Like 1

I'm sure it's been asked 1000 times, but is there a way to tell if a site has the CSFB back haul? Like an 800 site, etc.? Just looking for a possible pattern. Please keep answers leaning more toward a lay man answer... I work in medicine, not so much technology. Thanks!

If the site is 3G accepted, it is capable of CSFB.  All CDMA 800 (1X 800) is CSFB capable.  However, there is no guarantee that even when the site is complete that the CSFB network on the switch level is fully operational.  The only true way to know if CSFB is functioning is to turn on your Triband phone in an LTE coverage area.

In some Ericsson and Alcatel Lucent areas, the old legacy network is running CSFB.  However, in Samsung markets, like Colorado, a CSFB connection is only possible on new upgrade Network Vision 3G sites.

Robert

• Like 1

If the site is 3G accepted, it is capable of CSFB.  All CDMA 800 (1X 800) is CSFB capable.  However, there is no guarantee that even when the site is complete that the CSFB network on the switch level is fully operational.  The only true way to know if CSFB is functioning is to turn on your Triband phone in an LTE coverage area.

In some Ericsson and Alcatel Lucent areas, the old legacy network is running CSFB.  However, in Samsung markets, like Colorado, a CSFB connection is only possible on new upgrade Network Vision 3G sites.

Robert

Perfect! Thanks Robert.

Robert

Actually, another question; What will my triband phone show in an LTE coverage area if CSFB is functioning?

Actually, another question; What will my triband phone show in an LTE coverage area if CSFB is functioning?

It will show LTE in your signal indicator next to your bars.  Otherwise, without CSFB, it will show 3G.  Even if LTE is present.

Robert

• Like 1

Where's Merlin ????? :)

Lurking.

Waiting.

Even if the plan was for this weekend I wouldn't say anything, especially with people like the one below that don't know what they're talking about.

EDIT: That was a little harsh, but I stand by it. Sprint never intentionally misinformed anyone, they got a bit hosed by Samsung, your local telephone provider, and funding issues. The network challenge of bringing up even one cluster in Denver is greater than lighting up all of the springs and if not handled correctly WILL take down both the legacy and NV network for most of the state. Every site in a cluster has to be 100% ready of it will make for a very long night and hellish morning. 

Edited by Merlin
  • Like 5