Boost Mobile - New Rate Plans

Arysyn

I'm curious if there are speed caps to these plans. In the past, I've heard Boost Mobile does and doesn't, from different sources.

If Boost does not cap the data included in these rate plans, seems these are a pretty good deal and very competitive with Cricket and Metro.

• Like 1

That 5 gig plan is pretty nice. With an iPhone 6s you are pretty much set if u don't need roaming.

The biggest problem with Boost is device selection.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

This.  Boost has attractive rate plans, but you have to buy a Boost branded phone, which also has very little resale value as it will only work on Boost.

• Like 1

Boost doesn't cap speeds; it's pretty much Sprint service without roaming. I was on it for a few months and I didn't notice a difference between it and Sprint.

I like their device selection tbh; there's a really decent aftermarket supply of phones on the cheap. I bought a Moto E for $30 from Swappa, as well as a Lumia 635 for $30. They sell some good LG phones.

• Like 2

The biggest problem with Boost is device selection.

No, the problem is brand image.  If you are on Boost Mobile, you are a gangbanger or a drug dealer.  Dawg, where you at?

AJ

• Like 5

No, the problem is brand image.  If you are on Boost Mobile, you are a gangbanger or a drug dealer.  Dawg, where you at?

AJ

I take offense to that. I use boost. I dont trust postpaid with my bill and, its costs to much. The device selection could be better. theres phones that other carriers offer on prepaid that sprint doesnt offer on any of there prepaids. cricket sells 64gb iphones 6s. vzw has nexus 6 and note 5,galaxy edge etc.

• Like 1

For the most part, I like the new plans, though I'd scrap the Growing Data program, and the $35 option. I'd keep $30 monthly with 5gb data and $60 monthly with unlimited data, though I'd change the $45 monthly plan from having 8gb to having 15gb.

I think it's interesting how data plan selections go from minuscule amounts and then suddenly "BOOM! UNLIMITED BABY!" For like another 10 to 15 bucks on top of the highest minuscule tiered data option. So you have your 8 gigabyte plan and then unlimited. But I guess that's because they don't expect people to actually use that "unlimited data". Most people with unlimited probably don't use more than 10-15 gigs in a single month at most.

• Like 3

FYI AJ I was being sarcastic. I pretty sure that was a joke.  Dk told me not to be offened. :)

Sarcastic, yes, but realistic, too.  I am not offering my impression of Boost Mobile.  I am merely presenting what many people think of Boost.  And Boost did court that rough, urban image with its marketing for many years.

AJ

• Like 1

Sarcastic, yes, but realistic, too. I am not offering my impression of Boost Mobile. I am merely presenting what many people think of Boost. And Boost did court that rough, urban image with its marketing for many years.

AJ

Urban? Yes.

Rough? That's a stretch.

Sent from my SM-N910T

• Like 1

Urban? Yes.

Rough? That's a stretch.

Yeah, you just like to disagree with me.

That commercial is courting an urban "rough" culture.

You just got served.

AJ

"Boost Mobile introduces the only plans with growing data. Get 500MB of extra high-speed monthly data after every 3 on-time payments. Up to 3GB after 18 on-time payments. Or, choose the $60 plan and getunlimited high-speed data right from the start."

http://www.boostmobile.com/shop/plans/growing-data/

There's a catch though... you only get that 5GB after a year and a half.