I jumped from T-Mobile to Sprint!

markjcc

For some reason my browser won't let me quote and it's killing me! Anyway, richy, that's just roaming on Verizon voice and SMS, right? Essentially no data and MMS? (At least, that's my understanding.)

• Like 1

For some reason my browser won't let me quote and it's killing me! Anyway, richy, that's just roaming on Verizon voice and SMS, right? Essentially no data and MMS? (At least, that's my understanding.)

1x data

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 1

Lets hope that sprint plans to take some 800Mhz if a company wants to unload some non-contiguous spectrum after they spend a boatload on the new 600Mhz spectrum.  Sprints new NV gear can already broadcast in those frequencies, and it should be both cheaper and faster to implement than a new band.

This thread is an odd location for this discussion, but here goes.  Assuming the 600 MHz auction does happen in the next few years, it is successful in auctioning a significant amount of spectrum, and VZW participates in the auction, winning substantial spectrum, then VZW might be willing -- though a remote possibility -- to divest some of its Cellular 850 MHz spectrum holdings.  

VZW already has perfectly nationwide low band with its Upper 700 MHz C block licenses.  That means already 10 MHz FDD band 13 across the entire VZW footprint.  VZW already has started to refarm some PCS 1900 MHz spectrum as part of its "XLTE" overlay.  But it has shown little or no indication, let alone movement on its Cellular 850 MHz spectrum.  It probably will get LTE, but it will be the last to get LTE.

Meanwhile, AT&T will not dispose of any of its Cellular 850 MHz spectrum.  AT&T already has deployed band 5 in many markets.  Plus, AT&T does not have usable low band spectrum everywhere nationwide in the same way that VZW does.  For low band LTE, AT&T has to use a patchwork of Lower 700 MHz B/C blocks for band 17 and Cellular 850 MHz for band 5.  Even that does not get AT&T low band across its whole footprint.

In the end, even if it were to make technical and financial sense for VZW to sell off some of its Cellular 850 MHz spectrum, I doubt that VZW would do it.  That would benefit a competitor.

AJ

• Like 1

Sprint should be good for you soon, infact by the time T-Mobile decided to purchase the 700A-Block from Cavalier in my area..

I'll be rolling around everywhere in my area with Sprint Spark.

And if T-Mobile wins the 600Mhz auction, i'm sure by 2019 when T-Mobile is Starting to roll it out. Sprint should have finished with their NGN plans way before 2019.

Sprint_Now_logo_RGB_300_DPI_1024x768.gif

I wasnt trying to be smart with my response. My wife is in Virginia and Sprint only offers 3g services. T-mobile is just a better option for us at this point. 

Wow, that is bad with Verizon. They ought to do something about it, or else they'll start to lose in ratings there.

It's at Costco and lunch time, lots of people on their phones and tablets.

I find almost every carrier struggles at Costco, Sprint did okay 2Mbps on B26.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Verizon has some serious congestion issues here in Hawaii.

554fe6782260f1919d5f854a32f7691d.jpg

I have a UDP mifi and its down to a crawl (band 13) 10x10 setup I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I find B13 sectors on Verizon all the time that run this slow. Especially in places where they have not deployed B4.

Using Tapatalk on BlackBerry Z30

• Like 3

Yeah, I find B13 sectors on Verizon all the time that run this slow. Especially in places where they have not deployed B4.

With what Verizon charges for service, this is very bad business. Considering their rate hike on the unlimited plan, they really have no good excuse not to fix these issues, especially if these issues have anything to do with unlimited data usage.

With what Verizon charges for service, this is very bad business. Considering their rate hike on the unlimited plan, they really have no good excuse not to fix these issues, especially if these issues have anything to do with unlimited data usage.

I find them all the time. I just happen to go to a lot of areas where it occurs. It was really bad just as they were starting their so called 'XLTE' deployment.

However, on 95%+ of VZW sectors I'm on, they are running above 5Mbps. And 75% above 10Mbps. And 50% above 20Mbps. So it's not quite as bad as it could seem from my statement.

• Like 1

When all the national reports have tested and showed that they have the most reliable network on the US. They can charge what ever they want especially if people continue to use them. Unlimited data users are probably taking a toll on the network as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 1

When all the national reports have tested and showed that they have the most reliable network on the US. They can charge what ever they want especially if people continue to use them. Unlimited data users are probably taking a toll on the network as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Actually, I like Verizon for the most part, just that these reports I hear of it not working so well in certain areas surprises me, especially in non-rural areas where my friend Kevin lives. He has Verizon and often gets 1xrtt.

• Like 1

Actually, I like Verizon for the most part, just that these reports I hear of it not working so well in certain areas surprises me, especially in non-rural areas where my friend Kevin lives. He has Verizon and often gets 1xrtt.

There are a lot of 1x dead spots on Verizon in suburban Seattle. I'd say that AT&T is definitely the most reliable network here.

• Like 1

There are a lot of 1x dead spots on Verizon in suburban Seattle. I'd say that AT&T is definitely the most reliable network here.

Have you tried T-Mobile there? I know having alot of spectrum is only a part of what makes the network experience, though I'm intrigued by how T-Mobile is there, considering all the spectrum they have in the Pacific Northwest. If the coverage is good too, I imagine it would be great between that and the spectrum.

Have you tried T-Mobile there? I know having alot of spectrum is only a part of what makes the network experience, though I'm intrigued by how T-Mobile is there, considering all the spectrum they have in the Pacific Northwest. If the coverage is good too, I imagine it would be great between that and the spectrum.

They're ok from what I've seen. The thing is, the geography of the puget sound area is hilly and there are trees literally everywhere and they're dense. T-Mobile is good where there's coverage but I feel like in most places when I look at a T-Mobile phone I see 1-2 bars LTE, 4G or Edge in some cases. Part of that is that I live in a forest and most of the places I go to are bad coverage-wise overall, but compared to the other carriers, they're pretty good.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...