Sprint Offers Static IP for Devices

matt7701

i thought this has been an option for years?  Google seems to bring up discussions that backs this up.  As far as use, i assume it will be an actual public IP address and not the normal NAT IP addresses they give out normally.

i thought this has been an option for years? Google seems to bring up discussions that backs this up. As far as use, i assume it will be an actual public IP address and not the normal NAT IP addresses they give out normally.

Up until the beginning of this year, it was not available on my account.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

Up until the beginning of this year, it was not available on my account.

you mean to add via the website?  i think you always needed to call in to request it.

you mean to add via the website? i think you always needed to call in to request it.

Yeah, online. I never knew they offered it before that.

Static IPs are great for business customers, as they can be tied into Sprint's DataLink service and offer addressable IPs from the customer's own IP pool, to make their mobile devices a true extension of their wireline network.

• Like 2

We've used these at work since at least 2009, our mobile techs sometimes require them for access to a customers system, most don't require them but a few do.

Is there any compelling reason to have this service at the consumer level? I understand business applications but I'm not quite sure why anyone else would need this.

It's nice to see that they don't price gouge this option like Comcast does.

Note: That price doesn't include their business gateway that you are required to lease @ $10+/mo if you're using a static IP.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any compelling reason to have this service at the consumer level? I understand business applications but I'm not quite sure why anyone else would need this.

There are services, such as home monitoring/IP Webcam services, that use an IP whitelist.

• 3 years later...