Well Sprint came through, for a current customer.....props given

floorguy

Well as much as I bitched and moaned about sprint needing to take care of current customers, instead of always giving to the "new" custys..

THEY DID IT!!!!

Got a text a few days ago, and didnt think much of it....till today i was in the store checking on those 2 G2s I got took on :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry: ...   (more in a min)   Anyway I asked the guy about it....he said he heard they might be sending out something to certain customers to head off people leaving...(though he didnt  know what the criteria would be)   but those who might be tempted by T-mobiles deal...

So i called and asked the lady, and she informed i was correct in how i read it...AND you can of course buy the bigger data bucket if you would like, and still waive the $15 fee per line :tu:  :tu:  :tu:  :tu:  :tu:  :tu:  :tu:     HOW FREAKING SWEET IS THAT???

Screenshot_2014-12-18-16-13-00.png

So the G2s, so back in like aug or sept, i bought a couple phones, and ended up getting took and buying bad esn phones  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:   (it WONT happen again)  But after reading around the web it looked like they do in fact release them after sometime....I read like 6 mths to a year....but these things are in MINT condition, so i thought, well they are triband, and spanky new ill hold out....

CHRISTMAS MIRACLE.....So i had gone in to ask the guy to check them out...just cuz.....and the 1st 1 was good :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t: ....so ran out to my truck grabbed the 2nd and  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:

they are both unlocked and ready to be activated!!!!  DONE.....need less to say my daughter was pretty happy...

3 mths was all

all in all it was a good day....and this promo brought my love for sprint, back to a high note....

hey hows the best way to send a thanks to Marcel anyway???

• Like 2

hey hows the best way to send a thanks to Marcel anyway???

Get him a lentil or a raisin.

AJ

• 2 weeks later...

They did this for the shared plan my family is on. We used to have the 1500 minutes shared everything and unlimited data plan. We have four lines for a total of 100 dollars a month plus taxes. They did waive the access charge. Curiously though, when we open the sprint zone app on our phones, the allotment for data is 40gb rather than 20gb. Asked a rep and they said it was part of the promotion.

post-40696-141972436657_thumb.png

• Like 2

They did this for the shared plan my family is on. We used to have the 1500 minutes shared everything and unlimited data plan. We have four lines for a total of 100 dollars a month plus taxes. They did waive the access charge. Curiously though, when we open the sprint zone app on our phones, the allotment for data is 40gb rather than 20gb. Asked a rep and they said it was part of the promotion.

I've been thinking about contacting Sprint to see if I can switch from ED1500 Family and still have the access charge waived for my 6 lines.  The problem is, I just upgraded to the G3 back in July and used my subsidized upgrade.  Will this reduce the possibility of Sprint waiving the access fees?  Also, does this include legal tethering?

Hotspot is included. I have been using it at the cafes when wifi bandwidth is spread too thin. My Dad's and Brother's lines were upgraded with a 2 year contract a month before switching the family over to the share pack. I upgraded to a galaxy S5 in July. I am not sure what the limit is to the ammount of lines for the share pack.

Hotspot is included. I have been using it at the cafes when wifi bandwidth is spread too thin. My Dad's and Brother's lines were upgraded with a 2 year contract a month before switching the family over to the share pack. I upgraded to a galaxy S5 in July. I am not sure what the limit is to the ammount of lines for the share pack.

Great!  Thanks for the reply.  Did you call or go to a Sprint store to make the change?

when did you switch???  

man i want the free double up on data.....

i thought it was only for the $130 for the what like 60gb

when did you switch???

man i want the free double up on data.....

i thought it was only for the $130 for the what like 60gb

This would be our second full month on the plan. Even when line fees kick in at the end of next year, we will still save about 100 dollars a month from the previous plan. We have never gone over 8gb between the four of us so it made sense to switch.

I've been thinking about contacting Sprint to see if I can switch from ED1500 Family and still have the access charge waived for my 6 lines. The problem is, I just upgraded to the G3 back in July and used my subsidized upgrade. Will this reduce the possibility of Sprint waiving the access fees? Also, does this include legal tethering?

As long as you signed a contract before aug 22 you are good.
  • Like 1

I am locked into a 2yr, and even know I can't get more than one bar on 4g LTE, the 3 g still gives me full bars, so I'm happy, maybe if I got rid of my m7 " dinosaur " as someone put it, I would get higher speeds.....

I am locked into a 2yr, and even know I can't get more than one bar on 4g LTE, the 3 g still gives me full bars, so I'm happy, maybe if I got rid of my m7 " dinosaur " as someone put it, I would get higher speeds.....

Having access to B26 and B41 makes a huge difference.

• Like 1

I called and was shot down on waiving of the $15/line.  They said it was a promotional offer.  I may call Account Services to see if they can do anything for me.  Perhaps it could just be that I need to play CSR Roulette.  Some may know more than others.

Apparently this is only for targeted accounts.  I got 4 different answers in the same number of phone calls.  I was told I could add a tablet for free and be eligible and have the access fees waived, then I'm told I can't.  I'm so frustrated.  Their customer service still needs a lot of help.  The supervisor told me that because we used 21GB of data, we weren't targeted as the promotion has to be the 20GB plan.  I say that's ridiculous.

This does not benefit me at all unless the have a cheaper family plan with unlimited data that's the only way I would change my plan on my line alone I use about 20gb to 25gb a month but together my wife and I use about 35gb any pointers on plans that would help me save will be grateful

Sorry if already posted, but here is a pretty good deal for current Sprint customers looking to upgrade, if you're OK with lease: Just $5 per month Galaxy S 5 and iPhone 6/6+.

https://www.sprint.com/landings/loyalty/loyaltypays.html

Thats all nice and all but loyalty isnt fair game anymore, they took away that program they USED to have for customers (I think over 10 years for being a customer). 

Thats all nice and all but loyalty isnt fair game anymore, they took away that program they USED to have for customers (I think over 10 years for being a customer). 

Yup, that went away when the iPhone came on board.