EVO 4G LTE supported bands

Band 2 is the PCS A-F blocks, while Band 25 is PCS G (the nationwide block where Sprint LTE is lighting up first). That gives Sprint the flexibility to put LTE on its lower PCS bands if needed as well. Might also allow some LTE roaming opportunities with MetroPCS.

There's no technical reason not to support both Band 2 and Band 25, since they're adjacent spectrum-wise, silly E-UTRA nomenclature notwithstanding, so hopefully the Galaxy Nexus and Viper will also support both.

• Like 2

Band 2 is the PCS A-F blocks, while Band 25 is PCS G (the nationwide block where Sprint LTE is lighting up first). That gives Sprint the flexibility to put LTE on its lower PCS bands if needed as well. Might also allow some LTE roaming opportunities with MetroPCS.

There's no technical reason not to support both Band 2 and Band 25, since they're adjacent spectrum-wise, silly E-UTRA nomenclature notwithstanding, so hopefully the Galaxy Nexus and Viper will also support both.

The GNex does...https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=824008&typ=8374&fcc_id=%27A3LSPHL700%27

So does the Viper. But I cannot find that FCC OET in a quick search.

Robert

Band 2 is the PCS A-F blocks, while Band 25 is PCS G (the nationwide block where Sprint LTE is lighting up first).

Nope, not exactly. Band class 25 is a superset band class that wholly encompasses band class 2. In short, band class 25 is PCS blocks A-G, while band class 2 is only PCS A-F blocks. So, a device that supports band class 25 by definition also supports band class 2 (but not the other way around).

AJ

• Like 4

Nope, not exactly. Band class 25 is a superset band class that wholly encompasses band class 2. In short, band class 25 is PCS blocks A-G, while band class 2 is only PCS A-F blocks. So, a device that supports band class 25 by definition also supports band class 2 (but not the other way around).

Hmm. What I get for believing Wikipedia. B)

• Like 1

Hmm. What I get for believing Wikipedia. B)

see gotta word spectrum things in a ? b/c AJ knows wayyyyyyyy more than anyone ive ever had a conversation about that stuff before...its unreal. I'm amazed every time how he retained all of that knowledge! :)

• Like 2

The GNex does...https://fjallfoss.fc...27A3LSPHL700%27

So does the Viper. But I cannot find that FCC OET in a quick search.

Robert

AJ

quoted you both to get your attention on this ?

http://www.engadget....voice-hands-on/

Sprint's HD Voice:

they stated :

...The smartphone uses dual microphones, along with encoders and decoders to capture and transmit your voice from one equipped device to another -- that's right, for now, you and another caller will both need to be using this specific handset, paired with compatible network access points, which Sprint will begin rolling out shortly as part of its "Network Vision." ...

Anyone have any idea what part of NetworkVision has to do with enabling this technology exactly?......

• Like 1

I know this doesnt answer your "HD Voice" question, but this is the fine print Re "HD Voice" from the Sprint website: ."HD Voice requires a call between two HD Voice capable handsets on an HD Voice capable Sprint network. Sprint expects to deploy HD Voice capable networks in the future as part of its Network Vision upgrades."

Whatever it is, Im looking forward to it, the two reviews I've seen of it (Phandroid and Engadget) say it works quite well.

Edit: So, my question is: how were they demoing this if it requires Network Vision to operate? COW? Was NV live at the event? Humm?

Anyone have any idea what part of NetworkVision has to do with enabling this technology exactly?......

The technology is EVRC-NW, a successor to the current EVRC codecs that can convey twice the vocal frequency range of those current codecs. The connection to Network Vision is tangential, at best. Basically, the MSCs just have to be configured to support the new codec.

AJ

• Like 6

Here is some good info on the EVO 4G LTE's "HD Voice." Based on what I got out of this, the 3x to 4x capacity that Network Vision brings with its 1x-Advanced technology will come in very handy, as HD Voice uses a higher bitrate to increase the voice frequency response.

Good info on HD Voice here:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5726/sprint-hd-voice-on-htc-evo-4g-lte-is-evrcnw-1x-advanced

• Like 2