Ping and core balancing.

Basically my ping is never below 90 ms. Not that that's bad but T-Mobile in my area gets around 28-40 ms. It's more responsive and fast in loading data in that sense. Does this have anything to do with NV and the way LTE cores are balanced on Sprint's network? I would think work like that on cores would be done for my market. (Austin) 34d588306bfaf430e47d3ae122175a91.jpg

Sent from my Shiny Band 41 capable Space Gray iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Basically my ping is never below 90 ms. Not that that's bad but T-Mobile in my area gets around 28-40 ms. It's more responsive and fast in loading data in that sense. Does this have anything to do with NV and the way LTE cores are balanced on Sprint's network? I would think work like that on cores would be done for my market. (Austin)

It is highly variable.  Sprint LTE pings are between 20-90ms on average.  Backhaul is the biggest factor in the ping times.  Sprint does use dynamic routing to cores.  So if one is down or experiencing a slow down, it can be re-routed somewhere else.  

Sprint requires at setup new LTE sites be a minimum of 90ms.  Or the site is failed.  However, after taking over a site, there are reasons why ping can later exceed 90ms because of Sprint network management schemes.  Like dynamic rerouting.

I have had some T-Mobile LTE sites that are on microwave chains be over 100ms.  And where I live, VZW pings tend t be 70-120ms on LTE.  It just depends on where you are and where your data ends up going.  Highly variable on every network, really.  But in my observations, on the whole, Tmo has the lowest pings on average.  But all LTE networks I use all fall within very good ping ranges.

• Like 3

I think it's dynamic routing in my case then :( darn it. In experience I've seen pings of 45-50 for brief periods of time and then it goes back up to 90-110. Maybe it will go away with time.

I think it's dynamic routing in my case then :( darn it. In experience I've seen pings of 45-50 for brief periods of time and then it goes back up to 90-110. Maybe it will go away with time.

It should. Sprint is still upgrading their cores for more capacity. So in the interim there is am lot more moving around than there will be after all the network upgrades are complete. This will lower pings. Some markets have already stabilized with lower and more consistent pings.
  • Like 1

I generally see pings of 29 to 65ms on Band 26 from 7+ miles away from the tower on 2 different towers I connect to.  I have noticed my B26 pings were quicker than B25.  But any who I think 29 was my fastest one I have seen on sprint!