iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Plug your phone into your PC/Mac, open iTunes (import music to iTunes if you haven't already), and then you can select your phone on a side menu and it'll show a tab for music, and you can sync all or sync what you chose.

Yep, it had to remove the old library synced on the phone, because it came from an iCloud backup.

Has Apple finally enabled users to delete music off their devices directly without iTunes?

Yep, it had to remove the old library synced on the phone, because it came from an iCloud backup.

Has Apple finally enabled users to delete music off their devices directly without iTunes?

I do this all the time.  You can also delete all music quickly as well.  

Looks like they're pushing for people to use beta photo library. I hope the photos app is coming to Mac soon. It looked pretty good in the preview.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1418697826.678298.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

I have enough of my personal information on the internet. No way am I doing the same with my photos. I keep ignoring it.

• Like 2

I have enough of my personal information on the internet. No way am I doing the same with my photos. I keep ignoring it.

I back up to iCloud, but that's because I never sync to my computer these days.... Apple is hopefully more secure than others. Another reason I don't want to jailbreak.

I back up to iCloud, but that's because I never sync to my computer these days.... Apple is hopefully more secure than others. Another reason I don't want to jailbreak.

I was doing backups to iCloud, but I've left that with my phone and my iPad sometimes gets that chance, but not much anymore. In fact, I'm ready to dump my iPad and sell it because it's just too slow in almost everything anymore. 1st Gen mini's are just molasses. :td:

I use that for my photos. It's incredibly convenient and easy. I'm obsessed with having things backed up. It's also nice that it stores a smaller version of it on your phone which takes up much less space. When you open it, it downloads the full version. And, you can't beat 20gb for $1/month.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I use that for my photos. It's incredibly convenient and easy. I'm obsessed with having things backed up. It's also nice that it stores a smaller version of it on your phone which takes up much less space. When you open it, it downloads the full version. And, you can't beat 20gb for $1/month.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

i have the 20 gb. Got it the day it was available because I was tired of deleting photos for back ups. Now I haven't changed my iCloud settings for a while and still have plenty of iCloud space.

As for the beta photo library. How does that impact your battery? I take a lot of pictures, and I would hate to be in one of the less good areas here for service and have my battery drain 5% as it tries to upload a gigantic photo over slow LTE or 3G..... Especially if I take a lot of them at a time, which I often do. I think I had some 70 pics by the time I got off the safari ride at Disneys animal kingdom lol.

i have the 20 gb. Got it the day it was available because I was tired of deleting photos for back ups. Now I haven't changed my iCloud settings for a while and still have plenty of iCloud space.

As for the beta photo library. How does that impact your battery? I take a lot of pictures, and I would hate to be in one of the less good areas here for service and have my battery drain 5% as it tries to upload a gigantic photo over slow LTE or 3G..... Especially if I take a lot of them at a time, which I often do. I think I had some 70 pics by the time I got off the safari ride at Disneys animal kingdom lol.

Photos and videos only upload on wifi. So if you're out, and take 30 pictures, you'll notice it says something along the lines of "30 photos to upload. Waiting for wifi connection." I also love it because it keeps everything in the right folders (if you use folders). It restores to an exact copy which is great because just adding the photos to the iCloud backup never did that.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Photos and videos only upload on wifi. So if you're out, and take 30 pictures, you'll notice it says something along the lines of "30 photos to upload. Waiting for wifi connection." I also love it because it keeps everything in the right folders (if you use folders). It restores to an exact copy which is great because just adding the photos to the iCloud backup never did that.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Excellent. Good precautions to conserve battery life on apples part...at least until LTE gets as fast as wifi in most places.

Excellent. Good precautions to conserve battery life on apples part...at least until LTE gets as fast as wifi in most places.

Not everyone has unlimited data, so I doubt Apple will stray from this wifi uploading method.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1

I need some help... How do you create a new topic in tapatalk? It used to be a clear + button but now it's gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to the forum you want to create the topic in, press the three dots, then "new topic."

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I just started putting my photos and videos on Amazon Cloud Drive Photos. Free unlimited storage for Prime members, so it seemed like a good, safe bet.

I also have all of my photos on Flickr.

Basically, photos and videos are the one thing I want to make sure I never lose - my kids will hate me later. :lol:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

There are lots of different third party cloud services. I need the ease of use and OS implementation that Apple provides. It's just better, and the reason why I don't use android. If I want to backup my stuff, I don't want to have to do it through some other app with a separate login.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1

Finally, after a 12 week wait my IPhone has shipped. Now if Sprint would just light up their LTE in my area it would make a great Christmas.

I'm so sorry you had to wait so long. At least it finally shipped!

• Like 2

I just started putting my photos and videos on Amazon Cloud Drive Photos. Free unlimited storage for Prime members, so it seemed like a good, safe bet.

I also have all of my photos on Flickr.

Basically, photos and videos are the one thing I want to make sure I never lose - my kids will hate me later. :lol:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's actually pretty smart. I have prime too (the $50 student membership) and totally forgot about unlimited photo storage. I could throw about 15 gb of photos on there from my laptop and free up some space.....But uploading them to cloud always scares me because I would hate to lose them if something happens on their end. They are just photos, but they still.

• Like 1

Anyone use Dropbox? I got in on a promo awhile ago so I have 50gb to use for I think 2 years and I only have 3% used up. Never had any issues with it and it works on any OS so for those that hop between devices it's perfect.

I use it for various things. Since it works with everything, I sometimes use it instead of a USB memory stick just because it's so easily accessible from most places.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Anyone use Dropbox? I got in on a promo awhile ago so I have 50gb to use for I think 2 years and I only have 3% used up. Never had any issues with it and it works on any OS so for those that hop between devices it's perfect.

I have 2 Box accounts with 50GB each, but there is a file size limit to them. My Dropbox is 4.88GB, and when the College Space Race promotion they had a few years back was going, I got 8GB free. I think it is temporary though. I use Dropbox to host all my pictures I upload on here from my computer, unless I upload them from Tapatalk.

• Like 1

I have 2 Box accounts with 50GB each, but there is a file size limit to them. My Dropbox is 4.88GB, and when the College Space Race promotion they had a few years back was going, I got 8GB free. I think it is temporary though. I use Dropbox to host all my pictures I upload on here from my computer, unless I upload them from Tapatalk.

I have the same 2 box accounts and there is a limit. Nothing over 250mb per upload really annoying when you're doing big videos. Have to cut and all kinds of stuff. Dropbox is better but it's expensive and I'd rather not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk