iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

A friend of mine on AT&T ordered a 128 GB 6 Plus on 10/4. His estimated ship date was 11/18-11/28. AT&T just updated his order page to an estimated delivery of 12/12-12/19. That's over 2 months of waiting for the device. Safe to say he is very aggravated.

-Anthony

• Like 1

A friend of mine on AT&T ordered a 128 GB 6 Plus on 10/4. His estimated ship date was 11/18-11/28. AT&T just updated his order page to an estimated delivery of 12/12-12/19. That's over 2 months of waiting for the device. Safe to say he is very aggravated.

-Anthony

Amazing. I would've canceled my order and just went with the 6 lol.

• Like 1

-Anthony

And people were complaining how long it took for the Sprint variant to arrive? 

• Like 3

I went to apple to replace my 6 because of the constant rebooting and blue screen. So when she handed me my phone I put the sim in and it asked me what carrier I used. Was this a unlocked iPhone I'm assuming? But now I have a new issue. My sim is now locked. how was it even possible to lock my sim up if I selected sprint?

I went to apple to replace my 6 because of the constant rebooting and blue screen. So when she handed me my phone I put the sim in and it asked me what carrier I used. Was this a unlocked iPhone I'm assuming? But now I have a new issue. My sim is now locked. how was it even possible to lock my sim up if I selected sprint?

That happens. The phone will lock the sim because it needs to be authorized through Sprint again. This happened to me last year when I was replacing a 5 my sim locked. I had to go to a corporate store and have them unlock it.

That happens. The phone will lock the sim because it needs to be authorized through Sprint again. This happened to me last year when I was replacing a 5 my sim locked. I had to go to a corporate store and have them unlock it.

Pretty sure this happened to my brother the other day when he got his phone replaced. Apple just gave him a new sim lol

-Anthony

I would've cancelled the order and just waited for the stores to restock. All Apple stores are restocking for the holiday rush.

Pretty sure this happened to my brother the other day when he got his phone replaced. Apple just gave him a new sim lol

Apple couldn't give me a new SIM for whatever reason they just told me to go to Sprint.

Man...I will try customer service first...I really don't want to go to a corporate store...

Man...I will try customer service first...I really don't want to go to a corporate store...

That works too, they're gonna ask for the sim information so be ready and have it ejected.

I would've cancelled the order and just waited for the stores to restock. All Apple stores are restocking for the holiday rush.

He would, but he ordered it through Next and the only way they'll let him get a phone through Next at an Apple Store is if he was a new customer, which he isn't. He just called every AT&T store within a 50 mile radius of us (which is a lot of stores) and all of them only have 16 GB models. I feel for the dude.

-Anthony

-Anthony

I ordered mine on 9/30 and got the first extension email at 5 weeks. People who ordered before me are reporting the they are receiving a second shipping delay email. That will push it to 12 weeks or longer wait. I have been calling Apple every day and as yet they do not have the 6+ in the 128G space gray model.

• Like 1

I started getting some strange errors last night on my phone, so I had to cancel the jailbreak/commcenter patch/custom carrier bundle. I upgraded to 8.1.1. Jailbreaking doesn't have much of a point these days, and the carrier bundle didn't do anything.

3691071e1efdfe315d86e3b1884b6cd4.jpg9a3ee93ef323f39c77a9d91609bc0d21.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6

Why does the iPhone have a really good band 41 eirp? Was thinking ofgetting the nexus 6 but that is really holding me back.

Yes.. The 6 locks onto b41 and holds it about as good or better than the nexus 5.

Results may vary of course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm in LA/OC and have a long commute to and fro. I've entered Field Test Mode on my 6 during my commute just to check connection, and I seem connected to B41 about 60 percent of the time on average. Original Clear plus scattered 8T8R installs, and mixed freeway/surface street driving. Divide B25 and EVDO roughly evenly for the rest of the time with B25 in a slight lead. Not too shabby for an incomplete market with no B26.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

EDIT: This is my experience with NO streaming, I believe Robert discussed the LTE scan issues when streaming in another thread...although when my phone is fully buffered it switches back to LTE again within about a minute.

• Like 2

So, I was at the Sprint store today here in Fredericksburg, VA when I noticed something on the phones in the store. I saw that they had the Spark symbol at the top. So, I went ahead to run a speed test thinking "There's no way sprint has spark up here already" and sure enough the first speed test was 55mpbs down and then this:10833553_952838104728995_8653721_n.jpg?o

and I checked all the htc one m8's and they all had the spark connection along with all the galaxy S5's. Then i see my phone is still just on band 25 getting less than 1mbps (very congested area). it made me wonder if there was something wrong with my phone or if they just have to push an update out the the iphones or what? The only reason I got my iPhone 6+ 2 weeks ago was because I was lead to believe that it supported band 41. So, now I'm here wondering if the iPhone actually works with Sprint Spark. And I was with my girlfriend getting her family switched over to sprint and her brother got the S5 and his phone seemed to connect to spark just fine. Am I delusional or is there something wrong with my phone?

Note: The tower is literally right across the street from the sprint store. Less than a tenth of a mile away.

And I don't know if there is any band 26 up around here, but I have never seen my phone connected to that either.

Edited by bipbapbam

So, I was at the Sprint store today here in Fredericksburg, VA when I noticed something on the phones in the store. I saw that they had the Spark symbol at the top. So, I went ahead to run a speed test thinking "There's no way sprint has spark up here already" and sure enough the first speed test was 55mpbs down and then this:

and I checked all the htc one m8's and they all had the spark connection along with all the galaxy S5's. Then i see my phone is still just on band 25 getting less than 1mbps (very congested area). it made me wonder if there was something wrong with my phone or if they just have to push an update out the the iphones or what? The only reason I got my iPhone 6+ 2 weeks ago was because I was lead to believe that it supported band 41. So, now I'm here wondering if the iPhone actually works with Sprint Spark. And I was with my girlfriend getting her family switched over to sprint and her brother got the S5 and his phone seemed to connect to spark just fine. Am I delusional or is there something wrong with my phone?

Note: The tower is literally right across the street from the sprint store. Less than a tenth of a mile away.

And I don't know if there is any band 26 up around here, but I have never seen my phone connected to that either.

The spinning icon just means lte connected if it's spinning then data is being used. You would have to look at the engineering screens or use a program like SignalCheck Pro(LTE discovery is good too) on android to see if it is on band 41. Iphone 6 can connect to band 41 and band 26 you can look at this thread for user experience with band 41 on iphone.

So, I was at the Sprint store today...

Try the usual: 1) dialing ##update# 2) rebooting the phone by holding power+home until you see the apple logo. Also, make sure you don't have an active data session going in the background, i.e. Closing all apps. Your phone won't scan for band 41 until the connection goes idle. Lastly, there are forums around the web about some Sprint iPhone 6/6+ users are experiencing problems connecting to spark, or having your phone switch to band 26 from 25 (I'm one of these users). Sprint claims they know, and that a fix is slated to be released before the end of the year.

Sent from my iPhone 6

@Vince

Yes, I did the update and reboot and all that good stuff while I was at the sprint store. Nothing helped. What kind of fix are the looking at? A prl update? And is it only an iPhone issue?

You're positive that the other devices were on B41 and you were stuck on B25? How long were you there? Did you allow your iPhone to idle for a little while? In order to switch bands, you can't have an active data session (exception being when you run out of a particular signal).