iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Seemingly, every iPhone hater is either a so called expert or a wireless moron.

I have a proven track record -- no "so called" necessary.  Thanks.

;)

AJ

• Like 5

Because it's a great device? I don't get the constant hate towards the iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Seemingly, every iPhone hater is either a so called expert or a wireless moron.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Hatred not so much, its a good phone but there are other devices that can benefit from such plans and their users feel left out. Plus the fact that there are other devices that offer the same or better features and yet all you hear from most of the media and online discussion forums that the iPhone is king.  

Hatred not so much, its a good phone but there are other devices that can benefit from such plans and their users feel left out. Plus the fact that there are other devices that offer the same or better features and yet all you hear from most of the media and online discussion forums that the iPhone is king.

I appreciate your frustration. I don't appreciate the fact that people seem to blame iPhone users for being pandered to. Comments of moronic behavior should be directed toward Sprint in this matter.

Very well said.  I doubt that I can put it much more diplomatically than twospirits has already done.  But, as I have stated before, iPhone adherents need to acknowledge the damage that Apple has inflicted -- with its exclusionary practices -- on domestic wireless competition in markets around the world and done to CDMA2000 viability in the North America.  That is bad -- all in the name of a phone that many ignorant people see as the end all, be all.

AJ

I appreciate your frustration. I don't appreciate the fact that people seem to blame iPhone users for being pandered to. Comments of moronic behavior should be directed toward Sprint in this matter.

Frustration? Not once did I say I was frustrated. lol nope, none whatsoever. But one doesn't even have to look beyond Sprints and Softbank for an example. Both companies went above and beyond the norm for having the device on their networks and now are offering a unique plan no one else has offered. So by definition of the word, yes they are pandering to the crowd, in this case iPhone users or potential iPhone users.

Pandering:

the act of expressing one's view in accordance with the likes of a group to which one is attempting to appeal. 

TS

I really want to respond, but I feel we iPhone users are a peaceful group. I don't want to initiate a flame war about who's phone is cooler. It's sort of sad that admins get to bash iPhones, and the plans that Sprint is offering (which has nothing to do with the dozens of users in here), but if an anti-android rant gets posted somewhere, it would most likely be deleted by said administrators.

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 1

I really want to respond, but I feel we iPhone users are a peaceful group. I don't want to initiate a flame war about who's phone is cooler. It's sort of sad that admins get to bash iPhones, and the plans that Sprint is offering (which has nothing to do with the dozens of users in here), but if an anti-android rant gets posted somewhere, it would most likely be deleted by said administrators.

Sent from my iPhone 6

To be honest I have no problem with people not liking iPhones. I just have a problem with some of the borderline personal attacks towards those that do like iPhones or who wish to take advantage the offers Sprint is providing. That gets kind of personal. I am not my phone man I am a person! [emoji22]

Edited by AppleFanBoy

Anyone having issues with really slow data speeds? I can't do much of anything on my phone anymore because it's so bad. I've updated it through ##update# and resetting the network settings and both have helped bat it always goes back to being slow as hell. I'm on a b41 tower so I definitely shouldn't be having these issues.

Anyone having issues with really slow data speeds? I can't do much of anything on my phone anymore because it's so bad. I've updated it through ##update# and resetting the network settings and both have helped bat it always goes back to being slow as hell. I'm on a b41 tower so I definitely shouldn't be having these issues.

Nope.

a01d18c7ad984f6f9c1ef943d00cc303.jpg

Have really good data service in Lindsay, CA tonight.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Are there any other triband users in your group of family or friends that can help verify whether or not it's a network issue or phone issue? Is it widespread or only a certain tower?

Sent from my iPhone 6

I did have a similar problem last night around 8-9 PM in Menomonee Falls.  There didn't seem to be an issue this morning.

Are there any other triband users in your group of family or friends that can help verify whether or not it's a network issue or phone issue? Is it widespread or only a certain tower?

Sent from my iPhone 6

I'll test out b41 later and see what happens.

Come on, the iPhone deserves the dislike it receives.  That the iPhone gets special plan perks and that just about every other handset you see out in the wild is an iPhone become nauseating.  Now, if you would like some company, the same is becoming true of Samsung Galaxy devices.

AJ

There are days when I just wish I could go back to my old Blackberry 8830...email, texts, calls, and the occasional choppy website. Oh, times were so much simpler back then - and nobody cared what kind of phone I had!

• Like 1

Come on, the iPhone deserves the dislike it receives. That the iPhone gets special plan perks and that just about every other handset you see out in the wild is an iPhone become nauseating. Now, if you would like some company, the same is becoming true of Samsung Galaxy devices.

AJ

So it's the users fault Apple and sprint chose to team up and market the phone so they could sell more of them? Shouldn't you be mad at Samsung or the other manufacturers for not wanting/doing the same then?

It sure fits the bill better than an "lg G3 for life" or "nexus for life" plan. The masses don't care about devices like that. The iphone is mainstream, popular, and a gold mine for carriers, and they know it. That's why it receives special plans.

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 1

Back on topic. Wasn't iOS 8 supposed to have a feature where you could "leave" those annoying mass messages that friends start up? Every time I see the option to "leave group," it's grayed out. I do, however, see a "mute conversation" toggle switch in the message details. Has anyone ever successfully "left" a mass sms?

Sent from my iPhone 6

Back on topic. Wasn't iOS 8 supposed to have a feature where you could "leave" those annoying mass messages that friends start up? Every time I see the option to "leave group," it's grayed out. I do, however, see a "mute conversation" toggle switch in the message details. Has anyone ever successfully "left" a mass sms?

Sent from my iPhone 6

I have the option on all of my group messages. 

I just read up on it. Apparently, you can only leave if all participants are using iMessage and have iOS 8 installed. Meh.

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 1

Sent from my iPhone 6

Are they MMS or imessage??