iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

I actually connected to 1x800 today... I noticed a 5 bar signal more than half a mile from the site (this never happens unless I can physically see the cell site :P) so I checked field test and sure enough the Band Class said "Secondary 800 MHz". Then the light changed to green so I couldn't get a screenshot. :(

Glad to hear that, maybe the tide will finally turn for us iPhone users and 1x800.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

Just connected to 1x800 on iPhone 6emy6ehy8.jpg

iPhone 6uja8ybyg.jpg

The question is now that the iPhone is getting 1x800.. At what conditions is this going to happen... Where Iam the signal is so good in most areas 1x800 might not be a priority..... Explanations are welcome???

Good to see someone just debunked the iPhone 6 can't do it!!

Same as before. I wonder what's changed.

In my experience, it seems that with the 6/6+ 1900 hangs on in places where the 5/5s used to grab 800, and 800 kicks in where there used to be no service. I'm sitting right next to my coworker who has AT&T, he has no service and I have a -94 1x800 signal.
  • Like 2

In my experience, it seems that with the 6/6+ 1900 hangs on in places where the 5/5s used to grab 800, and 800 kicks in where there used to be no service. I'm sitting right next to my coworker who has AT&T, he has no service and I have a -94 1x800 signal.

i still literally never pick up 1x800

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

I can't wait for apple pay to pave the way for NFC payments.

While many will mention nfc pay has been around 2-3 years -that doesn't matter at all. First, only around 10% of Android users have even tried Google wallet.. Meaning people aren't convinced that using it is good for them and or they don't care... This is good news for anyone entering nfc.. Because there is TONS of room for growth in nfc..

Also Google and Apples approach is different... Google in one way has started in essence their own bank which seems threatening to the bigger banking powers while Apple has instead made deals with established powers in a less threatening alliance with the big players... The approach itself could allow growth in areas despite Walmart and best buy pushing their own systems and blackballing Apple pay... Apple has started off with some good partners and big players

Ok, I must be missing something.  People are showing PRL but I have Carrier in that spot.  It is showing Sprint 17.1. 

Tapping 'Sprint 17.1' gives lots of goodies.

Tapping 'Sprint 17.1' gives lots of goodies.

Please explain... My phone says 17. 1 also and sometimes when I turn off LTE and look for 1x800 it gives no number at all where 800 would be pcs or otherwise... Or says 'bad value'.... What's the deal with 17. 1

Please explain... My phone says 17. 1 also and sometimes when I turn off LTE and look for 1x800 it gives no number at all where 800 would be pcs or otherwise... Or says 'bad value'.... What's the deal with 17. 1

I'm not sure. While in Field Test, turn on airplane mode and turn it off, and see if that fixes it.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

I'm not sure. While in Field Test, turn on airplane mode and turn it off, and see if that fixes it.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Yeah I've already done this... In some areas it won't show me any data tell me if it's pcs or not but usually it'll say pcs or just have nothing listed... Why does my phone say sprint 17. 1 but have no prl code? Does 17. 1 have any benefit

Either way, I don't understand why the iPhone refuses to use a 1x800 signal.

I beleive AJ answered this for us a while back and it is believed to be that the iphone (all iterations at have support for 800 1x) due not use CSFB.  I am not as technical as him so please forgive me, but he explained that potentially is the reason why the phone does not want to connect. If I remember correctly, once 800 1x is readily available in the whole country, 1900 1x could be swapped for 800 1x.

While many will mention nfc pay has been around 2-3 years -that doesn't matter at all. First, only around 10% of Android users have even tried Google wallet.. Meaning people aren't convinced that using it is good for them and or they don't care... This is good news for anyone entering nfc.. Because there is TONS of room for growth in nfc..

Also Google and Apples approach is different... Google in one way has started in essence their own bank which seems threatening to the bigger banking powers while Apple has instead made deals with established powers in a less threatening alliance with the big players... The approach itself could allow growth in areas despite Walmart and best buy pushing their own systems and blackballing Apple pay... Apple has started off with some good partners and big players

People are so weird. It is already proven that credit cards no longer safe with all the hacks. Hell I had to cancel one of mine when the target thing went down. NFC is way more secure and I don't care if apple or google is the one to make it mainstream I just want it to happen
  • Like 2

I beleive AJ answered this for us a while back and it is believed to be that the iphone (all iterations at have support for 800 1x) due not use CSFB. I am not as technical as him so please forgive me, but he explained that potentially is the reason why the phone does not want to connect. If I remember correctly, once 800 1x is readily available in the whole country, 1900 1x could be swapped for 800 1x.

It seems Aj's theory was incorrect.. The iP6 can connect to it..Read post on previous page: :A user did connect to 1x800 and posted a screen shot on post #1204 and mentioned again at post 1210 that a ATT user next to him had no service where he did have 1x800