No data connection on 1xrtt

Since upgrading to my Galaxy S5 I have noticed that when I fall back to 1xrtt I have no data connection available. The same thing happens when I'm roaming on U.S. Cellular. 1xrtt worked for data on my single band S4. Is anyone else experiencing this on tri-band handsets?

Since upgrading to my Galaxy S5 I have noticed that when I fall back to 1xrtt I have no data connection available. The same thing happens when I'm roaming on U.S. Cellular. 1xrtt worked for data on my single band S4. Is anyone else experiencing this on tri-band handsets?

I actually just noticed this on my M8. On native Sprint 1x, my phone refuses to turn on mobile data.

I have experienced very very slow data on 1xRTT, but its definitely expected.  or at least I expected that.  

I actually just noticed this on my M8. On native Sprint 1x, my phone refuses to turn on mobile data.

Hmm weird I get 1x a lot when I'm on fringe areas or in CDMA only mode with data. Guess the m8 H/K edition is quite different then the m8 regular variant. More bugs but seems OK this go around.

Ensure that domestic data roaming is enabled on the handset.  It is often disabled by default.

AJ

• Like 1

Data roaming is enabled, but even with native sprint coverage I get no data. The phone kicks out an error code. I think it was 67, I'll have to pay closer attention next time it happens.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Forced CDMA only and got this.attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1407466241724.jpg

Maybe Sprint still has more CDMA1X voice traffic than we realize, and that precludes enough bandwidth to make a CDMA1X connection to the data server.

Regardless, whatever you do, steer clear of the "Korea Mode" in your pic.  Almost a decade later, I still do not know its purpose.  But the end result is bad, really bad.

AJ

Forced CDMA only and got this.attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1407466241724.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

curious do you have an airave?

I do not have one.

I usually got that error when I did a profile update on the airave, and then went outside of the airave zone, but a new profile update outside of the airave zone fixed it usually.

Maybe Sprint still has more CDMA1X voice traffic than we realize, and that precludes enough bandwidth to make a CDMA1X connection to the data server.

Regardless, whatever you do, steer clear of the "Korea Mode" in your pic.  Almost a decade later, I still do not know its purpose.  But the end result is bad, really bad.

AJ

Wait what happens? Have you done it before?

• Like 1

AJ

I'm curious about this Korea mode as well, please allow us to learn from your actions so as that we may not be doomed to repeat them.

Ditto.

I'm in L.A., and 1x on iPhone 5S and Nexus 5 won't establish a data connection. It so consistently won't connect to data, that I'm starting to think that Sprint is blocking data over 1x (not necessarily unwise, to ensure enough bandwidth for voice).

I'm curious about this Korea mode as well, please allow us to learn from your actions so as that we may not be doomed to repeat them.

This is an old thread but it may be applicable.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/796999-Toggle-KoreaMode-!

• Like 1

Error code 67 is a provisioning problem. I've had it before after changing devices. I think its from your phone number or data credentials being incorrect in your device. If you call Sprint technical support explain the issue and give them that error code, they should be able to walk you through it.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

This is an old thread but it may be applicable.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/796999-Toggle-KoreaMode-!

Hmm, the author of that nearly decade old HowardForums thread seems vaguely familiar.  If only we could have someone that experienced here at S4GRU...

;)

AJ

Hmm, the author of that nearly decade old HowardForums thread seems vaguely familiar.  If only we could have someone that experienced here at S4GRU...

;)

AJ

Look it that....AJ lived vicariously through me...wait....I lived vicariously through AJ....wait.......... :frantic:

• Like 1

Error code 67 is a provisioning problem. I've had it before after changing devices. I think its from your phone number or data credentials being incorrect in your device. If you call Sprint technical support explain the issue and give them that error code, they should be able to walk you through it.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

wait calling in an issues and them resolving it? When did this start happening :P
  • Like 1

Does Stetson make a hat big enough?

Big hat, no cattle.

;)

AJ