DISH and nTelos Wireless Offer Fixed Internet Service To Customers in Virginia

4GHoward

DISH and nTelos Wireless are now offering a new fixed internet services to residents in Virginia including parts of Charlottesville, Waynesboro, Staunton, Harrisonburg and Roanoke.

Customers can receive the LTE signal using a BandRich ruggedized outdoor router with built-in high-gain antennas to receive the 2.5 GHz LTE signal from nTelos Wireless network sites. Customers will experience download speeds of up to 10Mbps. DISH-nTelos Wireless high-speed Internet is available for $29.99 per month when bundled with a qualifying package of DISH’s award-winning satellite TV service.

Source:

http://about.dish.com/press-release/dish-and-ntelos-wireless-offer-fixed-internet-service-customers-virginia

DISH and nTelos Wireless are now offering a new fixed internet services to residents in Virginia including parts of Charlottesville, Waynesboro, Staunton, Harrisonburg and Roanoke.

Customers can receive the LTE signal using a BandRich ruggedized outdoor router with built-in high-gain antennas to receive the 2.5 GHz LTE signal from nTelos Wireless network sites. Customers will experience download speeds of up to 10Mbps. DISH-nTelos Wireless high-speed Internet is available for $29.99 per month when bundled with a qualifying package of DISH’s award-winning satellite TV service.

Source:

http://about.dish.com/press-release/dish-and-ntelos-wireless-offer-fixed-internet-service-customers-virginia

Does anybody think that DISH might be working with nTelos in an effort to run a beta test and debug the service?  When the service looks ready for Prime-time, then they partner with Sprint in some way. nTelos might just be a good way to get a system in place, fix the issues, and not really tip off anybody of the long term plans with Sprint.   Sprint has the 2.5 spectrum nationwide and an established network of cell sites with backhaul.  They are testing with 2.5 spectrum as that is what they plan to use for a full roll-out.

Sprint has the 2.5 spectrum.

I think so... many thought dish would be the new #4, I am starting to think Dish/tmo/Sprint all together somehow... Comcast will be the 4th.... They offer TV/Broadband services.. phone services.... Att/Directv same as Comcast....Verizon... almost the same as the other 2... Its not just about cell phone service anymore.. its about mobile options or solutions however you want to put it.. Dish/tmo/sprint together puts them in the same ballpark as what the other companies are doing...   

Consolidation..... 

I am guessing there is not a small data package, making it a form of unlimited?(within reason) which isn't bad for $29.99

Dish and Sprint are trialing the same service as the one offered by Dish and nTelos.

I have heard that, maybe here on S4GRU, but I never could find any real proof like we have in nTelos territory. Is it operational anywhere in Sprint Corporate territory or just in nTelos Territory??

I have heard that, maybe here on S4GRU, but I never could find any real proof like we have in nTelos territory. Is it operational anywhere in Sprint Corporate territory or just in nTelos Territory??

Corpus Christi, Tx was the place mentioned in a few articles.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-and-dish-to-trial-fixed-wireless-broadband-service.htm

any word on if this service will be tiered as far as data usage goes?

• 2 months later...