GS5 Premium

mhammett

Any word of an S5 premium model coming soon? Something like the S4 Active.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nope. I thought Samsung said Sprint would get an S5 Active, but that could be late summer.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

Nope. I thought Samsung said Sprint would get an S5 Active, but that could be late summer.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

If we're getting one fo' sho' I may wait. May...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

I wish Samsung\Sprint would give us the 32 gig model of the S5. I don't think I can downgrade back to 16 gig internal memory and this S3 can't last forever.

I wish Samsung\Sprint would give us the 32 gig model of the S5. I don't think I can downgrade back to 16 gig internal memory and this S3 can't last forever.

Having a 128GB MicroSD to complement my 16GB S4 has been working out quite well for me. I can move all my media and most apps to the card, among other things. The S3 should also support MicroSDXC. I wouldn't say no to more internal memory though. Having a total of 192GB to work with (64GB internal + card) would be pretty nice.

I've been happy to see that expandable storage has been making a comeback this year. Last year, it seemed only Samsung and Sony still offered the option on their flagships. One thing still missing though is UHS-I support, but Class 10 speeds have so far proven good enough.

Having a 128GB MicroSD to complement my 16GB S4 has been working out quite well for me. I can move all my media and most apps to the card, among other things. The S3 should also support MicroSDXC. I wouldn't say no to more internal memory though. Having a total of 192GB to work with (64GB internal + card) would be pretty nice.

I've been happy to see that expandable storage has been making a comeback this year. Last year, it seemed only Samsung and Sony still offered the option on their flagships. One thing still missing though is UHS-I support, but Class 10 speeds have so far proven good enough.

Ever since the days of my OG Evo 4G and its 1 gig of internal memory, I have promised myself never to skimp on internal memory again. Also, having an SD card fail is never a good feeling

• Like 1

Ever since the days of my OG Evo 4G and its 1 gig of internal memory, I have promised myself never to skimp on internal memory again. Also, having an SD card fail is never a good feeling

Oh gosh, that phone was horrible memory wise!  Even with moving apps to SD!

• Like 2

1) Any rumors of a triband Mega or Note on the way? I used to make fun of them, but that real estate would be handy for RDP.

2) Could a mod rename the thread to say, "Any new Samsung handset rumors?"

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

1) Any rumors of a triband Mega or Note on the way? I used to make fun of them, but that real estate would be handy for RDP.

2) Could a mod rename the thread to say, "Any new Samsung handset rumors?"

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

i saw rumors today of the new Note 4 but the talk was about screen size and display resolution. if its introduced this fall as usual i would surprised if the sprint model did not have Triband. lack of B41 would be a serious oversight.

i saw rumors today of the new Note 4 but the talk was about screen size and display resolution. if its introduced this fall as usual i would surprised if the sprint model did not have Triband. lack of B41 would be a serious oversight.

Fall, ugh...

• 4 weeks later...

Well I suppose they people talking about the S5 active coming to sprint now are talking in a the S5 Sport page... but I really want to know if samsung will release a galaxy F or prime or whatever it ends up being called, on all the carriers here and the largest question is: Will it be worth the wait? 

We have a 'premium' metal phone in the HTC One (m8)... although it might not have the software goodies of samsung or LG's slim bezels; it is simple, elegant and quality.  

The purposed samsung premium phone would have the newer processor, possible 2K screen, possibly bigger screen, and a metal body... but everything else the same (except maybe not being able to remove the battery).  Would it really be worth waiting for it? ... or should I get the LG G3 while there is a $150 reward?

link to phone arena coverage: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-F-S5-Prime-rumor-round-up-specs-images-price-and-release-date_id57782