Samsung Galaxy S5 User Thread

LuisBOSS302

I got the update also, and signal check shows a -120db ev-do signal, even though my airave is still on...unsure on the inner workings of Wi-Fi calling, but I know it works with such readings.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Anyone else keep getting wifi calling activation error

Yeah i get the error also. Oh well. I also don't like this "power saving" icon in the status bar either.

anusy6en.jpg

Yeah i get the error also. Oh well. I also don't like this "power saving" icon in the status bar either.

anusy6en.jpg

turn off power saving.

also noticed every time I reboot or turn off and back on ill get a "system update please wait" notification.

turn off power saving.

also noticed every time I reboot or turn off and back on ill get a "system update please wait" notification.

The whole reason why I don't like it is because I always leave power saving on. Seems like a minor gripe but status bar real estate is important and limited. Why would they change this now?

Anyone else get that system update notification after reboot?

Yes. It goes away pretty quickly though. It'll say that if it's attempting to update profile or PRL, so it's no big deal, IMO.

sent from an underwater dust storm with my Sprint S5

Well, I can say that I haven't noticed any other changes in the phone signal strength or reporting, I really believe that this update was just the WiFi calling.  That's a bit unfortunate, the WiFi calling is pretty nice, but there are a few more bugs they could address on this phone.

So I logged into the WiFi calling, it said success.  Then when I touched the toggle for it, it went through the activation again.  This time it said there was a network error?  Now I can't seem to use WiFi calling?  I can't toggle it on?  Anyone see this behavior?

EDIT: Nevermind, updated PRL again and it's working now.

• Like 1

Got the update last night.

Wi-Fi calling isn't working for me, at least at work. When I try to sign in, it asks me to be located for 9-1-1 purposes. Then, when I try to save, I receive an error message telling me "Not available. Unable to connect to a network. Please move to a new location and try again."

I will try tonight off of my home network to see if it is just the security settings of our wireless network in the office.

I keep getting the same error that atm4three is getting, I have put in my address for 911 purposes and it keeps popping up, but I made a test call and it worked fine until I went out of wifi range and it dropped the call. I doubt I'll use wifi calling until they fix that, so far nothing else can tell in the update yet.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

I chated with care just now. Had me refresh the phone and they removed and readded the feature. Working perfect now. Make sure you get the wifi calling icon in the notification area. If you dont then its not working.

ute6yha5.jpg

I chated with care just now. Had me refresh the phone and they removed and readded the feature. Working perfect now. Make sure you get the wifi calling icon in the notification area. If you dont then its not working.

I wish that it didn't have to sit up there in the notification area all the time.  I mean, when you place a call, it has the WiFi icon above the phone button.  I would think that's enough?  Well, time to make another routine for Trigger to toggle that for me when I'm within these networks at work.......

EDIT: Actually, this is pretty slick.  You leave the area and the notification goes away.  There are also 0 cellular radios being used except for the WiFi, so Signalcheck doesn't show any connection to cellular because it doesn't need it.  This has to be THE ultimate battery saver.

• Like 2

Got the update last night.

Wi-Fi calling isn't working for me, at least at work. When I try to sign in, it asks me to be located for 9-1-1 purposes. Then, when I try to save, I receive an error message telling me "Not available. Unable to connect to a network. Please move to a new location and try again."

I will try tonight off of my home network to see if it is just the security settings of our wireless network in the office.

I had that problem when I first put in my address too. I fixed it by tapping the search button underneath the address entry. It made some changes to the address I put in (Pennsylvania instead of PA) and it worked from there on out.

Thanks. Still not able to use Wi-Fi calling, but will deal with that tonight. Another thing that I noticed this afternoon is that SignalCheck Pro isn't showing a data connection when the status bar shows one, albeit a roaming one (which is usually about as good as it gets here at work). One silver lining is that I'm occasionally getting 1X800 voice. I've attached screenshots. I will try and contact the SignalCheck folks

and let them see this too.

post-3601-0-17572800-1403723920_thumb.png

post-3601-0-00698700-1403723923_thumb.png

post-3601-0-08416200-1403724279_thumb.png

• Like 1

Wow, I'm impressed with the call quality and clarity on WiFi calling.  I was expecting something similar to the quality I hear on MVNOs like Republic Wireless, but no way.  Well done, Sprint and Samsung!

• Like 2

I'm not in a Spark market (yet, though it's getting close) and I'm receiving calls just as I would expect.

Thanks for the reply.  I've seen a lot of people complaining about it on the Sprint forums.  The Sprint replies are saying change the phone to be CDMA only until the issue is resolved.  I didn't know if it was a market thing or if it's like that everywhere.