Free tab 3 now until thursday

Rocket87

Anyone who starts a framily now until thursday gets a free Tab 3 in corporate stores.

Sent from tapatalk

sweet, another deal to entice me to switch ;) i assume it still requires some kind of data plan? minimum is still the $5/mo one right?

Keep in mind...I was told at Sprint that you HAVE to walk out the door with a $15/mo plan....you can switch it to $5/mo online any time...(Prolly just trying to keep their Commissions high)

Keep in mind...I was told at Sprint that you HAVE to walk out the door with a $15/mo plan....you can switch it to $5/mo online any time...(Prolly just trying to keep their Commissions high)

Without going into details, most Tablet sales don't "count" if the customer goes on the $5/month plan. For some stores, that isn't the difference between "high" commission or not, it's the difference between "comission" or "no comission."

Not exactly the truth.  On X-mas Eve, I went to a Sprint store to pick up a Tab 3 on a $5 plan, and they told me that.  So I said, "what if I ordered it online and picked it up here in the store?", and they said the same thing.

So, X-mas night, we went online, ordered one and specified the $5 plan, specified that we wanted to pick it up in-store, and the order was allowed on their website.  Went to a different store, picked it up, verified with the sales rep that I wanted the $5 plan (which was user-switchable on his screen), and been enjoying ever since.  Must be a commission thing... piss poor in my opinion.  @Rocket87, can you shed some light on that?

J.

Without going into details, most Tablet sales don't "count" if the customer goes on the $5/month plan. For some stores, that isn't the difference between "high" commission or not, it's the difference between "comission" or "no comission."

For corporate stores if they switch to the $5 plan with in 90 days its the same as a return. My store regularly gives customers a $45 bill credit if they keep it on the $15 plan for 90 days. Then they can move to the $5.

Sent from tapatalk

• Like 1

Not exactly the truth. On X-mas Eve, I went to a Sprint store to pick up a Tab 3 on a $5 plan, and they told me that. So I said, "what if I ordered it online and picked it up here in the store?", and they said the same thing.

So, X-mas night, we went online, ordered one and specified the $5 plan, specified that we wanted to pick it up in-store, and the order was allowed on their website. Went to a different store, picked it up, verified with the sales rep that I wanted the $5 plan (which was user-switchable on his screen), and been enjoying ever since. Must be a commission thing... piss poor in my opinion. @Rocket87, can you shed some light on that?

J.

Its a 100% because the store and rep get no credit. Its a loss leader to bring people in then upsell them on the fact that for just $10 more they can get so much more data and other stuff.

Sent from tapatalk

just got back from my local corporate store and was told the same thing. i surprised the guy with knowing about it since they just got the memo and hour before i got there :) so if i switch to framily next week and go ahead with the $15/mo plan i can then later switch it to the $5/mo plan online? i don't need data on a tablet and the only reason i would consider it is because its free and would only do the $5/mo plan. if i can't do the $5/mo plan i will just pass on it.

edit: would there be some point at the future, like 2 years, where you could cancel a data plan and keep the device?

They added it on and put my wife on the $15/month plan when she went in. I got the receipt while she was still there and logged in and got rid of both. Still have the activation fee which they also didn't say anything to her about, but I guess that's to be expected.

I just got back from a store in Tampa Florida and they told me everything that's already been said here but, I have to get TEP for at least 91 days. After the 91 days I can go ahead and cancel it if I wanted to rolleyes. Anyone else been told this?

They said that to protect their commission. Anything not kept for 90 days gets charged back off their commission check. Depending on their quota for "other"(aka upgrades, tep and unlimted data which are grouped together), they are getting like $.50-2.00 per an "other" item

Sent from tapatalk

• Like 2

there telling me to join easy plan pricing.   This better the 450 with unlimited data?   Bill 80 dollars now for one phone.   If i do this now can i save my upgrade?   I just got gs4 in may.  I want to save it for the 5

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up my free tab today at a non corporate store for switching to framily. After reading some of these posts I fully ecpected to get fed a load of crap about needing tep or a higher priced plan. The sales person went over all of it, including the $5 plan (which I got). She even offered to set the data block so I wouldnt get overages. I dont know if its part of the promotion or not but the activation fee was also waived.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I got it during the first promotion, not the Framily one. They put me on the 2GB plan, put insurance on it, and charged the activation fee. The activation fee I can understand, but I went online and got rid of the insurance and change my data plan to the 25MB plan the same day. It didn't stick and still charged me the prorated amount >.<