Westchester NY WiMAX outage.

JustinRP37

I have noticed recently that 4G WiMAX in Westchester NY has been having lengthy outages. The phone will connect to a WiMAX tower, but then no data services are present. When I switch back to 3G it works fine. There are also times when I am connected and then the phone will just drop 4G for no reason and then will not reconnect. I personally cannot wait for NV and LTE to be done with Clearwire. Hopefully Sprint has learned to always take care of your own network first. Is there a way to report an outage to Clearwire or Sprint without having to call and them acting like it is your phone?

I have noticed recently that 4G WiMAX in Westchester NY has been having lengthy outages. The phone will connect to a WiMAX tower' date=' but then no data services are present. When I switch back to 3G it works fine. There are also times when I am connected and then the phone will just drop 4G for no reason and then will not reconnect. I personally cannot wait for NV and LTE to be done with Clearwire. Hopefully Sprint has learned to always take care of your own network first. Is there a way to report an outage to Clearwire or Sprint without having to call and them acting like it is your phone?[/quote']

I don't know of any other way to report the issue. However, I did have a friend in Vegas who had the same problem and it was his device. Do you know anyone else with a WiMax device that you can compare with to see if they are having the same problem? If they are, definitely call.

Robert, Roberto, Admin, Hey You! Its all good! But this was posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

The whole WiMax Network went down 2 nights ago in Visalia, CA and neither my Clear iSpot or my phone would connect to 4G. I feel your pain Justin. Try another WiMax device like Robert suggested, and then call and gripe if both don't work.

Yeah both my wife's and mine went down. It is weird. It comes and it goes. I may call and complain soon because it is a pain especially when you are not even moving or touching the phone and the radio stops.