Why Does Verizon's Network Have So Many Outages?

BenChase7

It appears today that Verizon's network is experiencing widespread data issues. This seems to be a regularly occurring issue at Verizon over that last several months. I know 4G LTE is a relatively new technology for everyone, but VZ seems to be having issue after issue with data outages. What gives?

Phandroid.com:

It looks like Big Red may have suffered another data outage, folks... some users experienced the outage longer than others, and some are even still without data. One of our readers had data restored, then taken away shortly afterward.

http://phandroid.com...ef-data-outage/

http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-data-struggling-morning-sound-here

I've read that it may possibly be hand off issues between CDMA and LTE. I'm perfectly willing to let Verizon be the guinea pig with getting the bug's work out. It's the price you pay for being first with new technology and I'm sure Sprint and the others are taking copious notes. Just wait until Big Red & Metro PCS try out VoLTE for the first time later this year. Being first to market has its assorted headaches that go along with the fame.

• Like 2

I've read that it may possibly be hand off issues between CDMA and LTE. I'm perfectly willing to let Verizon be the guinea pig with getting the bug's work out. It's the price you pay for being first with new technology and I'm sure Sprint and the others are taking copious notes. Just wait until Big Red & Metro PCS try out VoLTE for the first time later this year. Being first to market has its assorted headaches that go along with the fame.

Funny you mention the price they pay for being first. Sprint can finally get the last laugh at VZW. Sprint used to get all of the cutting edge HTC handsets long before VZW so by the time they got them Sprint had worked all the bugs out of them. Don't mind waiting this time around to secure a stable network to use.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 via tapatalk

• Like 2

One thing is for damn sure, if I was on verizon paying those high rates I would be pissed. If I ever had to switch carriers I always thought verizon would be the better option for me but it looks like it would have to be att instead.

We commented on this I think awhile ago some but can't find where exactly now. Someone mentioned it being an issue more of how Verizon has implemented LTE and such being the reason and security involves or something like that, I think...

Regardless I feel confident Sprint won't have these issues as even before LTE it seems Verizon always had more network outages/issues...can't recall the last time I had sprints network go down...Nextel even for the matter

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

I'd rather have sprint use Mac address if it gets the network from going down ever month. Having Sims would be nice though. I would probably never buy a device from if they choose Sim cards I'd probably use Ebay and craigslist more.

I personally would rather have Sprint use sim cards for LTE like the rest of the competition. I am tired of seeing Sprint be the black sheep that is always different than the others. I am sure there has got to be a way to get LTE to work with sim cards and we don't know for sure the real causes for these outages. I am sure it is related with the 3G/4G handoff between EVDO and LTE but Verizon will come up with a solution for this to make it work. Also Verizon and Sprint's tower infrastructure is not the same so maybe Sprint's network vision towers is able to handle the 3G/4G handoff much better than Verizon given it has a smaller amount of customers and newer tower infrastructure.