Authorized dealer discount?

WeRtechSupport

Hello All, 

Staples is becoming an authorized retailer for Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile. Our Verizon rep told us we'll get half off our bill now if we have them, but we haven't heard form the Sprint rep just yet. Does anyone know when kind of kickbacks sprint gives for being an authorized retailer? 

The 3rd-party employee plan for Sprint is $20/month, +$10 for the Premium Data Addon. You can add TEP for +$8/+11. My bill is $42.00 usually. That gives you unlimited Data, unlimited Text, unlimited Mobile-to-Mobile, and 3000 anytime minutes.

With the Sprint employee plan, there's no contract, but you also do not get normal upgrades. You do get access to a special store called Sprint Rewards Me, where you can earn bonus money. After being on it for 6 months, you can buy handsets at national 2-year pricing, once a year, off contract.

• Like 1

Do Best Buy employees get that as well? I wouldn't mind working part-time there for extra cash to fund my smartphone addiction as well as get that awesome discount.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

The 3rd-party employee plan for Sprint is $20/month, +$10 for the Premium Data Addon. You can add TEP for +$8/+11. My bill is $42.00 usually. That gives you unlimited Data, unlimited Text, unlimited Mobile-to-Mobile, and 3000 anytime minutes.

With the Sprint employee plan, there's no contract, but you also do not get normal upgrades. You do get access to a special store called Sprint Rewards Me, where you can earn bonus money. After being on it for 6 months, you can buy handsets at national 2-year pricing, once a year, off contract.

National Retail doesn't get acces to the SRM site AFAIK.  

National Retail doesn't get acces to the SRM site AFAIK.  

Ah. You know, that would make sense. Cut down on fraud; actual Sprint store employees are much more likely to keep Sprint as their main carrier, after all.

Awesome, thanks for the info! 

cheap phones or not, I'm all about the cheaper plans. Will I be able to do this with an existing contract? 

What the sh*t is that? As a corporate employee we have 20 month upgrade cycles just like consumers. And NO option for One Up. Handset pricing also is usually identical to standard consumer pricing, without the holiday and incidental offers. They are off contract however, and our plan is free, unlimited minutes, text, and data, discounted Hotspot plans. TEP is normal price, but all of our add-ons are 25% off, including TEP.

• Like 1

What the sh*t is that? As a corporate employee we have 20 month upgrade cycles just like consumers. And NO option for One Up. Handset pricing also is usually identical to standard consumer pricing, without the holiday and incidental offers. They are off contract however, and our plan is free, unlimited minutes, text, and data, discounted Hotspot plans. TEP is normal price, but all of our add-ons are 25% off, including TEP.

Calm down, calm down :P when I typed "Sprint employee", I meant "Preferred Retailer employee". You know, what I had been talking about the entire time in my post...

The really bizarre thing about "Sprint Rewards Me Plus" is that only certain handsets are available at certain times, in limited stocks. So good luck getting the device you want, when you want it. Otherwise, have fun paying MSRP. And no option for One Up, either.

I just contacted my mangers and they told me I have to sell a phone before they'll approve my discount. I'm not sure what they have to do with the approval process, since i thought they were done through our rep..but I guess I'll have to wait to get my discount :(

They are off contract however, and our plan is free, unlimited minutes, text, and data, discounted Hotspot plans. TEP is normal price, but all of our add-ons are 25% off, including TEP.

I miss those days sometimes, then I remember I no longer work Weekends or Any Holiday!!!!

• Like 2

Right?

I'm only there one day a week now so I dont feel it as much... but thanksgiving/black friday is still hectic.

Yeah, couldn't do it now. I miss doing Plan-O-Gram though. I liked the set up and tear down.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The really bizarre thing about "Sprint Rewards Me Plus" is that only certain handsets are available at certain times, in limited stocks. So good luck getting the device you want, when you want it. Otherwise, have fun paying MSRP. And no option for One Up, either.

It's because SRM is sponsored by the manufacturers, and not Sprint.

The manufactures (rightly so) assume that if you have the phone you are more likely to sell that model over a competitors model.  

Yeah, couldn't do it now. I miss doing Plan-O-Gram though. I liked the set up and tear down.

My least favorite part. I was/am amazed at the sheer amount of research, planning, and coordination it takes to make PoGs though.  

• Like 1

My least favorite part. I was/am amazed at the sheer amount of research, planning, and coordination it takes to make PoGs though.  

That's why I liked implementing it.

I had mine for a couple months before quitting. Never got much on it thanks to my shitty managers always stealing my sales. I just keep the card now to open doors with. I gotta use it a lot at US Customs

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Plan-O was awful! They rarely worked out perfectly and all my store managers had to approve everything...TWICE!