Upgrade time! Best LTE Reception Smartphone

So I tested out the HTC ONE and it switches from LTE to 3G constantly in my area. I've checked out the sensory map and unfortunately, i'm in a zone where there isn't LTE but surrounded by LTE zones which may explain the constant flip/flop from data networks.

Before I committ to an LTE phone, which phone does the best at receiving and maintaining LTE?

Do not quote me on this, but I don't think any phone is going to help with that right now if they are working in your area.   Until your area is launched and every tower is upgraded I think your best bet is to just get a phone that suits your needs with LTE and be happy with it.   I think the iPhone 5s has 800/1900mhz, and the LG2 is tri-band, but until everything is complete there isn't much we can do atm.

Once everything is completed in your area, I'm sure it won't matter what phone you get, but a tri-band phone would definitely work best.

Do not quote me on this, but I don't think any phone is going to help with that right now if they are working in your area.   Until your area is launched and every tower is upgraded I think your best bet is to just get a phone that suits your needs with LTE and be happy with it.   I think the iPhone 5s has 800/1900mhz, and the LG2 is tri-band, but until everything is complete there isn't much we can do atm.

Once everything is completed in your area, I'm sure it won't matter what phone you get, but a tri-band phone would definitely work best.

Appreciate the info... I was afraid of this which is why I'll hang on to my s2. WiMax is still way better than spotty LTE atm.

Appreciate the info... I was afraid of this which is why I'll hang on to my s2. WiMax is still way better than spotty LTE atm.

Holding onto your WiMax device isn't a bad idea if you need the fast connection.  Just be sure that when you do upgrade you get a tri-band LTE device.  

I couldn't wait any longer to upgrade, so I just got a Moto X on One Up. Great 1900mhz LTE reception now, and hopefully good 800mhz voice reception when that gets turned on here. Since I got it on One Up, I should be able to pick from among a bunch of great triband phones in a year, and if they don't have 800mhz LTE going yet by then, I'll just wait until they do.

• Like 2

Why does anyone try.... you sound like me.. but if you just got it on the 25th the G2 will be out on the 8th and bb has an amazing offer for preorders its just 50 $ if you decide to use the giftcard they give you on it.

So much for hanging onto my s2... It's starting to have issues with the power button, constantly rebooting etc. i even soft bricked it but was able to recover using odin.

Anyhow, pre ordered the G2 and anxious like a kid on xmas eve!

• Like 2

So much for hanging onto my s2... It's starting to have issues with the power button, constantly rebooting etc. i even soft bricked it but was able to recover using odin.

Anyhow, pre ordered the G2 and anxious like a kid on xmas eve!

I was debating on G2 and Nexus 5 but I went with the Nexus 5. I just wish it had the battery size and the camera of the G2 :/ other than that what really turned me off was the LG skin. They should've made it more Nexus like, for example the Moto X.

nexus 5.

it is beating my note 2 at home where there is fringe lte and note 2 kept switching between lte/3g, but the n5 was stable lte.

I think it depends on your needs but the LG G2 and Nexus 5 seem to be great choices if you are looking for smartphones in the GS4/HTC One size.  If you need a phablet size phone then consider the HTC One Max or Galaxy Mega 6.3.  Either way make sure you are getting one of the triband LTE "Sprint Spark" phones so that you are future proof.

• Like 1

LG G2 came in early yesterday and I CAN"T BE ANYMORE HAPPY!!

Of course my data speeds at work (santa ana) is blazing fast (20Mbps Down), but now even getting consistent LTE at home which was the original concern. I guess the Triband made a world of difference!

On top of that, the battery on this thing is ridiculous. Turned it on yesterday for the first time at 11:30am, it showed 75% battery life. 25 hours later, i'm down to 12%.

I can go on and on, but just the fact that I'm getting LTE at home makes this phone soo worth it!