Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

Wow! That would be impressive, and fill in a huge whole in the NV site map.

YES!!! I really hope this pans out as rumored! It is exciting and depressing at the same time to read about NV going on all around us here in nTelos land. Although our 3G speeds are decent here in central VA (usually around 0.9 Mb/sec down), I still deal with pockets of 1xRTT 3G for data. I'd love to think about having to shop around for a triband phone later this year!

Keep us posted on any and all developments, please!

Sent from my CM 10.1 Touchpad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I really hope some work happen soon. Whether it be Sprint overbuilds with their own network or nTelos allows us access on their LTE network. My 3G speeds have dropped back to near unusable. Sub 1Mbps in most cases. :/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really hope some work happen soon. Whether it be Sprint overbuilds with their own network or nTelos allows us access on their LTE network. My 3G speeds have dropped back to near unusable. Sub 1Mbps in most cases. :/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would love to have that speed!

Maybe sprint is overlaying after all, I live in morgantown.

I recieved the same message from Sprint. When nTelos was beginning their upgrades I got the "We are building you an all new network!" message. :/ Kinda twisted of them to send us those messages but it not actually be any work on Sprint's half.

Those messages went out nationwide.  I received it in Rapid City, South Dakota too.  And I'm in a roaming zone.  There is no way, no how that Sprint will be turning on a nTelos overlay in the next 30 days.

Robert

• Like 2

Those messages went out nationwide.  I received it in Rapid City, South Dakota too.  And I'm in a roaming zone.  There is no way, no how that Sprint will be turning on a nTelos overlay in the next 30 days.

Robert

Is it still possible that they're referring to ntelos activating LTE here? I've seen some tower activity on my (and downtown's) tower.

Is it still possible that they're referring to ntelos activating LTE here? I've seen some tower activity on my (and downtown's) tower.

Morgantown is in nTelos' 2014 build out plans for LTE. But we can't connect. Just some faster, usable at times 3G speeds.

Edited by shawneyboy123

Yes, that's possible.  And it would be nice if it were usable to Sprint customers in the next 30 days.  But I don't recommend holding your breath.  ;)

Robert

• Like 1

Morgantown is in nTelos' 2014 build out plans for LTE. But we can't connect. Just some faster, usable at times 3G speeds.

Have you talked recently to any Sprint or nTelos reps in Beckley? What do sprints reps have to say when you ask them about nTelos LTE? And what about nTelos reps, are they still saying sprint customers won't be allowed on their LTE towers?

Have you talked recently to any Sprint or nTelos reps in Beckley? What do sprints reps have to say when you ask them about nTelos LTE? And what about nTelos reps, are they still saying sprint customers won't be allowed on their LTE towers?

I haven't gotten around to asking anybody in store. I remember when I was going through the nightmare of activating my 5S at the Sprint store I made a comment about how I wish I could connect to LTE and he just said "Yeah me too. They're working on it" and i mentioned how their coverage is dependent on nTelos and he completely ignored me.

At least I have some of the best 3G possible in morgantown.

Enjoy it, I had that around the start of the network upgrades. Now it is rare to hit 2. Now the average is about 100ms ping with .3-.8 down and consistent .7-.8 up. Although that was before the carrier hack for the iPhone, now I go above 1 more often but I still dont get those good speeds like i used to in most spots. And I have a direct line of site to 3 different towers at home, housing VZW, AT&T, USC, and nTelos.

It's almost as if they had a large influx of customers on the network after Christmas and its bogging down the network or something.... :/

Edited by shawneyboy123

Posted Image Just kinda looking around Sensorly out of boredom when I noticed this.... Someone recorded a Sprint LTE signal pretty deep into nTelos territory... At least according to the maps.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Whoa! That's odd. The signal near the Ohio river doesn't surprise me but that stuff near Nitro is definitely a surprise. Considering there are no other signs of Sprint LTE even in Beckley and Waynesburo it makes me think that maybe the Nitro area is being overbuilt by Sprint.

Whoa! That's odd. The signal near the Ohio river doesn't surprise me but that stuff near Nitro is definitely a surprise. Considering there are no other signs of Sprint LTE even in Beckley and Waynesburo it makes me think that maybe the Nitro area is being overbuilt by Sprint.

Possible.  But more likely is that the nTelos LTE network may be being opened up to Sprint customers.  Or, it was accidentally left open while testing.

Robert

• Like 1

I haven't heard about any nTelos LTE upgrades in that part of the state but you may be right.

I'm just guessing too.  I'm looking forward to finding out.  If they get accepted complete by Sprint, I will know soon.  ;)

Robert

• Like 3

I was told by a authorized agent that Roanoke Va will be getting 4g ntelos in Feb

Sent from USC s3 flashed to ntelos running 10.2

That is awesome. I can see ehrpd during boot on signal check Pro,

Then it drops to evdo. We probably aren't allowed on it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Posted Image Just kinda looking around Sensorly out of boredom when I noticed this.... Someone recorded a Sprint LTE signal pretty deep into nTelos territory... At least according to the maps.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

would've been awesome if the person doing the mapping would've taken a screen cap with the signal check pro information.

• Like 1