US Cellular changes

klrtovfr

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/10/14/us-cellular-rolls-out-shared-data-plans-puts-an-end-to-unlimited-data-plans-for-new-customers/

Being kicked from sprint for roaming next month, this was my only other choice besides Verizon and now they cost pretty much the same for a single line.

USCC is a trainwreck. 

Lots of issues with the billing system being talked about at TeamUSCC. Seems as if they're preparing for the big sale.  

Hope it's Sprint and not AT&T if that's the case.

• Like 2

The well-reasoned consensus is that those prices are horrible. Now the question is whether they are hurting for cash and desperate, greedy and aiming for a buyout, or just dumb.

USCC used to lead the industry in several metrics, and I was very happy to have once been their customer. Sadly, now they are just copying Verizon without the (data) network to back it up. I will be curious to see the state of that network after they've activated a few iPhones.

Hope it's Sprint and not AT&T if that's the case.

More importantly, when the sale comes, let's hope Sprint is willing to invest what it takes to bring all non-redundant towers up to NV status and doesn't just grab the spectrum and shut them down a la Nextel. There are a few places where they remain the only carrier with reliable coverage.

Cspire pulled this move awhile bank, yanking unlimited in favor of shared data priced identical to verizon. That lasted less than 1 year. Customers stonewalled the plans and they brought unlimited back at higher price points.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

just throwing a little price comparison out there......

i currently have 9 lines on my account, 4 on the 1500 minute everything data plan and 5 on the 3000 minute everything data plan. taking taxes, fees, and discounts out of the equation that costs us $489.93/mo or $54.45/line/mo.

these new USCC plans, with 10 gig of shared data for those 9 lines would be $460/mo or $51.11/line/mo. (verizon would be the same price)

For comparison the new sprint plans would be $510/mo or $56.67/line/mo.

so if you have a lot of smart phones but don't need a lot of data i guess they aren't too bad. me personally, for ~$5 more per month i would rather have the unlimited option :D

Positioning yourself to match pricing / practices of the companies that would be looking to buy you out.. makes a lot of sense.

Might already be a deal in the works with VZ or ATT....

get as much money before being bought out!