Verizon LTE, I'm impressed

illest_ios

verizion fan im assuming??

Not really. Milan is as much of an agnostic wireless network enthusiast as I have met. He and I have been working on a T-Mobile LTE article for the past several months.

AJ

• Like 1

Not really. Milan is as much of an agnostic wireless network enthusiast as I have met. He and I have been working on a T-Mobile LTE article for the past several months.

AJ

ah ok. well thats cool, hope its coming along well :tu:

When I got my spectrum analyzer a month or two ago I also saw VZW was running LTE in the AWS band in my area.  Just last week they upgraded their current LTE site near my work with newer LTE antennas.  It's already on and fired up as I can see a very strong AWS LTE signal from it now.  If only they had unlimited data....

• Like 2

When I got my spectrum analyzer a month or two ago I also saw VZW was running LTE in the AWS band in my area.  Just last week they upgraded their current LTE site near my work with newer LTE antennas.  It's already on and fired up as I can see a very strong AWS LTE signal from it now.  If only they had unlimited data....

if they offered it, would you consider leaving sprint for verizon? i mean that would be extreamly tempting... big IF though. as im sure VZW will never offer unlimited data.

if they offered it, would you consider leaving sprint for verizon? i mean that would be extreamly tempting... big IF though. as im sure VZW will never offer unlimited data.

Given the market I'm in and the tower downtown has been busted for a year, most definitely, there's a reason I see absolutely zero Sprint handsets around town.

• Like 1

Given the market I'm in and the tower downtown has been busted for a year, most definitely, there's a reason I see absolutely zero Sprint handsets around town.

1 year? thats just stupid... lol yeah that makes sense.

1 year? thats just stupid... lol yeah that makes sense.

11/01/2012 is my first documented ticket on the current issue for the site.  It's still broke as of today.  Between me and another member we've probably opened about 30-40 tickets this year on the site.  They let my co-worker out of his contract with his brand new 5 lines and phones scott free over the site.  I've gotten probably $300+ in credits over the site.  Opened another ticket today to start the process for more credits and cover my butt for going over my 300meg roaming due to this site.  Seems like it would be easier to fix and provide the customers in the downtown area with a working data connection.  :wall:

11/01/2012 is my first documented ticket on the current issue for the site.  It's still broke as of today.  Between me and another member we've probably opened about 30-40 tickets this year on the site.  They let my co-worker out of his contract with his brand new 5 lines and phones scott free over the site.  I've gotten probably $300+ in credits over the site.  Opened another ticket today to start the process for more credits and cover my butt for going over my 300meg roaming due to this site.  Seems like it would be easier to fix and provide the customers in the downtown area with a working data connection.  :wall:

yeah seriously. thats just an absurd amount of time for broken equipment... and no ETF? thats cool that they at least worked with your co worker around that. seems like a huge waste of money on srpints end rather then fixing the problem.

yeah seriously. thats just an absurd amount of time for broken equipment... and no ETF? thats cool that they at least worked with your co worker around that. seems like a huge waste of money on srpints end rather then fixing the problem.

No ETF and he didn't have to return the phones. They even let him share his Sprint experience to ten of his friends ;)

• Like 1

what's going on with this site? The site that I use when I'm at my office has had a bad echo for 8 months now , I have called many many times and have gotten a few cedits, and many promises that it will be repaired soon but no fix yet. the kicker is my office is a sprint connect line. This site has LTE but stops 200 yards before my office driveway.

Are they having a permit issue, or access issue to the site? That is a crazy situation, they are still upgrading the 3g sites here (additional capacity prior to NV) so it's not like they don't have any budget. They also should have a huge pile of kit to use from NV sites that have been updated to raid for spares. 

what's going on with this site? The site that I use when I'm at my office has had a bad echo for 8 months now , I have called many many times and have gotten a few cedits, and many promises that it will be repaired soon but no fix yet. the kicker is my office is a sprint connect line. This site has LTE but stops 200 yards before my office driveway.

LTE is there but is unusable after 9am. EVDO works decent until you get on channel 100 which doesn't work. Your data icon goes away, radio doesn't go to sleep as it jumps back and forth between channels trying to handshake but fails. Drains the hell out of your battery. I got them to shut off the channel for one month and it worked great. Some idiot Ericsson tech fired it back up and it's broke to this day.

Are they having a permit issue, or access issue to the site? That is a crazy situation, they are still upgrading the 3g sites here (additional capacity prior to NV) so it's not like they don't have any budget. They also should have a huge pile of kit to use from NV sites that have been updated to raid for spares.

No permitting needed here for NV work. Crews stopped doing upgrades here back in June for some reason.

Soo... Back to that awesome LTE...

Just so I know I am dealing with the same department, Dan@sprint.com is my corporate contact for outages and tracking problems, is there someone else that I should escalate my problems to??

LTE is there but is unusable after 9am. EVDO works decent until you get on channel 100 which doesn't work. Your data icon goes away, radio doesn't go to sleep as it jumps back and forth between channels trying to handshake but fails. Drains the hell out of your battery. I got them to shut off the channel for one month and it worked great. Some idiot Ericsson tech fired it back up and it's broke to this day.

No permitting needed here for NV work. Crews stopped doing upgrades here back in June for some reason.

Soo... Back to that awesome LTE...

off topic... haha. 80 mbps... thats some serious shit. i wonder how AT&T feels about this since they are the nations "fastest "4GLTE network..

off topic... haha. 80 mbps... thats some serious shit. i wonder how AT&T feels about this since they are the nations "fastest "4GLTE network..

I have an answer... it involves them getting into the TD-LTE ecosystem.

I'm willing to relocate to Atlanta or Dallas right away, be paid well, and make trips to China and Japan to meet with other TD-LTE authorities. I'm also willing to deal with Sprint/Clear/SoftBank on other collaborative TD-LTE ventures. 

• Like 1

I have an answer... it involves them getting into the TD-LTE ecosystem.

Are you suggesting that at&t try to buy some EBS spectrum from Sprint or utilize some other spectrum band for TD-LTE?

Are you suggesting that at&t try to buy some EBS spectrum from Sprint or utilize some other spectrum band for TD-LTE?

I'm suggesting they deploy WCS as TD-LTE, and perhaps adding 700 Lower D and E into that depending on testing. 

That WCS spectrum harmonizes with China Mobile's 2.4 GHz TD-LTE spectrum.