More Machinations from Dish

bigsnake49

Dish Network is petitioning the FCC for waiver of certain technical rules governing a terrestrial deployment on its 20 MHz of AWS-4 spectrum as well as a one-year extension for that deployment.

In a document filed yesterday, Dish said the waiver and extra time will give it the opportunity to determine if it will use its spectrum (2000-2020 MHz) for downlink or for uplink. Dish promised to take no longer than 30 months to make that distinction.

In return for the FCC granting the waiver and time extension, Dish has promised to bid in the upcoming H Block auction for the paired 1915-1920 MHz and 1995-2000 MHz bands. Either directly or indirectly through an affiliated entity, Dish promised to bid “at least a net clearing price equal to any aggregate nationwide reserve price established by the Commission in the upcoming H Block auction (not to exceed the equivalent of $0.50 per MHz/POP).”

http://www.wirelessweek.com/news/2013/09/dish-agrees-bid-h-block-auction-if-fcc-gives-it-more-time-aws-4-deployment

I would love for the FCC to slap them around a bit.

• Like 1

I'll go first.  WHOCK-CHAW!!!

Robert

I feel really bad saying this, but I can't tell if you're saying you now work for the FCC, or if this is some kind of pop culture reference I don't know about.

Whats the current deployment requirement? They need 1 extra year but 30 months to study their plan?

I love that CharChar thinks that guaranteeing a bid in the H block is a magical carrot. "C'mon, give me what I want and I promise to tie up even more spectral resources with my unknown network setup and impossible deplyment schedule (pay no attention to my threats to sell the company)"

Sent from my Note II. Its so big.

• Like 3

Whats the current deployment requirement? They need 1 extra year but 30 months to study their plan?

I love that CharChar thinks that guaranteeing a bid in the H block is a magical carrot. "C'mon, give me what I want and I promise to tie up even more spectral resources with my unknown network setup and impossible deplyment schedule (pay no attention to my threats to sell the company)"

Sent from my Note II. Its so big.

I think they need to have 30% coverage within 3 years and 70% after 5.

He was actually saying "lock jaw" in a Japanese-esque, Jackie Chan-voice.

Oh, I see.

In other news, Asian racism really bothers me, but it's seen as normal, even passe, in many English speaking countries. Such unthinking acceptance is the core of it.

Oh, I see.

In other news, Asian racism really bothers me, but it's seen as normal, even passe, in many English speaking countries. Such unthinking acceptance is the core of it.

Actually, there wasn't anything remotely close to racist meant by my statement, but feel free to twist it that way if you like.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Actually, there wasn't anything remotely close to racist meant by my statement, but feel free to twist it that way if you like.

lol? no need to get offended, it was more a general statement than anything directed at you. My comment was a reference to the fact that "asians speak bad engrish" or "funny asian accent" are common jokes with racist undertones.

Oh, I see.

You should see the Indian racism.

You should see the Indian racism.

India is in Asia ;) but don't tell the Americans that, they'll tell you "no, I'm talking real Asians!" (actual quote)

India is in Asia ;) but don't tell the Americans that, they'll tell you "no, I'm talking real Asians!" (actual quote)

Lol, actually it annoys me when I'm lumped into the Asian category. We're pretty much our own continent over there.

Lol, actually it annoys me when I'm lumped into the Asian category. We're pretty much our own continent over there.

I completely understand. I was just pointing out something typical of Americans in particular, a lack of understanding of basic geography. These "Americans" will look at you funny if you mention "The Americas", or will tell you that Chechnya and the Czech Republic are the same thing.

I completely understand. I was just pointing out something typical of Americans in particular, a lack of understanding of basic geography. These "Americans" will look at you funny if you mention "The Americas", or will tell you that Chechnya and the Czech Republic are the same thing.

Lol, of course.

Then again, I am American, and from New Jersey, which, in my mind is the center of the world ;)

What's the thoughts on the suits against Charlie? Looks like they may have him backed in a corner...

He's fought people so long and so consistently in the legal arena that it is an inevitability that the legal avenues he takes would backfire on him at some point.