Anyone have any info on any upcoming Sprint tablets?

LuisBOSS302

Galaxy tab 3 will be out very soon. We got cases this week in but price and date are TBD

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Thank you for confirming that for me. I knew it was the right decision to write that article about it.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for confirming that for me. I knew it was the right decision to write that article about it.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Kinda bummed we didn't get any of the note tablets :/

Hopefully the new Nexus 10 2 can be LTE and support Sprint's network.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm shocked the other tablet manufacturers haven't got on board with support for LTE universally. Only the iPad and Nexus 7 seem to be on that boat.

No Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 LTE model yet for any carrier. No Surface RT LTE model either. 

I'm shocked the other tablet manufacturers haven't got on board with support for LTE universally. Only the iPad and Nexus 7 seem to be on that boat.

No Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 LTE model yet for any carrier. No Surface RT LTE model either. 

Has not the market spoken, siding with Wi-Fi only tablets?

AJ

They need to get LTE model pricing down to less than 25-50$ difference.

Even though it seems that most of the carriers now have on demand data plans, its still a hard pill to swallow paying extra for the tablet then paying a potentially large monthly fee on top of that for LTE usage.

Yes, the current "cellular tax" for so equipped tablets is too high.

AJ

Yes, the current "cellular tax" for so equipped tablets is too high.

AJ

And this makes no sense to me, especially since the carriers have tablet-only plans.  For $25 more, I'd buy an LTE tablet and use it just on wifi.  If I ended up not getting enough out of it with wifi, then I'd buy a plan (or daily data if available).  As it is now, I'm not going to pay $100 for a feature I might use at some point in the future.  If one carrier made their LTE tablets much cheaper than the other carriers' then they would capture the market on undecided buyers like me.  Of course maybe there aren't that many people like me out there (first time tablet buyers who plan ahead for the unknown). 

And this makes no sense to me, especially since the carriers have tablet-only plans. For $25 more, I'd buy an LTE tablet and use it just on wifi. If I ended up not getting enough out of it with wifi, then I'd buy a plan (or daily data if available). As it is now, I'm not going to pay $100 for a feature I might use at some point in the future. If one carrier made their LTE tablets much cheaper than the other carriers' then they would capture the market on undecided buyers like me. Of course maybe there aren't that many people like me out there (first time tablet buyers who plan ahead for the unknown).

Is that not what sprint is doing with the tab 3 pricing? There is a sprint store in ft Wayne that put out 23 of the fuckers on Friday.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I agree, I think you get the WiFi to LTE gap within $50 of adoption, then you see nope uptake.

So, "nope," it would take a $25 gap?

:P

AJ

• 4 weeks later...

Even though it seems that most of the carriers now have on demand data plans, its still a hard pill to swallow paying extra for the tablet then paying a potentially large monthly fee on top of that for LTE usage.

Obviously no one can confirm this for certain, but I've always been told that the patent licensing fees alone are over $25 for cellular radio technology. Almost everyone gets a slice of that pie, Nokia, Motorola, Alcatel-Lucent, Qualcomm, etc.

I think there are a few already, but they could make stripped down LTE only chip tablets a lot cheaper, than trying to include 3g/cdma/gsm/hspa/etc service.

I would pay ~$25 extra for a tablet to optionally use a non-contract/prepaid/ondemand LTE only data plan of my choice.

In fact, tablets would make the ideal form factor for rolling out Global LTE only services on a single device, no legacy technology/frequencies/antennae rquired.

I think there are a few already, but they could make stripped down LTE only chip tablets a lot cheaper, than trying to include 3g/cdma/gsm/hspa/etc service.

I would pay ~$25 extra for a tablet to optionally use a non-contract/prepaid/ondemand LTE only data plan of my choice.

In fact, tablets would make the ideal form factor for rolling out Global LTE only services on a single device, no legacy technology/frequencies/antennae rquired.

Well then I have some bad news for you...

yes and that is?

Sorry, I was just joking. LTE has a bunch of patent licensing costs too.

Qualcomm is shipping over half the LTE basebands right now, though Broadcom and Intel seem serious about challenging them. Either way, you can't just manufacture a baseband chip... It's fairly specialized, maybe 10 companies in the world have the expertise, and you have to pay the patent piper regardless.

• 3 weeks later...

I wish Sprint would offer the Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 at least but by then the promotional price for the 2GB plan will have expired as well as the 25MB tablet plan becoming no longer available.

I agree. The 1024x600 resolution on the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 is so disappointing.