current sprint plans/pricing

bmattox79

i noticed when sprint first came out with the gauranteed unlimited for life, there were 2 options, the completely unlimited and one where ur data and messages were unlimited but your minutes were not, i cant seem to find that one anymore.  Is there only one unlimited type of plan now.  Ive had the everything data share plan for 3 years and im trying to figure out if i should switch for the unlimited for life gaurantee.  or ride out my contract february 2015 and see what happens??

i noticed when sprint first came out with the gauranteed unlimited for life, there were 2 options, the completely unlimited and one where ur data and messages were unlimited but your minutes were not, i cant seem to find that one anymore.  Is there only one unlimited type of plan now.  Ive had the everything data share plan for 3 years and im trying to figure out if i should switch for the unlimited for life gaurantee.  or ride out my contract february 2015 and see what happens??

Unfortunately, you're remembering it wrong. There was never a "unlimited for life" plan that included limited minutes.

That was everything data, I upgraded to everything unlimited with out paying more. Basically my bill is still the same except now I have unlimited talk.

yeah that's what I have now, the price for two lines is the same but I lose a chunk of my discount , but going to 3 lines is more expensive than the plan I have now. Hmmmmmmmm

damn! I thought I remembered another.. Oh well, thanks for the reply

The plan you're likely thinking of, there is an option for Unlimited Talk and Text, and then 1 GB of data (instead of unlimited) for $10 cheaper.

• Like 1

I don't know... That's like a large McDonald's French fry a week. Sounds pretty tempting to me...

But seriously, the new plans aren't quite as nice once you add more than two lines, but since it's just me and my wife, I will probably switch to it when I upgrade our phones. I have USAA and a credit union so I have two options for making it a tiny bit cheaper. USAA is 18% while a credit union discount is 10% but free activation but since the discount is only on the data portion, the difference is so small now that I may switch to the credit union discount for the free activation.

My wife was asking about switching to Verizon but after I mentioned this new unlimited for life plan, she decided Sprint was better just for that guarantee. It looks like the new plans work from a marketing standpoint.

I don't know... That's like a large McDonald's French fry a week. Sounds pretty tempting to me...

But seriously, the new plans aren't quite as nice once you add more than two lines, but since it's just me and my wife, I will probably switch to it when I upgrade our phones. I have USAA and a credit union so I have two options for making it a tiny bit cheaper. USAA is 18% while a credit union discount is 10% but free activation but since the discount is only on the data portion, the difference is so small now that I may switch to the credit union discount for the free activation.

My wife was asking about switching to Verizon but after I mentioned this new unlimited for life plan, she decided Sprint was better just for that guarantee. It looks like the new plans work from a marketing standpoint.

I thought with those new unlimited for life plans you couldn't use discounts, did that change?

I thought with those new unlimited for life plans you couldn't use discounts, did that change?

You can still use discounts! They come off the "data" section of the bill instead of the "first line" like it used to be.

So, for example, on the old plans, if you had 5 lines and a 10% discount, it still only came off the first line of $110, so $11 off. For the new plans, if you have 5 unlimited data lines, that's 10% of $300, so $30 off.

• Like 1

You can still use discounts! They come off the "data" section of the bill instead of the "first line" like it used to be.

So, for example, on the old plans, if you had 5 lines and a 10% discount, it still only came off the first line of $110, so $11 off. For the new plans, if you have 5 unlimited data lines, that's 10% of $300, so $30 off.

You still can't use a credit union discount on a sero plan right?

so there is no limit to the amount of lines you can get a discount on with data?  if i have 5 line all with data i get my discount off all 5 lines $30/month data=150??

WOW!! this new setup makes going to 3 lines about $40/month more expensive, that sucks!  Im just worried that if i stick out my current contract till December of next year they may have gotten rid of unlimited data.  It would be nice if sprint gave us loyal customers who stuck through the horrible data times a heads up if they do get rid of it.

I thought it was just off the data add on only. I have a 26% discount through work and 4 lines total so I'll have to check if the price is much different.

Metro pcs is offering four lines unlimited everything for 100 bucks... I don't know poor, but I'm sure they would move if they were promised something better in speed to sprint, they go. I myself have hanged on for too long. But I'm going to wait cuz I need something great to happen while I'm witnessing it

Sent from my Verizon Roaming Beast

You mean 10% of $150, so $15 off?

The discount only came off the first line of the plan and didn't include add ons to it such as the premium data charge.

On everything data plans that is correct, to an extent.  it also applied to anything that was more then $20.  But since most of the plan add-ons were $19.99 or less, that is why it was never attached to anything else.  This was another reason why they seperately charged for the second line after so long, so they did not have to give a larger discount on the account and they could then enforce the discount and the discount cut off.

I don't know if I'm doing my math correctly, but it seems like to new plan would cost me an additional $70 per month.  Right now I have 5 lines on the 1500 minute Everything family plan.  The first line costs $110 + $10 (premium data fee), then lines 2 - 5 cost $19.99 + $10 (premium data fee), plus the insurance @ $11 per line brings the total to $295 per month.

Under the new plans with unlimited data on all 5 lines the cost would be $365 per month.

I don't know anyone that does much calling to land line phones, so the unlimited mobile to mobile covers that majority of the voice calls.  I doubt that my situation is "unique" so I don't really see how the new plans are beneficial to customers on family plans.

I am currently under a 26% business discount, so I save ~ $29 per month off the first line ($110).  Under the new plan the discount would come off the data fees ($150) so it would be ~ $39 per month.  So I would still be on the hook for an additional $60 monthly.

In what situations are these new plans truly saving people money?  It seems like you would have add some aunts, uncles and cousins to your plan in order to max with 10 lines before you start to see savings.  Or spend a lot of time on the phone calling businesses or landlines?

In what situations are these new plans truly saving people money?  It seems like you would have add some aunts, uncles and cousins to your plan in order to max with 10 lines before you start to see savings.  Or spend a lot of time on the phone calling businesses or landlines?

After doing a full spreadsheet on this, no one saves money except for single lines.  the only time you save money witht he new plan is if you are on a 3000+ plan or if you are running multiples of the unlimited everything plan.

• Like 3

After doing a full spreadsheet on this, no one saves money except for single lines.  the only time you save money witht he new plan is if you are on a 3000+ plan or if you are running multiples of the unlimited everything plan.

That's not true; plans with 6 and over do end up saving money, (especially with discounts) as you can only have one "Family Share Plan" per account, in general. That can only be overridden by people who really know what they're doing, otherwise you end up with double billing and nothing works. In other words, for 99% of consumers, you can only have one. With Everything Data expiring in a few months, this won't matter soon anyways.

On a Everything Data Share plan, after 5 lines, you either have to put it under someone else's name to get another Everything Data Share plan, or start adding individuals for $80 - or switch to a business plan, which requires a federal tax ID.

This allows for a single bundled plan of 10 lines at a price of $56 per person (plus addons and tax, minus discounts, of course) for unlimited. That's pretty much MVNO pricing-tier of inexpensive, but includes a subsidy. At 5 lines, it's $61 per person.

Yes, for most people, this is unfortunately a price hike. As Rob has stated in other threads about this, it's very likely that Sprint wasn't making any money - and probably losing some on the device subsidy - on those $30/month little addon lines.

I am switching to the new plan and doing the "Up" thing. My wife likes to keep her old phones so I will buy her phone and finance mine. I will end up about even, maybe a couple of dollars more depending on tax and fees. I won't be saving, but I won't be paying any more really and I will only have to shell out half of what I normally do to upgrade this year and can have another awesome phone next year. It sounds like I will end up benefiting just fine and if Sprint makes a little extra, I am okay with that, too.

That's not true; plans with 6 and over do end up saving money, (especially with discounts) as you can only have one "Family Share Plan" per account, in general. That can only be overridden by people who really know what they're doing, otherwise you end up with double billing and nothing works. In other words, for 99% of consumers, you can only have one. With Everything Data expiring in a few months, this won't matter soon anyways.

On a Everything Data Share plan, after 5 lines, you either have to put it under someone else's name to get another Everything Data Share plan, or start adding individuals for $80 - or switch to a business plan, which requires a federal tax ID.

This allows for a single bundled plan of 10 lines at a price of $56 per person (plus addons and tax, minus discounts, of course) for unlimited. That's pretty much MVNO pricing-tier of inexpensive, but includes a subsidy. At 5 lines, it's $61 per person.

Yes, for most people, this is unfortunately a price hike. As Rob has stated in other threads about this, it's very likely that Sprint wasn't making any money - and probably losing some on the device subsidy - on those $30/month little addon lines.

While i am currently at a place where i am limited on what i can and cannot upload, i would be happy to take the info i have and share it at a later time.  I will say that without a discount, you save on a single or break even on a double with the 1500.  on the 3000, it fluctuates depending on lines.