current sprint plans/pricing

bmattox79

While i am currently at a place where i am limited on what i can and cannot upload, i would be happy to take the info i have and share it at a later time.  I will say that without a discount, you save on a single or break even on a double with the 1500.  on the 3000, it fluctuates depending on lines. 

kcnqxw.jpg

Whipped this up earlier. Doesn't include tax, insurance, or other addons, because presumably they will be the same. Assumes unlimited smartphone data for all 10 lines, as well as the inability to stack Everything Data plans. Rounds anything that ends in ".99" to the nearest dollar. Doesn't bother comparing the 3000. Pic is with a 10% discount (Credit Union, as it's the most popular), but different discounts don't change much.

kcnqxw.jpg

Whipped this up earlier. Doesn't include tax, insurance, or other addons, because presumably they will be the same. Assumes unlimited smartphone data for all 10 lines, as well as the inability to stack Everything Data plans. Rounds anything that ends in ".99" to the nearest dollar. Doesn't bother comparing the 3000. Pic is with a 10% discount (Credit Union, as it's the most popular), but different discounts don't change much.

didn't think about the non stackable plans however, you could have the 1500 and 3000 as i think a member here had.  I will full scale it later.

Posted Image

So basically 3-7 lines (the category where most people are) is more expensive with the my way plans vs the old plans?

• Like 1

So basically 3-7 lines (the category where most people are) is more expensive with the my way plans vs the old plans?

Of course. Its the same price hike the other companies did with their "share" plans as well.

You only save money if you give something up, or youre in a rare situation (ie, family of 7).

Anecdote: I worked at Verizon when the share everything plans came out. Stores were very aggresive in getting people to switch by doing bad math (ie, not counting discount, telling people 1GB was perfect for 5 lines etc).

I had to change a whole bunch of people back, even though we werent supposed to. Amusingly enough, when they changed the system, a whole bunch of old options reactivated. I made a lot of people happy with things like 5,000 text message plans (for $7.99 or whatever) that had been extinct for a good five years.

• Like 1

I feel like one of the benefits Sprint has always had over the other carriers was being less expensive.  It seems like that is gone now.  I guess there is still value because you have the OPTION of unlimited data, but I think it is rare for someone to have 5 or more heavy data users on a family account.  In my situation, I know at least 2 of my lines would be fine with the 1 GB per month but the lack of other tiers and the $10 price difference pretty much forces you to opt for unlimited on all the lines just to be "safe."  

With wifi becoming more readily available in so many places, I know a lot people that rarely use their cellular data.  

I know this is off subject, but is there a thread discussion on why Sprint never offered wifi calling like Tmobile?  I still haven't got the hang of sorting through the forums' search results...  Sorry 

I feel like one of the benefits Sprint has always had over the other carriers was being less expensive.  It seems like that is gone now.  I guess there is still value because you have the OPTION of unlimited data, but I think it is rare for someone to have 5 or more heavy data users on a family account.  In my situation, I know at least 2 of my lines would be fine with the 1 GB per month but the lack of other tiers and the $10 price difference pretty much forces you to opt for unlimited on all the lines just to be "safe."  

With wifi becoming more readily available in so many places, I know a lot people that rarely use their cellular data.  

I know this is off subject, but is there a thread discussion on why Sprint never offered wifi calling like Tmobile?  I still haven't got the hang of sorting through the forums' search results...  Sorry 

I've honestly question the whole notion of WIFI being available in most places. I think about my daily commute (40 minutes each way via bus), and there is no WIFI there. Along with that, other than being home or at work, there is no WIFI where I can just connect without paying. 

Metro pcs is offering four lines unlimited everything for 100 bucks... I don't know poor, but I'm sure they would move if they were promised something better in speed to sprint, they go. I myself have hanged on for too long. But I'm going to wait cuz I need something great to happen while I'm witnessing it

That metro deal only offers 500megs of high speed data for each line. After that they throttle you down to 2G speeds for the rest of your billing cycle. At least on the bright side, metro is now only offering GSM phones since T-Mo is moving all their customers over to that network so you have a much wider selection of phones to choose from.

I've honestly question the whole notion of WIFI being available in most places. I think about my daily commute (40 minutes each way via bus), and there is no WIFI there. Along with that, other than being home or at work, there is no WIFI where I can just connect without paying.

I can related to the daily commute with no wifi, I have 30 mins each way myself. I consider spending at least 40 hours a week at work plus whatever time I get to spend at home as having wifi most of my day. The majority of my phone usage occurs in those places since the majority of my time is spent in those places.

I guess my perception of wifi availability is slightly skewed since the local telco in my market has hotspots scattered throughout the city. A lot of the restaurants in Cincinnati have bell or AT&T access. Usually when I'm out and about my data usage is doing quick web searches and mapping locations. The only time I end up doing heavy video streaming or stuff that is data intensive is when the gf drags me with her to go shopping or to do stuff with her friends/family.

Everyone's situations are different. The truly heavy data users that I know are business travelers or business owners that have mobile offices.

I can related to the daily commute with no wifi, I have 30 mins each way myself. I consider spending at least 40 hours a week at work plus whatever time I get to spend at home as having wifi most of my day. The majority of my phone usage occurs in those places since the majority of my time is spent in those places.

I guess my perception of wifi availability is slightly skewed since the local telco in my market has hotspots scattered throughout the city. A lot of the restaurants in Cincinnati have bell or AT&T access. Usually when I'm out and about my data usage is doing quick web searches and mapping locations. The only time I end up doing heavy video streaming or stuff that is data intensive is when the gf drags me with her to go shopping or to do stuff with her friends/family.

Everyone's situations are different. The truly heavy data users that I know are business travelers or business owners that have mobile offices.

That's the same usage I have when I'm out and about. Now here, Verizon has not deployed hotspots, but all the cable companies have. Unfortunately, since I have Verizon FiOS, I can not connect to them. Fortunately, Sprint's NV upgrades work for me.

I'm typing this post sitting in my hotel in Chicago, and on LTE. The coverage and speeds here are fantastic in my limited experience.

WOW!! this new setup makes going to 3 lines about $40/month more expensive, that sucks! Im just worried that if i stick out my current contract till December of next year they may have gotten rid of unlimited data. It would be nice if sprint gave us loyal customers who stuck through the horrible data times a heads up if they do get rid of it.

When the other companies got rid of unlimited, there was definitely a heads up. You'll know beforehand if and when unlimited goes away. It doesn't happen overnight.