Samsung SPH-L700 aka "Sprint Galaxy Nexus" makes it to the FCC

irev210

This is just great, this should hold me over just fine until I see whats coming out over the summer.

Verizon's version is $799 off contract.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

No its not, its actually $649.99. The price of 799.99 sounds more like a best buy retail price not a price directly from verizon.

• Like 1

Looks like it will support LTE only in the 1900 band.

yup, that was already known. First round of phones will be non-LTE advanced.

It should get more interesting when LTE-Advanced phones start shipping next year. Once that happens, you will see LTE-Advanced handsets on Sprint's 800MHz and Clearwire's 2.5GHz.

That's a lot of antennas!

No its not, its actually $649.99. The price of 799.99 sounds more like a best buy retail price not a price directly from verizon.

I think you're right: http://www.verizonwi...tedPhoneId=5801 VS http://www.bestbuy.c...&contract_desc=

BB (and other 3rd party retailers) always charge more for off contract phones. People always forget that

I stand corrected. The funny thing is that best buy price matches Verizon's prices. a6fa60b8-58c5-43ce.jpg

• Like 2

I'm curious if the specs will be the same as the Verizon version, or will this be the elusive GNex+.

Hopefully + but I wouldn't make any bets on it.

I'm curious if the specs will be the same as the Verizon version, or will this be the elusive GNex+.

I was hoping for some upgraded specs myself but realistically I don't think it will happen, in either case though I will still be getting it. It should make a great place holder until my HTC Evo 4g hd lte or my Samsung Galaxy S lll Epic 4g Touch 2 hd lte is released. LOL, you gotta love these crazy names.

• Like 2

Hopefully + but I wouldn't make any bets on it.

Seems like there is a chance that it will have 1.5GHz and 8MP camera. *shrug* we'll probably find out this month.

Looks like it supports LTE 1900 and CDMA/EVDO 800/850/1900. Basically just like the LG Viper that was approved 2 months ago, but the GNex will also do EVDO in ESMR that the Viper had to give up for LTE. Guess the 4" screen in the Viper made the form factor too small to support 4 bands in Rx diversity.

• Like 1

The CDMA baseband will have to be different on the Sprint model if it will support 1xAdvanced. The VIA chip in the VZW version won't do 1xA. That's a good thing though-- there is nothing better than a Qualcomm baseband!

• Like 2

The CDMA baseband will have to be different on the Sprint model if it will support 1xAdvanced. The VIA chip in the VZW version won't do 1xA. That's a good thing though-- there is nothing better than a Qualcomm baseband!

Love me some Qualcomm!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if the new promotion Sprint is running for upgrades (likely to clear inventory on WiMax phones) has any correlation with the release of the new Nexus. I know there were rumors for mid-April release, which I thought sounded logical, however the new promotion (an additional 50-75 bucks off the already discounted upgrade price) runs through the end of April. Do you think there is a possibility that the G-Nex will not be released till after the promotion??

http://www.sprintfee...upgrade-credit/

Possibly. But also they will likely still have a lot of WiMax devices still in inventory to dump when LTE devices start selling. And they will definitely have to incentivize them to get rid of them at that point.

Its possible that they are just not selling them as fast as they hoped.

Robert

Posted via Forum Runner

• Like 1

After reading on other forums some people seem pretty upset over the lack of 800MHz LTE. How will does the Sprint Nexus compare to Verizon's? Don't they only use one band of LTE (700MHz)? I understand 800 would have better building penetration but wont 1900 allow for the signal to travel further?

No, 1900 is a less powerful signal for range and building penetration. It will be similar to current cdma on 1900. But 800 LTE won't even be turned on until next year. And yes Verizon uses 700 for LTE.

I think most people (myself included) were hoping that Sprint would future proof its first line of LTE phones so when Sprint jumps to 1xA which will include the 850MHz band these phones would already have the capability built in instead of having a partially obsolete phone within 6 months to a year.