nv/lte/ehrpd question

hescominsoon

if a site is not ehrpd enabled but still evdo reva for 3g data that most likely means the lte upgrades probably haven't started or turned on yet yes?...i'm curious since ehrpd data gets routed through the lte cores would this be a decent indicator?

if a site is not ehrpd enabled but still evdo reva for 3g data that most likely means the lte upgrades probably haven't started or turned on yet yes?...i'm curious since ehrpd data gets routed through the lte cores would this be a decent indicator?

The entire Sprint network has been eHRPD enabled now.  Even on legacy sites.  Is it just one site that you don't have eHRPD, or is it all of them?  It could be that eHRPD is down in your area.  Or it could be your device is not set in LTE mode.  Or it could be a problem with your device.

Robert

All day at work yesterday, I didn't get eHRPD at all.  Only EvDo Rev. A.  This was in Florence, Hartsville, and Darlington, SC.  Tried restarting the device several times, but no avail.  As soon as I got back to the first tower in the Charlotte Market, bam, eHRPD.  I think it may be a MSC issue.

The entire Sprint network has been eHRPD enabled now.  Even on legacy sites.  Is it just one site that you don't have eHRPD, or is it all of them?  It could be that eHRPD is down in your area.  Or it could be your device is not set in LTE mode.  Or it could be a problem with your device.

Robert

it is my nearest tower that doesn't come up ehrpd.  other towers do come up ehrpd.  The ones in frederick city itself well...i'm glad if i can even make a call so data isn't a concern since it really doesn't work at all..:)

• Like 1

Robert

ive had that happen to me occasionally where it wont read ehrpd.. just show evdo.  no real signal degradation just occasionally it will show it.  i never understood why, it happens considerably less often when connected to a nv accepted site. than a site that hasnt hasnt. but occasionally it still shows it. 

currently for the month the breakdown is

82.1% ehrpd

14.7% evdoa

2.6% 1xrtt

and .6% n/a

i wonder... if im connected to a 1xrtt site for sprint, yet roaming on evdo on a different tower... if thats why im seeing the evdo and not ehrpd?? 

Last time I have seen (noticed) EVDO besides roaming was when I was on a small "partner" network (Carolina Wireless) in the Lake Lure NC area... That whole situation confused me because the Sprint maps showed either weak roaming or NO signal -- yet I was in "home" coverage.  (Makes me wonder how many more dead/roaming zones are actually "home" coverage out there)..

I go back to EVDO-A all the time for short periods.  However, I've never had it be only on one specific site.  When I revert back to EVDO-A, it will stay that way on any site I go to, until I reboot.

When this happens to me though, most of the time I think it's a device issue.  The device gets hung up on EVDO-A in lieu of eHRPD.  Because most of the time I look at the other devices in my house, they are still on eHRPD.  And vice versa.  Lots of times my wife's LGOG will revert to EVDO-A and my Note 2 is on eHRPD.  And I have verified by PN that we are both connected to the same site.  The one in our yard.   :hah:

Robert

• Like 1

I've been on Rev A going on 2 weeks now here in North San Diego. It seems to be that way in other locations in North San Diego also. I rebooted many times, and nothing changed.

when the first site in my area was accepted nv3g that site was only EVDO-A for two weeks before I guess they upgraded the software on it. I have also noticed for me that sometimes when my phone loses an LTE connection, my phone will connect EVDO-A and not connect back to LTE until the radio is cycled.

I jump back and forth from EV-DO Rev A and eHRPD all the time. I think the culprit is my airave, whenever I am in my home I stay on EV-DO Rev A and when I'm out and about it's usually eHRPD. I think the airave only broadcasts EV-DO Rev A because there really is no need for eHRPD, considering it's used for smooth hand offs between 3G and 4G and my airave isn't capable of 4G.

I go back to EVDO-A all the time for short periods. However, I've never had it be only on one specific site. When I revert back to EVDO-A, it will stay that way on any site I go to, until I reboot.

When this happens to me though, most of the time I think it's a device issue. The device gets hung up on EVDO-A in lieu of eHRPD. Because most of the time I look at the other devices in my house, they are still on eHRPD. And vice versa. Lots of times my wife's LGOG will revert to EVDO-A and my Note 2 is on eHRPD. And I have verified by PN that we are both connected to the same site. The one in our yard. :hah:

Robert

I did some driving around the county...most of them are solid evdo..I know of one near myersville that is lit w LTE and when I am outside of LTE range I am solidly ehrpd. My gnex actually will reliably toggle from evdo to ehrpd and back on its own...never thought my frankenphone would be good for war driving but it is...

• 2 weeks later...